AzCactusGray

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C5, SC430, 67XKE, 08 XJR, 78 F250, 22 Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
607,568 is the number of Mustangs Ford was able to produce in 1966. That works out to about 50,600 Mustangs a month. Fast forward to 2021. Ford can barely produce 5,500 Mavericks a month. I'm in month 6 awaiting my Maverick. As of today I do not have a build date.
I just got off the phone with Ford customer service, I was told, off the record, that
I should expect it no sooner than April 2022. At first the reason was the pandemic and supply issues blah blah blah blah blah. And I do understand that to a point. But then I bring up the fact that I know the same exact vehicle that I ordered has been delivered to people that ordered well after I did... And then allocation was brought up as the real reason. It seems it really is not the pandemic at this point as it is allocation. I understand allocation as it may pertain if I wanted to buy a vehicle off the lot. I do not understand why it applies if I order my vehicle directly from Ford to be delivered to said dealership. One should have nothing to do with the other. So I went on to inquire as to why was I not told allocation would have bearing on when I get my vehicle, more so in fact than my order date. And I was told corporate could not give me that information, but the dealer could. Now what dealer would tell me that they do not have a large allocation and thus it will greatly delay when I get my Maverick, and risk not getting the sale? It really is BS.
Now I shall go make some popcorn and await the 'splaners to pontificate why I don't understand the big picture.
But facts are facts and in 1966 Ford produced over 600,000 Mustangs and in 2021 probably cannot produce 10% of that total in Mavericks in one model year.
Sponsored

shocontinental

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When did you put in your order?

In hindsight I should have placed my order sooner, but I didnā€™t realize supply would be so low. Now Iā€™m thinking I should also have placed duplicate orders at all my nearby dealers instead of just my local dealer.

OP
OP

AzCactusGray

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When did you put in your order?

In hindsight I should have placed my order sooner, but I didnā€™t realize supply would be so low. Now Iā€™m thinking I should also have placed duplicate orders at all my nearby dealers instead of just my local dealer.
July 4, 2021

Shay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Your comparison is a little bit lacking of proportional perspective and context.

First, 1966 was the THIRD FULL YEAR of production for the Mustang, not the first THREE MONTHS of a new product launch as in the case of the Maverick.

By 1966, Ford had THREE plants building the Mustang in Dearborn MI, San Jose CA, and Metuchen NJ - thus they had the capacity to build that many cars.

This year we also have this little thing called a PANDEMIC. This has cause a global shortage on manpower, supplies, parts, material and has cause production of literally everything to be at a 50-60% level.

People ....get some perspective.

Sponsored

XLTMAV

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla (2)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You can always cancel your order. No one is forcing you to purchase a vehicle from Ford. If you can wait, great. If not, then move on. I am tired of seeing posts about the long waits. We live in a free market economy. If Ford is doing a shitty job, I'm sure a competitor will step in at some point.

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / Tiger 900RP / 300cc Grom / Surron
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you feel better?

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Your comparison is a little bit lacking of proportional perspective and context.

First, 1966 was the THIRD FULL YEAR of production for the Mustang, not the first THREE MONTHS of a new product launch as in the case of the Maverick.

By 1966, Ford had THREE plants building the Mustang in Dearborn MI, San Jose CA, and Metuchen NJ - thus they had the capacity to build that many cars.

This year we also have this little thing called a PANDEMIC. This has cause a global shortage on manpower, supplies, parts, material and has cause production of literally everything to be at a 50-60% level.

People ....get some perspective.
I was starting to research this very point. Thank you for stating it so well.

RNeeley

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL, 1944 Willy MB, 1949 Dodge project.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had a quick look, and there were 559,451 Mustangs built in 1965. Maybe a better comparison, first year to first year. However, will we know the true numbers, until mid-2022? None the less, production seems rather low.

Sponsored

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You are clearly cherry picking data. Lets just agree the process isnā€™t great and weā€™re all tired of waiting. Weā€™re lacking other options for the same reasons we donā€™t have the Maverick yet. Lets all get over it. We will receive the truck when receive the truck. Happy New Year! šŸŽŠ

OP
OP

AzCactusGray

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had a quick look, and there were 559,451 Mustangs built in 1965. Maybe a better comparison, first year to first year. However, will we know the true numbers, until mid-2022? None the less, production seems rather low.
121,538 is the number for the 1964 1/2 Mustang. So that works out to a bit over 20,000 a month from startup. Compare that to a bit over 5,000 a month on the Maverick.

OP
OP

AzCactusGray

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would wait it out, your 22 Mav may be a collector since so few produced.
By the time the Maverick is a collector's car, people will not be allowed to own individual transportation... You don't think that's true? read what's going on in England right now.
Sponsored