YazYaz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't think this thread should be about gas mileage but more of what works for you as a Maverick owner.
That is not what this thread is about. Feel free to begin a new thread.
Sponsored

Last edited:

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I suspect the majority of owners will not still own the car when it is in need of a new battery pack. The factory warranty is 8yrs and 100k miles, but most will last far longer than that. There are two hybrids in my family, both with over 150k miles and on the original battery pack. The cost of replacing a hybrid battery pack has also gone way down in the last decade.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If I don't go to Starbucks I can save the $$ difference every month and keep my 4k. :)
But if I already don't go to Starbucks because of exorbitant $$ I cannot justify a 4k.😳

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
“Survival kit contents check. In them you’ll find:
– One forty-five caliber automatic
– Two boxes of ammunition
– Four days’ concentrated emergency rations
– One drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills
– One miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible
– One hundred dollars in rubles
– One hundred dollars in gold
– Nine packs of chewing gum
– One issue of prophylactics
– Three lipsticks
– Three pair of nylon stockings.
– Segway Dirt eBike

Shoot, a fella could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff!
Shoot if a fella didn't take
- Three lipsticks
– Three pair of nylon stockings
He wouldn't need all that other stuff!!!
🤔

Ron Neal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That is not what this thread is about. Feel free to begin a new thread.
Agree but most threads here seem to take twists and turns so better to just let mine fade away. :)

Sponsored

ConfusedMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Maxima
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've calculated that considering fuel, upfront cost, and interest/opportunity cost, the hybrid is likely to save an owner about $10-15K over 10 years of ownership compared to the AWD EB. So, about $100/mo.
I initially thought the same thing but then took a hard luck and ask myself how often am I likely to use a towing feature? The truth is it was very minimal maybe .01% of the time, and for those rare occasions I can always rent a truck to handle those jobs. The hybrid will be way cheaper, while offering the real benefits 99.99% of the time.

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

What about BATTERY REPLACEMENT cost??? :unsure:
Battery replacement is covered by the hybrid system warranty for 8 years or a set amount of miles (don't recall off the top of my head, but I think it's at least 100k miles). That means if you put on 12k miles a year (or less) you'll be covered for the full 8 years. Unless you are putting on 15+k a year a buyer has a safety net for at least that long. Also, if the batteries use good cells, they should last 10-15 years on average if they are anything like most existing hybrids. By the point you'll have saved more than enough gas to cover the cost of replacement and then some.

Last edited:

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

People trying to put value on a car purchase. It depreciates any way you order it.
I think the discussion is on how much money you save on fuel costs with the hybrid, not the value for resale, so not sure where this came from.

Sponsored

Darksider

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two
Most of the northwest can't use regular octane fuel since its 85. So have to consider that the maverick might actually hurt someone coming from a ~30mpg Asian car that can run 85.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Battery replacement is covered by the hybrid system warranty for 8 years or a set amount of miles (don't recall off the top of my head, but I think it's at least 100k miles). That means if you put on 12k miles a year (or less) you'll be covered for the full 8 years. Unless you are putting on 15+k a year a buyer has a safety net for at least that long. Also, if the batteries use good cells, they should last 10-15 years on average if they are anything like most existing hybrids. By the point you'll have saved more than enough gas to cover the cost of replacement and then some.
You make a good point, if you are planning on keeping the vehicle long term you have to deduct the cost of battery replacement from your fuel savings. You should still make out and hopefully batteries will be cheaper by then.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Most of the northwest can't use regular octane fuel since its 85. So have to consider that the maverick might actually hurt someone coming from a ~30mpg Asian car that can run 85.
What do you guys do get, is it E85?

notfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Lux FFV
Engine
Undecided
if you are planning on keeping the vehicle long term you have to deduct the cost of battery replacement from your fuel savings
At least on a personal note, after I pay off a car, I continue to pay a set amount into a separate account for repairs. Cuz lets face it; the more mileage a vehicle clicks off, the higher the chance is to have something that needs to be replaced.

So for me, if the hybrid battery kicks the bucket at 120,000 miles, I'd just pull money from that repair account rather than consider it negated from fuel savings. It'd be similar to, say, if I had an EcoBoost Maverick and the transmission imploded at 80,000 miles. I wouldn't add the price of that transmission repair to the amount I spent on gasoline.

I'd be more interested in a TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) report or estimate on a FWD EB versus a hybrid to see if and how the differences (major and minor) add up. For example, the hybrid has a high-voltage battery, but it also has regenerative braking, no accessory drive system, and a powertrain with fewer moving parts.

The truth is it was very minimal maybe .01% of the time, and for those rare occasions I can always rent a truck to handle those jobs. The hybrid will be way cheaper, while offering the real benefits 99.99% of the time.
You pretty much summed up why I want a hybrid. It's good for 95% of my intended use. The last 5% can be made up by renting the necessary equipment. Fortunately I'm on the outskirts of a major metro area, so renting something on short notice is not a problem.

Even when I owned a 8.5x20' enclosed, it would've been cheaper for me to just rent a 3/4 ton truck to tow it ten times a year than what it cost me to own my '01 F-250. And I would've been driving a late-model diesel than my over-a-decade-old V10 gasser.
Sponsored