First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Eh I don't know. When I'm driving I do a lot of in and out. When I'm driving my maverick, I have to consciously look at the ignition to get the key in and I don't think I'll improve to be able to do it without looking (nor do I want to poke randomly)

Other car, fob never leaves my sweater pocket, step on brake and press an easy access button.
It's kinda just nice. Not something worth spending a ton of money on or a deal breaker but it's just nice. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Its all good. I too wouldn't have went up to a lariat just for the push start. Not ever having that I'm kinda talking BS. Maybe if I need another vehicles before I croak, I'll get the push start and fob thingy.
Sponsored

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
1. No interior color options for each trim
2. No sync 4 or 3 for xlt or xl trims
3. No start button on xlt or xl trims.
I liked that the XLT interior color is an actual color! I don't know what #2 is & I'm glad it doesn't have a push button start, like our 1950's TRACTOR. I can't imagine being so 'involved' that I cannot turn a key.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Eh I don't know. When I'm driving I do a lot of in and out. When I'm driving my maverick, I have to consciously look at the ignition to get the key in and I don't think I'll improve to be able to do it without looking (nor do I want to poke randomly)

Other car, fob never leaves my sweater pocket, step on brake and press an easy access button.
It's kinda just nice. Not something worth spending a ton of money on or a deal breaker but it's just nice. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Your troubles with the key sounds like my first real date. Trust me it gets better!

MaverickPR

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There’s nothing for me to “hate” about the Mav. Well, maybe I can bicker about the skinny tires. I actually like the boosted 2.0 with the auto tranny and I’ve driven only manual/naturally aspirated cars forever. The Mav checks all the boxes at this price point.

Sponsored

SkeeterB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux, 4K, FX4, 360, Velocity Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Once it's in your garage you can't hate it. Go motoring and it gets even better.

Jah.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jah.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick xlt fx4 , Honda 700 ctx mc
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If its such a bother to carry a key , open a door , inserting key in the ignition and turn the key I would buy something else .

Nomadikhan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 Daytona Shelby Z, 07 Yaris, 22 Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I hate that..

1-My wife won't quit putting it into sport mode
2-the screen has to be there at all
3-Can't think of anything

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Push to Start is the silliest "deal breaker" to me when people say they can't buy a vehicle because it doesn't have it.

Not referring to anyone in this thread, just speaking in general.

Is not fidgeting with a key that you have to keep nearby anyways really worth that much value to potential shoppers???

Wild.
Agree. None of my previous vehicles have had push button start. I've test driven cars with push button start, and it made no difference whatsoever in my future buying decisions.

Not a fan of auto start/stop but have only witnessed this as a passenger, not a driver.

Losing cruise control for me isn't a big deal. That is the one option all of my previous cars had. I can name a HANDFUL of times I actually used the cruise control, all involving 35mph hot zone areas with police looking for easy pickings. I'll keep you posted on my first speeding ticket without it.

Not a fan of lane departure warnings. Daughter has a Subaru Outback that beeps if you breathe wrong. Too overly sensitive.

I think the first time I try Lane Assist and the steering wheel shutters on its own, I'll probably freak.

weitau

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Fe
The Maverick is the Model T or Volkswagen Beetle reborn. A people's car that is affordable, practical, and gets amazing gas mileage. When the average price of a new car is $43,000 and the price of gas is $4.50 per gallon, no wonder the Maverick is so hard to find. Despite using a key to start.

Sponsored

AndrewinMD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think it has more to do with the microchips involved in implementing these systems than the cost.
Not so sure since the Ranger has the same silly limitation, and it's been that way since it debuted here. I'd probably have a Ranger right now if I could have push button start on the XLT. I didn't want to spend nearly $40k on the Ranger Lariat so that I could have the button. Now, I did order the Lariat with the Maverick because even with that, I'm just barely over $30k.

As for the comment about it being a deal breaker, I'm so used to it at this point (had it since 2016), that going back to a key seems archaic. Also, since my front door has a keypad, I literally carry the Ford keyfob and nothing else, and I never touch it apart from putting it in my pocket and taking it out (maybe remote start or shutting off the @#%ing alarm when it accidentally turns on in my pocket*). Even most rental cars these days have push button start.

*Honestly, if Ford used the same keyfob on the Mav, I would not have bought it. I actually removed the button on one keyfob to stop the damn thing from activating constantly. Is it a federal requirement to have that stupid panic alarm? I used to set it off on my '09 Fusion as well. :mad:

Maverick Grabber

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chrysler 200, 2022 Maverick XLT Red
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Push to Start is the silliest "deal breaker" to me when people say they can't buy a vehicle because it doesn't have it.

Not referring to anyone in this thread, just speaking in general.

Is not fidgeting with a key that you have to keep nearby anyways really worth that much value to potential shoppers???

Wild.
Keys are more secure, but oh my God soo hard to turn 😄

TomD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee Trailsport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Push to start has to be cheaper to build than a key-operated ignition switch. My cheap 2011 Mitsubishi had push to start and true keyless entry.
I can remember Chryslers built in the early 1960’s had push button start and push button automatic transmission selector buttons.

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
1. No rear defroster
2. Brake service mode INOP
3. something I have not yet discovered lol, but probably transmission and/or service related.

I don't think anyone has mentioned these things and I can live without the first one, but I service my own vehicle there is currently no fix for the vehicles not going into brake service mode. FORD has only released an SSM advising dealers to use FDRS to force service mode. You cannot use ForScan to do it.

The rest, I'm content with so far or I would not have bought the vehicle. I'd like to see ventilated seats in the future for ones with the fake leather. I've only had one vehicle previously with leather and it had them - man what a difference it made. Or I'd just take an option for the denim like cloth and orange in the Lariat Lux versions. I like the color scheme with the brown - but I don't trust this fake stuff to hold up over the years. I guess the only thing I can do is condition it like it's leather? I may end up getting Katkinz covers in a couple years anyways if they can replicate the same color.
Sponsored