First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The general intelligence consensus is a refresh in 2025 and a platform change in 2027/2028.

Given the commercial success of the Maverick in its current form, the refresh is likely to be minor. Maybe some front end styling changes, some new electronic features, and some materials improvements to justify a higher price. Those waiting for hybrid AWD or PHEV probably won’t see that until the platform change.

We should see a 2025 product announcement before this summer.
Given the success Ford is enjoying with the Maverick, there are perhaps a half dozen mini trucks from various manufacturers on the horizon and soon to be released. If Ford tries to stand pat and make minimum changes going forward, the competition will eat their lunch in this segment and take market share.
Sponsored

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If it aint a Hybrid AWD... I don't care what they change. They've already made it clear they intend on removing features and charging more for the vehicle - so they can suck it.

Paulyz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.churchbelltoweradventure-suspense.com
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The general intelligence consensus is a refresh in 2025 and a platform change in 2027/2028.

Given the commercial success of the Maverick in its current form, the refresh is likely to be minor. Maybe some front end styling changes, some new electronic features, and some materials improvements to justify a higher price. Those waiting for hybrid AWD or PHEV probably won’t see that until the platform change.

We should see a 2025 product announcement before this summer.
Yeah, Ford shouldn't change much, but a few changes would be appreciated by many. Height of Maverick actually 68", not 66". And a bit of change in grill, plus more ground clearance in front. Otherwise, it's just about perfect.

Paulyz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.churchbelltoweradventure-suspense.com
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah, Ford shouldn't change much, but a few changes would be appreciated by many. Height of Maverick actually 68", not 66". And a bit of change in grill, plus more ground clearance in front. Otherwise, it's just about perfect.
P. S. Also heated seats, etc. as an option, not a whole lux package.

Sponsored

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
P. S. Also heated seats, etc. as an option, not a whole lux package.
That won't happen. That are streamlining trim levels and de-contenting features - no chance they add standalone heated seats for any trim.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I expect a modest exterior refresh but entirely visual and nothing mechanical - really just to differentiate the 2025+ from the original mavericks.

Interior will see a modest refresh as well. While I don't see new materials across the cabin - I would expect Ford will likely address the scratching around the cupholder/dial area with a new surround similar to the 2024 Bronco.

I believe the 6.5" screen for the driver cluster will become standard across all models and a new 10-12" screen with Sync 3 standard (Sync 4 on Lariat, Tremor, ST).

Lastly - there will definitely be an "ST" model. I think it is a 50/50 toss up on the AWD hybrid. I wouldn't be surprised if Ford didn't bring it to market but I wouldn't be shocked if they do. If they do - expect it to be limited to XLT or higher and cost $40k.

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Unpopular opinion - hybrid AWD will take a fuel economy hit negating it's benefit and add additional cost already above the +$1500 fee for hybrid, and few will see the benefit if they use snow tires on the FWD hybrid.

Now, a plug in PHEV hybrid AWD w/ 4k towing makes sense, BUT price wise will be much higher than currently at.

I honestly don't know if it would be worth getting AWD hybrid vs the now base ecoboost AWD w/ the 4k towing option. I think that might be more useful, especially if most miles are highway.
Even if it's only a 2 MPG gain, it's still a gain. If they can do it for the Escape they can do it for the Maverick. It was about budget to keep the EBs rolling. A tried and true platform that already existed in many platforms including the C2s. They tested the waters and the sea was parted. The majority of people would absolutely rather have an NA Hybrid with an AWD option. 4k would be nice, but not really a big deal for a hybrid.

I see no reason why they won't provide it eventually. PHEV is still a massive turn off for the majority. I have no doubt it will also be an option in the future but if it's anything like the Escape, crumbs on the table.

Surprised we haven't seen or heard news of a Raptor variant.
I'm not. $50k+ territory easily. The Tremor is currently the nice model on the Maverick where as the other trucks that offer it are basically mid tier like a Z71. It's just an off road package for those models. For the Mavericks its basically already the Raptor version lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ven

wax87

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Avalon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

2024 is almost the same as 2023, is there any change on 2025?

is it worth to wait half year for 2025?
I do not think anything is going to change until the competition come out with their trucks
Sponsored

Reactions: Ven