Ven

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
2024 is almost the same as 2023, is there any change on 2025?

is it worth to wait half year for 2025?
Sponsored

Maverstang

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata; Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

The general intelligence consensus is a refresh in 2025 and a platform change in 2027/2028.

Given the commercial success of the Maverick in its current form, the refresh is likely to be minor. Maybe some front end styling changes, some new electronic features, and some materials improvements to justify a higher price. Those waiting for hybrid AWD or PHEV probably won’t see that until the platform change.

We should see a 2025 product announcement before this summer.

Razor802

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hayden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
“Johnny’s Car Care & Reviews” from YouTube mentioned hearing insider information that awd hybrid was Otw for 2025 model.

inline_five

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Unpopular opinion - hybrid AWD will take a fuel economy hit negating it's benefit and add additional cost already above the +$1500 fee for hybrid, and few will see the benefit if they use snow tires on the FWD hybrid.

Now, a plug in PHEV hybrid AWD w/ 4k towing makes sense, BUT price wise will be much higher than currently at.

I honestly don't know if it would be worth getting AWD hybrid vs the now base ecoboost AWD w/ the 4k towing option. I think that might be more useful, especially if most miles are highway.

Razor802

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hayden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Current escape awd hybrid has almost identical fuel economy to fwd Mav. Might not be much change in efficiency if 2025 Mav awd hybrid came out.

PHEV would be awesome, but probably ruined by price making it not make sense.

Sponsored

inline_five

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Current escape awd hybrid has almost identical fuel economy to fwd Mav. Might not be much change in efficiency if 2025 Mav awd hybrid came out.

Interesting I had thought I saw an mpg hit, thx

Yeah I think a PHEV would price the Mav outside of what it’s worth. PHEV Ranger maybe, supposedly Australia is getting it.

I found this on Reddit:

There was a statistic shared with ford salespeople, the new computers can measure how often AWD is actually engaged (AWD escapes are FWD until slippage is detected then power is sent to rear) and less than 5% of all miles done in AWD escapes are actually in AWD

WANTMYMAVERICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black Maverick Lariat Hybrid BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Unpopular opinion - hybrid AWD will take a fuel economy hit negating it's benefit and add additional cost already above the +$1500 fee for hybrid, and few will see the benefit if they use snow tires on the FWD hybrid.

Now, a plug in PHEV hybrid AWD w/ 4k towing makes sense, BUT price wise will be much higher than currently at.

I honestly don't know if it would be worth getting AWD hybrid vs the now base ecoboost AWD w/ the 4k towing option. I think that might be more useful, especially if most miles are highway.
Was thinking the same thing. An AWD hybrid will probably only get approximately 35mpg very low 40 mpg which is nearly similar as the Ecoboost AWD.

todd92

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 (2), Edge ST, Edge Titanium
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The really big changes are coming in 2026. I would wait until then.

burger_time

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mazda3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Except if you can get tax credits and incentives for the PHEV it may be worth it. Now that the EV market is losing steam this may be where a lot of the interest goes. A lot of people could do most of their daily driving within the electric range.

TwoTone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tig
Engine
Undecided

Considering the steady decontenting, the better question, try and find a 2023 or buy a 2024?

Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Based on the spy photos a while back, I would say some new features. I'm thinking optional 360 cameras, larger infotainment display, maybe a digital cluster, and intelligent cruise option.

I would imagine the overall shape of the truck will remain the same, but there might be some trim differences and maybe some different interior/exterior color options.

I personally thing they need to release a Limited trim. It would be, um, limited, but it would basically be a Maverick with everything you expect in a top trim vehicle. Maybe make it the PHEV.

Kritas

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Everyone is milking their customer base these days. My thought is that Ford will push for more features that includes subscription services that will provide continual cash flow to them.

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hybrid AWD for lariat and maybe XLT
ST like trim package for the same

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Everyone is milking their customer base these days. My thought is that Ford will push for more features that includes subscription services that will provide continual cash flow to them.
Subscription service model is the biggest turnoff ever, at least to many I know. The mindset and justification will be "everybody's doing it". If that's the case, I'll buy clean late model (pre-subscription) vehicles as long as possible.
Sponsored