Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Maybe a Courier? Time to get back to basics.. I don’t know how it is in the Mainland but here in Hawaii there are a LOT of those tiny Japanese trucks and I wouldn’t buy one because they were probably floating in the Tsunami…
US manufacturers won't make a smaller truck unless it is electric. EPA rules discourage smaller than the Maverick.
Sponsored

OneAlienBoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It would be nice if they offered a "Base" model, then the XL, XLT and Lariat. The base would be kind of a work truck but you could order the things you need ala carte.
Creative proposal, but it's too expensive to make built to order vehicles where every single option is specific to the customer. That's why you usually see options that group multiple things together.

lajlmt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
With the way they actually have started to decontent anything but the Lariat trim - I actually am perfectly happy with my 2023 XLT + Lux Pkg.

Only thing I could think of that they could improve is a larger screen which is hardly a deal breaker for me anymore. However I am hopeful that some third party company will produce a replacement 10-12 inch screen. The existing screen is held in place by three easily removable bolts and one electrical connection.

Mechanically - I would love to see the 2.3L and 10spd offered for $3,500 up charge but I know that won't be happening.

The refreshed Mavericks will probably get more durable plastics on the inside (or maybe not) and yes it took 1 trip to soccer practice for my kids to ruin my back seats before 1,600 miles so the plastic does indeed suck - it's another one of those things that just doesn't bug me that much.

TL;DR - I'm content. Wouldn't mind an aftermarket 10-12 inch replacement screen.

Sponsored

Stealth Raccoon

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Chevy S10
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Offer the 1.5L as base motor?
Back seat delete?
Fog lights?

If they offered the 2.3L they better call it the Grabber package!

Skyline

First Name
Skyline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Honda Ridgeline
Engine
Undecided
Why would they refresh when they currently can't meet the demand. A fresh will happen after RAM or GM or Toyota announce a production date of compact truck.
It's too late for me by then, but the right time to sell the Maverick... ;) 😂

mcc63303

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sold 22 Hybrid XL now 24 Hybrid XL, 57 Chevy 454ci
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would not expect great leaps as far as changes go on the 25. Real interior tweaks correcting scratchabiliy and switchology issues (like drive mode default to last used), different colors inside. Things outside: fix left rear wheel gap in fender liner (if not sooner), make rear with hitch less vulnerable to mass damage from impact, return sliding or power window to all models. Fix all bugs that have continued to plague the model that have not been corrected. Like the right rear passenger window. A sportier trim package would be nice and not difficult to do. I could hope for more, but really I just expect problem areas to be fixed.
See my thread "custom fabricated cover" for the gap in the left rear that throws dirt/debris onto the back of the left brake/tail light assembly. Gives you an idea of what you can make.

OneAlienBoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I see a few comments saying give us a 2.3. Not bad, not bad, but I say if you're going to make the ultimate street performance maverick, go all the way. I see your 2.3s, and I raise you a 2.7 with a 10 speed. Give me a 400 hp maverick with a rear biased AWD system baby. I want to be roasting the tires off and doing 0-60 in 4 seconds or less. If you aren't gonna make it absolutely nutballs, there's no point in doing it. Ford's been doing a great job at going a little crazy these last few years, as they should, why stop now?

Sponsored

pigsareus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would like to see Ford get back to the original idea of a basic, affordable Maverick for working people without big budgets. Make it possible to order an XL hybrid without waiting years. The market is already flooded with high end luxury trucks.
I’d love to see an ST trim that is factory lowered and obviously they should do an AWD hybrid. Probably an EV.

And those would have little overlap with their other trucks, which I presume is why they don’t make enough Mavericks, cannibalization. But personally I wasn’t cross shopping the Maverick with Ranger or F150.
AWD on a hybrid, when they've already jacked the price up by $1500 for the hybrid option wouldn't make any financial sense. AWD would add another couple thousand to the price, and AWD would decrease the MPG by a fair amount. So you end up paying another $3500 and get less MPG probably in the 35mpg range. With those drawbacks just buy an ecoboost, it already gets reasonable MPG and is priced lower than the hybrid.

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

how about a pickup based on the Ecosport :ROFLMAO:
Definitely a competitor to the Ram 700 / Fiat Toro
I see a few comments saying give us a 2.3. Not bad, not bad, but I say if you're going to make the ultimate street performance maverick, go all the way. I see your 2.3s, and I raise you a 2.7 with a 10 speed. Give me a 400 hp maverick with a rear biased AWD system baby. I want to be roasting the tires off and doing 0-60 in 4 seconds or less. If you aren't gonna make it absolutely nutballs, there's no point in doing it. Ford's been doing a great job at going a little crazy these last few years, as they should, why stop now?
There are a few technical reasons why this is unlikely, but I'd never say impossible.

The Maverick is a transverse engine layout. The 2.7 is available transverse in the Edge but only with the older 7 speed auto. It hasn't yet been paired with the 8 speed used in the Maverick ecoboost.

The 2.7 is also about 200 pounds heavier, it does have a second turbo and more piping of course.

The 10 speed is a longitudinal transmission for rwd and 4wd vehicles with a transfer case. It's not coming to the Maverick.

Meanwhile the 2.3 and 8 speed has already been in transverse fwd/AWD applications including the Corsair. But the Corsair switched to a higher output 2.0, so I think that's possible as well. That a Maverick ST just has a higher output 2.0. Hope not.

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Considering they don't even offer ventilated seats on the 2024 Ranger Lariat, I doubt we would see them in a Maverick.
Or the Bronco! Yeah, this one is pretty unlikely.

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If you can’t handle the whine, get out of the whine cellar…..
For the most part I have. I posted a "Mavs Owner Timeline" that describes the life cycle of a typical MTC member a while back. I have had my truck 15 months. Beyond giggles, the longer you own your Mav, the less valuable this forum becomes and the more annoying the whiny babies become.

Nonetheless, as I have told newcomers. There is not a better single source of information on the Mav than MTC and I really appreciate all I have learned and gained from here.
Sponsored