Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Let's talk about why we can't get the Everest here...IMO it is the best looking SUV that Ford has ever produced, frustrating that we can't get it here.
It would devour Expedition sales as a cheaper 7pax body on frame SUV. I think it's also fairly expensive in Australia to buy.... Trend with Towing (like an XLT grade) is about $51k usd after AUD to USD conversion. Of course it's only available with Diesel as well.
Sponsored

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here's a left field thought exercise...

Ford keeps hinting strongly at a $25,000 USD tiny electric truck. So to keep the product line sane, they add content to the Maverick and increase the base price to around $30,000. Now they have the BEV at $25K, the Maverick at $30K, the Ranger above that, and the F150 above that. It's what OEMs tend to do - they move each model more and more up the price chart so they can introduce something new at the bottom.

OP
OP
Mavtremor24

Mavtremor24

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 maverick tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

It would devour Expedition sales as a cheaper 7pax body on frame SUV. I think it's also fairly expensive in Australia to buy.... Trend with Towing (like an XLT grade) is about $51k usd after AUD to USD conversion. Of course it's only available with Diesel as well.
Sign me up..Makes me want to move to Australia just to get one

Deweyordeweynot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dewey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 XLT Oxford White / 2018 Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

That makes it more weird. For a rendering, wouldn't you start with the existing Maverick tailgate image? Why would you go to the trouble of deleting the letters on the image?
I guess to annoy 5% of the readers.

Sponsored

ArtP

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Still with the stupid knob shifter...man, the number of times I've reached for it and turned the fan speed knob by mistake.
Glad I'm not the only one. One reason I wanted a new truck is because I wanted a vehicle with controls more like our Honda CR-V. The truck I was driving had a column shifter while the CR-V had a console shifter, and the truck didn't have the new digital features. While I love my Maverick, it didn't solve any of my issues. Dial shifter, steering wheel button controls on opposite sides from the CR-V, etc. I drove in the rain for the first time with the Maverick today and couldn't figure out how to keep the wipers on. The lever pushes down for wiper selections and up for a single swipe in the CR-V, but it's just opposite in the Maverick.

OrCoaster

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81 VW Caddy and 96 Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The grill reminds me of the Explorer and the cubby blocking the volume knob does not make any sense.

Start knob needs to move left and that is where the volume knob should go. Up near steering wheel.

Donaldw

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester, insurance pmt. from stolen tacoma.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorry, that grill is a downgrade. Too busy. Too lacking in clarity of idea, which if you think about it, is the essence of the Maverick.

The-X

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The interior reminds me of a poorly set up layer cake starting to tip over, I don't mind the front but it just kind of looks "maverick +1" not like an overhaul.

I don't really care for the cliff-cave phone hole because then there's another below it? It seems a little disjointed like designed by committee or something.

I'll take one of those "cubby filling screens" though. That hole always bothered me.

Criss944

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Criss
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverodo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I preferer real knobs and buttons over touch screen controls. Yes, I have driven cars with only touch screen controls. I found myself taking my eyes off the road way to long to find the correct button, then I hit a bump and press the wrong button.

Even though the touch screen is larger, it appears to me that the map display will be the same size. Thier only accomplishment was getting rid of the cubby and the ergonomic knobs and buttons. Being able to adjust the angle of the screen to eliminate sun glare would be true upgrade.

Sponsored

Bohefus

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat BAP, 2016 Mazda 3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I guess we are doomed to something ugly then....
Not sure how you or anyone is doomed to something ugly unless they planned on buying the unreleased and unconfirmed 2025 version.

OP
OP
Mavtremor24

Mavtremor24

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 maverick tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Not sure how you or anyone is doomed to something ugly unless they planned on buying the unreleased and unconfirmed 2025 version.
That was wax87 that said that..my comment was about chris Farleys cousin 🤣

Jman79

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Vue, Honda Odessey, Ford Maverick 🤞MY24
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Found an article with digital Renderings of what the Maverick face lift could look like
Running this through my internet interpreter AI...

Translation:
"I had a little too much free time, so I decided to waste some on this article. An article which was written by someone who also had too much free time and decided to not only make stuff up, but render it."

😂 No matter how well done, well hypothesized, or well written, it's just someone trying to generate traffic. Aka click bait. Kind of exhausting really. Unless they include photos from Ford proving grounds it's not noteworthy.

RadioDoc

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Gotta say, I'm not a fan of the touchscreen HVAC controls. The space below the display seems to provide better utilization though. I'd probably get used to it after a while, but it wouldn't be my first choice.