Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
Nothing, it's just a fee. There is also a $269 etching fee that is added on in finance that the sales guy failed to mention
That is not required, just for it to be removed and there will be no fight whatsoever.

Ranch

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Marverick FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Why do you consider someone "dumb" who chooses not to order 4K if they never tow anything and keep a vehicle long enough that it matters little on resale value??? :unsure: :unsure: I am so glad I got my 22 Lariat before I was forced to pay for AWD. I live in an area with no need. Some people could care less about 4K towing and AWD.:)
Resale value plus added trans cooling.

OP
OP
fordvideoguy

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Why do you consider someone "dumb" who chooses not to order 4K if they never tow anything and keep a vehicle long enough that it matters little on resale value??? :unsure: :unsure: I am so glad I got my 22 Lariat before I was forced to pay for AWD. I live in an area with no need. Some people could care less about 4K towing and AWD.:)
I think it's a better ride because of the differential upgrade and cooling you get. If we ordered a Ecoboost AWD we would include the 4k tow package. Just in case the person wanted to tow with it.

Ranch

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Marverick FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think it's a better ride because of the differential upgrade and cooling you get. If we ordered a Ecoboost AWD we would include the 4k tow package. Just in case the person wanted to tow with it.
Even if I never tow with my 4K Maverick having the extra cooling for the trans is a big plus for while I own it and a good selling point if I decide to sell it.

In my opinion it's well worth the extra $745. There's no way you can add the extra features for anywhere close to that price after the fact.

Sponsored

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I understand how you would order it and that makes sense. However, I presume that you believe the regular cooling is sufficient if the truck is not towing anything?? If it is and I am not towing, why do I need upgraded cooling? I am also not aware that a differential upgrade makes for a "better ride"???? I am not considering sale or resale value as I keep the vehicle "forever"!

I am not trying to be contrary as I truly appreciate the valuable info you have provided this site!!!!

OP
OP
fordvideoguy

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
I understand how you would order it and that makes sense. However, I presume that you believe the regular cooling is sufficient if the truck is not towing anything?? If it is and I am not towing, why do I need upgraded cooling? I am also not aware that a differential upgrade makes for a "better ride"???? I am not considering sale or resale value as I keep the vehicle "forever"!

I am not trying to be contrary as I truly appreciate the valuable info you have provided this site!!!!
Nothing wrong with someone ordering AWD without 4k tow, I was just stating that for selling purposes, the AWD with 4k tow will sell better.

OP
OP
fordvideoguy

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
I verbally agreed twice on a deal with window tint added but when the actual contract came in a few mins later it was much different than what we verbally agreed and had this etching fee which was never verbally mentioned. I haven’t seen a dealer with an etching add on since the early 2000’s. Not sure how many finance guys LM has but in my opinion the one I had sucked cause the deal went down mountain from there cause it only kept getting more expensive with forced add ons or forced financed options and apparently I was special for even getting that deal. I get some finance guys might try to be some dealer superstar stud but no need to be douchey just cause you might have 2-3 people interested in same vehicle. Actual sales people there seem good but then this finance guy ruins it by trying to get his. Just my opinion based on my experience but I’m sure others have had a better experience with them.
I don't like hearing about an experience like this. Could you please DM me your name so I can relay it to my General Manager? We want to make sure that no one else has an experience like this at Long McArthur again. Thank you.

surfstar

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
and those people rightly buy hybrids :)

Hdscreens

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CT5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
DM sent but not looking to get anyone in trouble. Best you guys figure out any bad apples that might be bad for business.

I don't like hearing about an experience like this. Could you please DM me your name so I can relay it to my General Manager? We want to make sure that no one else has an experience like this at Long McArthur again. Thank you.

Sponsored

Fcnrwy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Area 51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Gotta sting for all those folks that paid thousands in adm
I don't know, That "Sting" feels pretty good after Driving Mine for 400+ days now... :ROFLMAO: :cool:

Jerry

OP
OP
fordvideoguy

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
DM sent but not looking to get anyone in trouble. Best you guys figure out any bad apples that might be bad for business.
That's what we are trying to do. Figure out your finance manager.

Connect

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That is not required, just for it to be removed and there will be no fight whatsoever.
I appreciate that it's easy to say that but it's not a real world experience. I voiced that I was not told anything about it previous to coming to finance and that I did not want that. I was told that it was mandatory and that it was already done so it couldn't be removed. So in order to get it removed I would have had to act like I was going to walk......don't have time for the extra games and it was still a better deal than I was finding nearby

The shipping part was nice, but It was just disappointing that it seemed like some of the normal dealer 'tricks' were present.

Walter56

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If they were 2023 models - unless you are price protected those are way more desirable to me than a 2024.

The 2023s are less expensive (price increases for 24) and have more options (24s were de-contented).

But for the sake of comparison let's say 10 years from now that MY24 nets you $2,000 more than the MY23 but you initially paid $2,000 more for the MY24 (that is conservative based on price increases).

It is simple time value of money (TVM) that you've made a poor investment. Inflation alone (on average) makes that $2k realized in 10 years only worth about 80% of what it is worth today.

Plus you could take that $2k you saved with a MY23 and shove it in a high-yield savings account (4.5%) for the next decade and it would be worth $3k+, at least outpacing the negative impact of inflation on your money. Or just invest in the S&P and grow it at 9-10% for that same time period.
Or take the $2k and buy budweiser

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

EVERY vehicle is built as cheaply as possible to meet the intended purpose. An extra or upgraded transmission cooler would help ALL vehicles but as that's an extra expense not needed for them all, it's an option. Imagine it costs an extra $100 for the manufacturer- across 10000 vehicles that's $1,000,000 expense...

The different differential would make the final gear ratio different- meaning the transmission would shift slightly different. Might be quieter at high speed in a lower gear? or other effects?...
Sponsored