Fletch_KC

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY24 Lariat (12/11 scheduled)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can’t see any disadvantage to doing that. Just remember, make sure if it is a dealer that requires a deposit that it is refundable. Unless you can afford to buy nine Mavericks lol.
LOL... Maybe I could go into the Maverick-flipping business.
Sponsored

tbradway

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prius maverick 88 jeep pickup
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
got a email from crossroads ford raleigh nc saying ordering begins tomorrow the 15th and they had 7 sales guys to take the orders . did i want to make a reservation. i would but all orders include a $500 paint protection they say comes on all vehicles. they have no control over that. funny
that leith ford in wendell can get then without it. hmmmmm!!! i will bet in wendell tomorow at 8:45

xlt cactus grey , hitch and full size tire $25k

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
got a email from crossroads ford raleigh nc saying ordering begins tomorrow the 15th and they had 7 sales guys to take the orders . did i want to make a reservation. i would but all orders include a $500 paint protection they say comes on all vehicles. they have no control over that. funny
that leith ford in wendell can get then without it. hmmmmm!!! i will bet in wendell tomorow at 8:45

xlt cactus grey , hitch and full size tire $25k
Bring some Krispy Kremes to your sales guy. He is in for a very long and busy day and weekend.

OP
OP
Pow_Hound

Pow_Hound

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sabrina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Dodge Dakota, 2010 BMW X5 35d, lots of motorc
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It was posted on FMCDealer on 9/13/2022, in the sales information - FMCDealer is a Ford website that dealers have access to and where we get communication from FMC. I work in the service dept at my dealer but watch for all Maverick related communications...
P.S. There is also another communication for the dealers about how to do the rollover for MY2022 orders that were not produced - if your dealer says they know nothing, tell them check on FMCDealer...
Thanks for the info and explanation on where it came from! Fingers crossed a whole bunch of us will be able to get our orders in, especially the folks who had 22's that got pushed to 23.... I feel for you, fingers crossed it's better this time around.

Goose839

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why do some dealers have communication from Ford and others (apparently) don't???

I emailed Ed Simpson at Chapman Philly this morning telling him about everything Tim detailed on Ordering tomorrow and this was his reply.

Hi Chris nothing official from Ford in my inbox yet. It should be tomorrow from the latest news and of course my 2022 orders are getting priority over the new ones. I am crossing my fingers the order guide and pricing arrives on time. It was delayed over an hour after the banks opened for the F-150. I will be reaching out to everyone in the order I received the original request.

Sponsored

Landric

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Landric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT AWD FX4 Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is there a disadvantage to submitting multiple orders through different dealerships?
There is no disadvantage to you at all.

There might be a disadvantage to the various dealers and/or other customers if you don't cancel unscheduled orders when the first one gets scheduled. Dealers are required to sell 80% of special orders to the customer who placed the order. If they don't, in theory, there are consequences from Ford. Other customers might miss out on being scheduled and/or end up paying huge markups on the trucks you ordered and didn't cancel.

I'm not telling you not to do it, I did if for 2022, but just keep the above in mind.

LumberJack36

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Mazda 3 Hatch
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just got off the phone with the ford dealer in PA. She informed me that they got word from Ford that orders won't be open till either the 19th or 21st or a little later.

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Crosstrek Spt ,23 SC AWD,02 Jeep 4x4, 17 Winbgo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Salesguy asked me to stop-by Friday morning. He states 22 orders will have priority with Ford into 23 MY...

Ford always makes things confusing for EVERYONE.
Not exactly....dealer discretion will establish Priority codes and that can be used for 22 and 23 with no difference. In other words there is no line of old before new ....and everyone gets bundled togther with the dealer setting the priority..

Sponsored

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Morning of the 15th (any time zone)? No.

Afternoon/evening of the 15th (Pacific Time)? Maybe.

Evening Pacific Time/wee hours of the night into the 16th? Probably.
I think the order guides should appear in the morning so dealers should be able to put orders together, they just won't be able to submit them until later in the afternoon. They are probably just asking people to come in and fill out an order sheet and then they will upload it later. I agree its probably best to wait until Friday morning when everything will be up and running....theoretically.

gbdoom

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Outback Limited XT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dealer called today and said orders should be open tomorrow. I can't make it later in the day, so I'm dropping off my license and info that morning to the dealer and they are going to call me once the orders open to get one in.

Jatrax

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 VW ID.4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why do some dealers have communication from Ford and others (apparently) don't???

I emailed Ed Simpson at Chapman Philly this morning telling him about everything Tim detailed on Ordering tomorrow and this was his reply.

Hi Chris nothing official from Ford in my inbox yet. It should be tomorrow from the latest news and of course my 2022 orders are getting priority over the new ones. I am crossing my fingers the order guide and pricing arrives on time. It was delayed over an hour after the banks opened for the F-150. I will be reaching out to everyone in the order I received the original request.
All dealers get the same information. But who gets it at the dealership and what they do with it varies. Do they even check their email? Who knows. Does it go to the email address of the manager that left 4 years ago? Who knows. Does the dealership live in their own little world that doesn't care to know anything from outside? Who knows.

Bottom line: the info is available to all dealers. Whether they care is another story. Most (many ?) just seem to make things up on the spot when pressed. Hence all the posts here where the dealer said (some particular date) that is clearly not true.

PlantMan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-250 4WD crew 8' bed; 2022 Maverick XL AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Who will be the first dealer to charge a special nonrefundable extra fee for totally new orders to go in at priority 10 and line-jump? I wonder how much they'll get. Sort of like market-rate adjustment at purchase time, only up front.
Sponsored