First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Transit Connect
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
September 16, 2022: Placed Order 2023 Lariat, Shadow Black, AWD, 2.0 EcoBoost, 4K Tow, Luxury Package, Tie Down locking Rails, Splash Guards, Full Size Spare, Spray-in Bedliner, Co-Pilot 360 Ford Co-Pilot 360 Assist Package.
Dealer was right on top of details and changes of model year 2023 vs. 2022 features and options.

Note: In April 2022 we tried to buy a well-equipped 2022 XLT that was on the showroom floor. Dealer was asking 5K over MSRP. There were people 3 deep trying to make a deal on that truck...it was a Zoo! There was even a phone bidder trying to get in on that deal. We could not justify that type of purchase, but we were able to put down a small deposit and wrote up a sales order with stipulation in writing that when the 2023 order book opened, we could order a 2023 at MSRP.
Dealer called on 9/15 and said the 2023 prices are on computer, but system would not take an order. Called 9/16/22 and said "I'm in!" We went that afternoon and placed the order!

Note: We own a 2020 Edge with lots of great upgrades and tech including Co-Pilot 360 with the enhancements... a high-end radio and luxury features like heated seats, etc.... we got use to the safety bells and whistles and talked about how the new Maverick would be filling the role of a little less work and more Play & Road Trip vehicle. Long story short...we upped for the Lariat to get the leather, better radio, heated seats, Co-pilot 360 & assist package.
Sponsored

FloridaWayne

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, ranger, Toyota Highlander hybrid
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was told by the dealer the seats are not leather. It doesn't say leather anywhere I could find. I had thought they were leather also. I hope the manager is wrong but you may want to ask if that is what you are expecting. I even asked about the lariat getting the black appearance package. I wanted to know if I could get it with the tan leather seats that come in the Lariat already but get the exterior changes that come with the black. I was told it would come with the black seats. I did not get the black package. Those tan seats look to good to loose. I sure hope that they end up leather.