First Name
Layne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Pilot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I share that concern. I can envision that getting fouled up.
RIGHT?! Like, I get that the expectation is that cars with VINs are getting built. But Ford has screwed up just about every other part of this process, and I don't trust them to get this part right.
Sponsored

Baily2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Although unethical, what prevents someone with a verified 22 reorder, reordering with there original dealership AND then going to another dealership and attempting to “get ahead of the line” with there 22 order information that was just used at the original dealership. It appears that the offer$ is not part of ordering process but comes into play during the actual sale. Does Ford have an internal mechanism to prevent that from happening ?

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Engine
Undecided
He said he estimated its about up to 300 new orders now. One thing that I am considering though is he said any 22 MYs that want to move over to LM, he will place the priority at 11 so we will be behind any remaining LM orders but ahead of all the new orders which I like. If Chapman doesn't clarify quickly, I may end up doing that. My local dealer doesn't have a dealer fee, but I also can't check with him weekly and isn't nearly as transparent as Tim.
You need to watch his video from last night. He said he was "considering" taking transfers and putting them in queue between his rollovers and the new ones. But later in Q&A he backed off the Priority 11 since that may not be fair to his pre-order customers. He will still take transfers but unsure what priority. Could be the same, higher or lower as his pre-orders (over 250 now). This is a touchy situation. He needs to figure out how to ensure they are a transfer and not just making it up to cut in line. What if they claim transfer status with him and their original dealer? Not really fair in my mind.

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

You need to watch his video from last night. He said he was "considering" taking transfers and putting them in queue between his rollovers and the new ones. But later in Q&A he backed off the Priority 11 since that may not be fair to his pre-order customers. He will still take transfers but unsure what priority. Could be the same, higher or lower as his pre-orders (over 250 now). This is a touchy situation. He needs to figure out how to ensure they are a transfer and not just making it up to cut in line. What if they claim transfer status with him and their original dealer? Not really fair in my mind.
Ahh yeah I didnt stay for the whole Q&A. It wouldn't be hard to show they are a transfer as people could just provide a copy of their original order. It should show in the system somehow also if Ford is saying it is tied to the person.

OP
OP
fordvideoguy

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
Tim, Do you know if we would still be able to get the financing rates through Ford Credit from when we ordered the 22? The private offer wouldn’t mean anything if we are paying for higher rates for a 23. Thanks
No you will not. No way for them to hold that.

Sponsored

Landric

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Landric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT AWD FX4 Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
FWIW, all told Long McArthur had something in the neighborhood of 500 Maverick orders for 2022 and managed to deliver about 400 of them. They are, IMO, still a good bet despite having several hundred pre-orders. One could still get built as a 2023 due to their good sales history with the Maverick and in general.

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I called them today and they are pretty cool about it. They understand it could be a very long time before they get an allocation. And wished me the best. They also said they would drop ship my new one if needed. Now, Am I confident Ford will get me the rebate No!
That is good news. There was a message in the communication from Ford that the dealership can contact somebody @ Ford if there was a customer who should get the rebate, but it doesn't show up. They will obviously check into things for the 22 order and COVP....but I do think Ford will make it right if the rebate doesn't show up automatically.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ahh yeah I didnt stay for the whole Q&A. It wouldn't be hard to show they are a transfer as people could just provide a copy of their original order. It should show in the system somehow also if Ford is saying it is tied to the person.
I was having the same thoughts as you.. move the Horsham order to Tim. But then when I’m the QA he seemed to change his mind, so did I.

By now Horsham should be able to clarify but of course they are silent.

waitingonford

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No you will not. No way for them to hold that.
Jeez. Thanks Tim. That’s disappointing.

That new higher rate will cost us rollover people $2-3k more over the entire term. Way to punish your customers for your lack of planning @Ford Motor Company.

Guess I’m getting a different car and flipping my Maverick for a profit when I finally get it. No point in waiting to pay more.

Last edited:

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Look, there's no way to prevent people from gaming the system, and it's hard to blame someone who has been waiting 18 months for a Maverick for trying. Tim can request to see an order sheet from your 22 order, but there's really no way for him to verify whether you also placed a 23 order with your existing dealer.

For that matter, anyone rolled over from 22 to 23 can keep an order at the original dealer and place a new order at 5 or 10 other dealers. OK, I'm exaggerating, but seriously, Ford doesn't have any obstacles set up against doing that. And if you really, really want a Maverick, I am sure there are many people who will place multiple orders.

I am just glad I was able to get scheduled for my 22 order and look forward to not having to play this never-ending game of "Who's Getting a Maverick?"

Sponsored

AngloSoup

First Name
Anglo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old Beater
How so? If it were $22,745 it's still cheaper than the cheapest Hyundai Santa Cruz available (which is not a hybrid). It's still cheaper than almost any other hybrid vehicle available anywhere. A Toyota Corolla Hybrid starts at $24,000, Hyundai Elantra Hybrid $24,400. The Maverick Hybrid is a truck - larger and more useful than both of these.

I'd still buy it again at $25-26k, no questions.

Everyone's got their list of pros and cons. For me the price was the deciding factor over a Honda Civic or Toyota with a manual transmission and a roof rack. (Kayaker, easier to carry a 14' kayak on a car than a truck).

If price goes up $2750... I'm going to reevaluating are the cons of the Maverick worth not going with the Toyota or Honda... I was already torn before a price incrwase... don't wanna give up my manual..

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I was having the same thoughts as you.. move the Horsham order to Tim. But then when I’m the QA he seemed to change his mind, so did I.

By now Horsham should be able to clarify but of course they are silent.
Yeah, I an hoping we hear from them tomorrow but not counting on it. I'll probably just review the Order Guide and make my decision. If I recall, the order guide says nothing about pricing though so I will still have to wait for them to tell me what it would be.

HybridNiroGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think I answered this somewhere yesterday....
The rebate amounts are based on the 22MY Maverick ordered (gas or hybrid). They can be used on a 23 gas or hybrid Maverick.... You don't have the keep the same engine to get the rebate.
These transition rebates cannot be used for Tremor. That's the only exclusion.

Note, hybrids will be more restricted in 23 than in 22. So keep that in mind.

Tell your dealership to look up EFC10883 nd "2023MY Maverick Order Bank Open Details" on FMCDealer homepage.
This is leaving me very conflicted, I ordered at EB with the Granger deal but think I might want to switch over to a hybrid now that they're available to order again. But will they really? And what will the cost be? Looking forward to details coming out on costs tomorrow!

PA-Homesteader

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

So how does financing work?

I plan on putting around 20-25% down and finance the rest. Just tell the dealer and have them lock in the rate?
If so, do I apply for Ford credit now or at the pickup time?

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So how does financing work?

I plan on putting around 20-25% down and finance the rest. Just tell the dealer and have them lock in the rate?
If so, do I apply for Ford credit now or at the pickup time?
"Locking in the rate" will only work if there are special "subvened" rates from Ford Credit. Standard rates from Ford Credit are not protected. I don't think that any/many banks will lock in rates this far out.
We don't know yet what rates are offered for 23 Maverick.

Apply for credit @ time of sale.
Sponsored