First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here's a question, would you be willing to give up the rear under seat storage spots if it meant increasing the size of the hybrid battery?
Sponsored

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Listen you young whipper snapper, us old timers still have some fantastic CD collections we don’t want going to waste! 🤣
Speaking of that, have any of you oldies figured out how to possibly add/tie-in a CD player to the existing system?
A possibility? (Because has an aux in port.)

Plug-in FM transmitter.

MaineMav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150
85% of Americans own smartphones...nearly evenly split between iOS and Android....as long as they have Car Play, Navigation is only needed by 15% of Americans. My wife's factory nav (2016 Mazda 6) is no longer updatable and is useless.

As far as Sirius XM goes...you can get that on your mobile device as well...but the music sound quality is awful now. Sirius XM has limited bandwidth and with all the channels, music and news sound a step above AM radio so that Howard Stern comes over in HD...truly sad.

The music quality on android and apple music are amazing these days...if you don't have a streaming phone plan...the upgrade is cheaper than a Sirius XM subscription and a nav system.

Fog/Driving lights are a must...just looks like they were forgotten.
Sirius/XM sound quality has always been awful. I was an early adopter and still used it up until a few years ago when I started using Android Auto with spotify and I never knew how absolutely terrible the satellite radio quality was until then. I'll never go back.

Bird2112

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota, Mazda, Mini (GOODBYE MINI!)
Sirius/XM sound quality has always been awful. I was an early adopter and still used it up until a few years ago when I started using Android Auto with spotify and I never knew how absolutely terrible the satellite radio quality was until then. I'll never go back.
I dumped XM after the merger. XM had outstanding sound quality. My Mini Cooper s came with a lifetime subscription...it's truly awful.

Sponsored

fastducky

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata and Titan
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Because I feel I don't need it and I am perfectly happy with blind spot mirrors. Nor do I prefer to rely on my vehicle for things like that.
Again it's my personal preference. One of the cars I own and drive doesn't have ABS or anything if that puts things into perspective.
I agree with you 100%. My 20 year old Miata does not have abs or any of the safety nannies. Gasp...it needs a key to open the door....lol . No key fob. I like simple vehicles.

TorqueWrenchUSA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03' VDC Outback wagon, 97' zoom zoom Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I agree with you 100%. My 20 year old Miata does not have abs or any of the safety nannies. Gasp...it needs a key to open the door....lol . No key fob. I like simple vehicles.
Lol oddly enough, the car I'm referring to is my 97' Miata. Although my 03' outback is in the same boat. Only thing it has is ABS and their VDC system. No cameras, adaptive cruise, or anything.

oldfatguy

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997ranger 2006 fusion 2001 bmw330ci 2004.5w3500
xm and nav might as well add a cassette deck while were at it and in 63

Tundra2Maverick(?)

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid Lariat Base Grp 500A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Whoa stop the video. Pull out rear storage. Bad idea. It’s small enough now, mechanisms would take up space. The worst idea is a pop up asking if I want last drive mode. I don’t want to answer questions before I drive. The infotainment system glitches slow you down already if you want music. Back to video.
I think the 60/40 rear seat split would solve all of the access problems. Car seats are common, and required by law, and there is currently NO way to access the under seat storage with just one car seat correctly attached.

I agree 100% about questions to start driving. I want to get in and go. Why can't the Driving Mode have a driver option in the setup screens where the driver chooses either: 1. holds last setting, or 2. reverts back to normal.

Tundra2Maverick(?)

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would want the cruise control,fog lights , and to get rid of that cubby
How could Tim forget the empty hole video screen cubby? For God's sake, just expand the screen to fill the dash.

Sponsored

Tundra2Maverick(?)

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had time stamps, so you could have skipped my introduction.
You cannot please everyone, Tim. Keep doing what you are doing. Many of us appreciate you.

Woodjoints

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vanagon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't know if anyone mentioned it yet (I didn't read the whole thread), but seeing how many immediately lift their truck and add all terrain tires, why wouldn't the factory have a fine tuned option for this? I'm guessing half the owners would choose it. Just don't make it a $70,000 option like the F150 Raptor.

stevhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Good news! Ford has incorporated all of your feedback and ideas into the Maverick's design for next year. Introducing the 2023 Ford Maverick! MSRP $180,000 ($185,000 with full center screen).
18n1qy7j7aqa1jpg-4274085584.jpeg
Does this have the multi-fuel option as well: fully electric, hybrid, diesel, gasoline, hydrogen and rocket fuel?
I certainly hope every conceivable colour option is available as well.
And can they try to get it closer to the $20000 that was promoted? I might be willing to go as high as $22000.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here's a question, would you be willing to give up the rear under seat storage spots if it meant increasing the size of the hybrid battery?
I would absolutely do that for a 50 mile PHEV, but not a HEV. Can I have AWD & 4K too? 🥳
Sponsored