Sponsored

Rob in NY

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Didn't even know about this FITS Tether System until now...

https://thenewswheel.com/2022-ford-maverick-fits-tether-system/

2022 Ford Maverick Gets Standard FITS Tether System

Ford Maverick 2022 Maverick Gets Standard "FITS" Tether System - With Accessories From Ford or 3D Print Yourself 2022 Maverick FITS Tether System Accessories 1

Ford has already touted the flexibility and customization of the all-new Maverick with its Flexbed. But there’s plenty more versatility inside the truck, too. In fact, there’s enough to give you FITS. FITS, of course, standing for the standard Ford Integrated Tether System.

Every 2022 Ford Maverick will have eight FITS slots throughout the cabin. That includes one mounted to the back of the center console and seven more in the standard under-seat storage space. You’ll be able to leverage these spaces with accessories available as part of a package or by 3D printing your own.

“We created DIY hacks for the interior space using the FITS Slots,” said Scott Anderson, Maverick interior design manager. “It’s a very simple plug and play slot that allows you to put different accessories in the interior, whether they be 3D printed or manufactured.”

Ford provides a few examples of 3D printed accessories compatible with the Maverick’s FITS spots. Like a french fry holder. Like, an accessory printed specifically for holding fries. Why? Well, beyond your kids really, really, really liking fries, because the only limit is your imagination.

Other somewhat more practical examples include a case for sunglasses and a tablet holder. Not quite as imaginative as a dedicated french fry holder, but then again, what is? Maybe an organizer for your Oreo Thins?

Maverick available with accessory package this fall

If you’d rather not mess with 3D printing, Ford has you covered. When the 2022 Maverick arrives this fall, it’ll be available with an accessory package that includes five accessories for FITS. That includes a phone cord organizer in the shape of the Blue Oval logo, cup holders, grocery bag hooks, dividers for the under-seat storage area, and a trash bin. But not, like, a bucket for chicken wings? Ford, are you even trying?

The 2022 Ford Maverick launches in the fall with FITS included, and it’s sounding like it’s going to be a hit. Ford says that reservations for the sub-$20,000 truck already number past 80,000. Will the compact truck be a success? If the shoe FITS!

Ford Maverick 2022 Maverick Gets Standard "FITS" Tether System - With Accessories From Ford or 3D Print Yourself 2022 Maverick FITS Tether System Accessories 1

Ford Maverick 2022 Maverick Gets Standard "FITS" Tether System - With Accessories From Ford or 3D Print Yourself 2022 Maverick FITS Tether System Accessories 2

Ford Maverick 2022 Maverick Gets Standard "FITS" Tether System - With Accessories From Ford or 3D Print Yourself 2022 Maverick FITS Tether System Accessories 3

Ford Maverick 2022 Maverick Gets Standard "FITS" Tether System - With Accessories From Ford or 3D Print Yourself 2022 Maverick FITS Tether System Accessories 4

Ford Maverick 2022 Maverick Gets Standard "FITS" Tether System - With Accessories From Ford or 3D Print Yourself 2022 Maverick FITS Tether System Accessories 5

Ford Maverick 2022 Maverick Gets Standard "FITS" Tether System - With Accessories From Ford or 3D Print Yourself Screen Shot 2021-08-03 at 8.12.27 PM
Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd imagine there's going to be a lot of people and companies offering to make 3D items for Maverick people!!

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Tremor, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I've got a 3D printer and I've made a couple of things for my Miata. I'm looking forward to seeing what's available to print.

SHBGuerrilla

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, Cyber Orange 2.0
I figure realistically if you've got the time and energy you could probably make your own accessories the old fashioned way with wood or metal. Stain or paint it to your desire.

I agree about the apparent finish on the accessory package. Seems a little tacky. Id use it if it came free, but I probably wouldn't pay a dime for it either.

Sponsored

OCasey

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav XLT Cactus Gray
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I love the concept, I think there are many creatives that will come up with things I can't even image. But good grief, could they use some better examples? These look like they were printed on a 15 year old printer using string trimmer line! The quality of home printing on even a cheap machine far surpasses that now.

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Tremor, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

So right OCasey, there are many creative people out there that come up with some really clever designs. I put an aftermarket grille on my Miata which had the vendors name on it down in the corner. Luckily it was just a vinyl stick on label which I peeled off. I printed a small Mazda logo on my printer to replace it, much better. The 2020 Mazda's switched to a different designed keyfob, everyone universally hates it because it has a larger footprint then the previous version. One of the guys designed a newer smaller case which you could transfer the guts of your keyfob too. Clever and useful.

keebs159

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Nissan Frontier
A while back there was a craze for 3d printed Chick-fil-A sauce holders. A bunch of my friend asked me to print them for their cars. Glad to see that kinda of innovation is being supported by the OEM in a more effective manner.

Sponsored

Fred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
chick-fill-a sauce holders? Well, that is a first world problem if I ever heard one.
Ford can save a dollar on installing more cup holders, while touting the “flexibility” and “customizable“ attributes of their design... IMO it was just a cost savings, and I don’t fault them for it.

I would guess manufacturers from expensive weathertech to some cheapo chinese companies will be making cup holders, and the like for the Ford slots. They will be able to mass produce this stuff once they figure out the market.

Jukebox Nero

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Maverick Lariat Alto Blue FX4 4k 2.0 EB
I still like the pet bowl idea someone had on another thread. Though I don't think I particularly care for FITS, it does have some possibilities.

Bbot

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL
I love the concept, I think there are many creatives that will come up with things I can't even image. But good grief, could they use some better examples? These look like they were printed on a 15 year old printer using string trimmer line! The quality of home printing on even a cheap machine far surpasses that now.
Let’s see three d printer $1000, injection material $100 if available,
my time ? Sure sounds like I saved a bunch, I,ll check Amazon or the next door neighbo,s 13 year old!

spyderman01

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Every time I see this, I wonder why is there only 1 slot in the cabin but 7 under the rear seat?

Why didn't they make a slot near the dash...build a phone holder or cord organizer there? Why not one near the door, could build a tissue holder, another on the dash to build a coin slot, etc.... Multiples in the rear seat area for those passengers, one for a tablet stand or use for a writing surface? OK, I don't really want any of those, but maybe someone else does? Instead we'll have one slot for more cupholders and 7 under the seat?

flashfearless

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav Lariat Hybrid,2014 Ford Edge Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The only ideas that I have for these things aren't presentable in a public forum
Sponsored