Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

2dr T-Tops MT would be sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Expand the Maverick family make a roadster/truck as a low volume flagship. Most of the engineering is there , just alot of cut and snip and recertify. Sell it above the Lariat starting at 38K and give options to 50k, It will sell enough to break even and have a bragging rights flagship. Ohh yeah and give it a 350hp 2.3 or the MachE Gt setup.
And while we are at it we can yell into the wind about:

Manual Transmissions
Affordable 2 seat sports cars
T-Tops
Roll-down windows
Landau Roofs
Bias ply tires

The market has moved on. The reason they stopped building 2 door compact trucks was because there wasn’t a market demand. The truck you would want would make up less than 1% of the market. Why would a company invest tens or hundreds of millions of dollars to design and certify a vehicle where they will never recover their investment. That’s how dumb companies go out of business.

The only reason we are seeing compact trucks is because they are the future electric trucks. Small vehicles require small battery packs. It’s that simple. My guess is if you don’t like a comfortable small truck, you’ll really hate an electric one.

Ford Maverick Ordering Stats.png
Sponsored

Last edited:

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
And, I want to be able to sleep in the bed. The 6 footer would work nicely for that.
wait, you want to use the bed, as your Bed? 🛌

NDL

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Short and sweet, the title says it all. We NEED this truck. Everything else is just details. Build a Maverick that can be used as a daily driver for commuting to work but that can also haul a sofa on the weekend. If I wanted 4 doors and seating for 5, I'd buy a car. If I wanted a 3 foot bed bolted to the back of a minivan, I'd buy a Ranger. Bring back a genuine mini truck and the country will throw money at you in piles.

(Yes, this has all been covered elsewhere. No, I don't need a 9-paragraph screed about why it won't happen, I understand how manufacturing works. This is here simply as a statement to the Ford people who obviously started this forum to snoop on the buzz about their not-yet-existing vehicle. That is all.)
I *love* the idea.

While I am partial to Ford trucks, I don't like some of the quality related issues that I have seen as of late, so I am holding off for now.

But a standard cab hybrid Maverick would garner my money asap: the Ranger is too big - especially in urban environments - and it's a little thirsty. A hybrid Maverick, on the other hand, would fit all of my needs, with a more manageable size. Plus hybrids are thrifty.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
IIRC both GM and Stellantis are introducing vehicles like you describe. Why would Ford bother retooling just to compete in a race to the bottom?

Sponsored

Ron Neal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would buy one tomorrow but afraid we are in the minority and Ford isnt going to build something they can't sell in quantity.

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You were all short of 9 paragraphs, but you still hit the bullet points. What are you basing the "1%" on? All the 2-door, standard cab, 6-foot bed trucks on the market today that sell 1 in 100? Name one. And the Ranger is a clown truck. It's for low-rent schlubs who can't afford an F-series minivan with a 3 foot bed. And obviously the sofa was a simple statement on bed size. I don't figure to be hauling much short furniture 52 weekends a year. But you knew that. Modern "trucks" don't haul anything. Be honest, when was the last time you saw one of them haul anything bigger than a Rubbermaid tote filled with the wife's beanie babies collection? You buy a new "truck" because you don't want to admit you tucked your testes by buying a Chevy Blazer and packing it with junior's soccer gear. The "bed" serves no purpose other than subduing your cognitive dissonance. A truck was always meant to be utilitarian. Now, it's the status equivalent of a middle-aged man with hair plugs on a Harley; a way to signal that you still do "man" stuff by hauling a family of 5 and the kids' bicyles with the tailgate down because it won't close with all 3 of them in the bed. Sure, societal changes have driven the direction in the market. But there are still hordes of us out here who want a modern version of the Nissan Hardbody we can use as a daily and for light hauling. Don't make it seem like this scaled-down abomination is anything more than a smaller version of the things I described above. Just tuck it and buy a unibody hatchback already.
Doesn't sounds like you want a Maverick, nor would it meet your needs. Why are you here?

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

And while we are at it we can yell into the wind about:

Manual Transmissions
Affordable 2 seat sports cars
T-Tops
Roll-down windows
Landau Roofs
Bias ply tires

The market has moved on. The reason they stopped building 2 door compact trucks was because there wasn’t a market demand. The truck you would want would make up less than 1% of the market. Why would a company invest tens or hundreds of millions of dollars to design and certify a vehicle where they will never recover their investment. That’s how dumb companies go out of business.

The only reason we are seeing compact trucks is because they are the future electric trucks. Small vehicles require small battery packs. It’s that simple. My guess is if you don’t like a comfortable small truck, you’ll really hate an electric one.

Ford Maverick Ordering Stats.png
I'd buy a RC Maverick if it was available. I only need two seats. I did the rear seat delete on my Mustang, It's not a Taxi.
Ford Maverick 2-Door, Standard Cab, 6-Foot Bed s5504

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If you don’t believe that the market doesn’t exist, do some quick research on Wikipedia nad Google and then some simple math. For example:

In 2010 1,632,530 trucks (of all makes and models) were delivered in the United States
In 2010 Ford Delivered 528,349 F-150's
In that same year Ford delivered 55,364 Ranger Pickups
Of all Rangers Delivered in 2010, just under 6,000 were delivered with 2 doors and 6 foot bed (111.6 inch wheelbase).

So that's 0.37% of all truck sales
The Ranger itself made up just 9.4% of of all Ford Pick-up Truck sales
The 2 door Ranger was 1.03 % of all Ford truck sales
The 2 door ranger was about 11% of all Ranger sales.

And the market has moved towards 4-door trucks since that time.

No company with share holders is going to ramp-up to sell 5,000 units per year. Heck Ford abandoned the sedan market because they could "only" deliver 500,000 (300k Fusion & 200k Focus) units per year.
Seems you forgot about all the Regular cab F150's, 250's, and 350's, where regular cabs are more common. Maverick Regular cab would be a higher take rate than the Ranger too, because of the high city MPG on the Hybrid. Companies like Orkin, home inspectors and auto parts stores would buy a lot of them.

Last edited:
Sponsored

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The market exists but people that buy single cab long beds don’t add high profit “features” like they do on cc trucks so margins are thin to non existent.

have you ever looked at who is buying single cab LB F series? They are rarely the King Ranch, Harley Davidson Platinum type.
That's because Ford Doesn't offer trims above an XLT in a Regular cab. They haven't offered high trims in a Regular cab in at least 15 years! Many people will drop $10,000 adding those premium features to their Regular cab trucks because Ford won't. Very common in the custom truck world, especially on F150's with 5.0's that have added superchargers also. I never leave anything stock. 90% of the time I prefer a regular cab in a truck. I'm only buying a Maverick with a back seat because it isn't offered without a backseat.

wax87

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Avalon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Short and sweet, the title says it all. We NEED this truck. Everything else is just details. Build a Maverick that can be used as a daily driver for commuting to work but that can also haul a sofa on the weekend. If I wanted 4 doors and seating for 5, I'd buy a car. If I wanted a 3 foot bed bolted to the back of a minivan, I'd buy a Ranger. Bring back a genuine mini truck and the country will throw money at you in piles.

(Yes, this has all been covered elsewhere. No, I don't need a 9-paragraph screed about why it won't happen, I understand how manufacturing works. This is here simply as a statement to the Ford people who obviously started this forum to snoop on the buzz about their not-yet-existing vehicle. That is all.)
get out your torch and welder and make your own. :eek:)

Z_ealot

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan 370Z, Honda Civic, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Doesn't sounds like you want a Maverick, nor would it meet your needs. Why are you here?
Looks more like a troll post than anything else to me, plenty of threads already discussed this topic in more meaningful ways. That last post was just the thing to prove this was more just to compensate for his masculinity in a less than meaningful way while all the rest of us couldn’t give two shits about owning a vehicle that in some way is supposed to confirm that we’re men For some reason

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I hope we someone on the mini truck scene cut one up some day. Its not unreasonable. Here the Dirt Every Day folks cut a brand new Bronco up. Yeah its body on frame but thats not a big deal. Lots of people have chopped and built unibody vehicles over the years. I think adding some extra subframe connecting material front to rear and maybe a sport bar that connects the new b pillar to the bedfloor or side. We know from the builders guide that the bed can come off so Its just a matter of bracing things properly for the rear cab removal. Then zip the rear window frame back on and find extra bedside panels to mount on a reinforced from beside inner frame.
Sponsored