2 Door Maverick ?

cj11363

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Vibe, Fiesta, RAM 1500, Sprinter based RV
Only the passage of time tells the truth about need.
When my son was about 7 or 8 he said to me "you don't need whatever-I was-talking-about-at-the-time. That's just something you want. All we need is shelter, food & clothing." Don't remember what I was talking about at the time, but I do remember the lesson he taught me about want vs need .

I want a small pickup that I can tow 4 down, behind our 25' motor-home, to replace the 06 Pontiac Vibe that would be my daily driver, if I drove daily. Can't remember the last time there were more than 2 people in that car. Usually it's just me and my wife's dog.

I might buy a 4WD Ranger instead. The Maverick is on my radar because it's a bit smaller, lighter and considerably less expensive than the ranger ( have to get the Ranger in 4WD in order to be able to tow it 4 down ). If I buy the Maverick, I'll probably keep my 07 RAM 1500 mega-cab. If I buy the Ranger, I'll sell the Dodge.

Only the passage of time will tell how this shakes out for me :)
Sponsored

cj11363

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Vibe, Fiesta, RAM 1500, Sprinter based RV
I think crew cab trucks are dumb to begin with ...
Maybe dumb relative to what you want, maybe not so dumb for someone who wants to transport a framing crew and their tools to/from job-sites ( to name just one use case )... and I'm definitely not saying that a Maverick is a good candidate for that use case.

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Id buy a 2 door one over a 4 door any day of the week. When I buy a Mav Im already brainstorming how i can rip out all the rear seat crap and build a storage platform.

I think crew cab trucks are dumb to begin with (sacrificing bed space for rear seat space is ridiculously backwards to me). Im ripping out the rear seats right away just because they wont ever be used. Its a truck, i dont plan on moving people in it.
Uhhhh I got two kids. 4 foor is a must

MontanaEd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PHEV- Volt
Let's remember where this vehicle sits in Ford's line up. There is no small 4 door sedan below it. There is the EcoSport, but dealers have a hell of a time selling those. Plus the EcoSport is built in India, where Ford announced they will stop building vehicles. The Maverick is going to be the entry level vehicle for Ford. As such it has to appeal to the broadest segment of the population. Americans want 4 door SUVs and 4 door trucks. If Ford's entry level model gives the people what they want, it will sell well. Ask yourself when the last time you saw a late model pickup without four doors was. Plus it seems like I read somewhere that there was a regulatory reason for the size for the Maverick. I can't remember what that was. But hey, if you really want just two doors, Mazda still makes the Miata and with a saw and a welder you could have a sweet micro pickup.
Sponsored