Sponsored

2.0L AWD Tow Package MPG

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0 XLT AWD Tow Package
I have been driving my Maverick for 5 days and just finished my first tank of regular gas (Dealer supplied). I have averaged 29.2 mpg. Yes I do drive with a feather foot and I only occasionally put my foot in it to get out of harms way. Like any car, driving habbits do greatly effect mpg. I drive 80/20 freeway / side streets and I have little stop and go on the freeway which helps alot. I just refilled with 92 octane fuel for 40 cents more per gallon. I will see how this next tank goes with high octane.
Ford Maverick 2.0L AWD Tow Package MPG MPG Maverick
Sponsored

altomav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, '71 GMC
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Over 4300 miles and overall getting 27.4 mpg. Hwy driving I was getting 30.1 mpg with the Ecoboost. I also have to add that I am heavy on the pedal. Hwy speeds normally 65-75 and then some when I needed the boost.

Ford Maverick 2.0L AWD Tow Package MPG Mileage

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Over 4300 miles and overall getting 27.4 mpg. Hwy driving I was getting 30.1 mpg with the Ecoboost. I also have to add that I am heavy on the pedal. Hwy speeds normally 65-75 and then some when I needed the boost.

Mileage.jpg
That is pretty much where I'm at in the dash gauge at 4400 miles. Calculated, as per my fuelly link, is 26.3. very happy with this truck, and I'm not babying it either!

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That is pretty much where I'm at in the dash gauge at 4400 miles. Calculated, as per my fuelly link, is 26.3. very happy with this truck, and I'm not babying it either!
What octane ?

Sponsored

Mavericksport

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have been driving my Maverick for 5 days and just finished my first tank of regular gas (Dealer supplied). I have averaged 29.2 mpg. Yes I do drive with a feather foot and I only occasionally put my foot in it to get out of harms way. Like any car, driving habbits do greatly effect mpg. I drive 80/20 freeway / side streets and I have little stop and go on the freeway which helps alot. I just refilled with 92 octane fuel for 40 cents more per gallon. I will see how this next tank goes with high octane.
MPG Maverick.jpg
Very good. Question why are people putting high test gasoline in?? What do they recommend? 87? Just wondering? Thanks

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What octane ?
Around here in Minnesota Costco premium is priced within pennies if regular everywhere else, so 91 octane for me. Think it was back to 2.99 my last fill (switch to winter blend which is always cheaper seasonally).

SkeeterB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux, 4K, FX4, 360, Velocity Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Pretty happy with mileage. Only 300 miles and will check by calculation at next fillup.

OP
OP
Robert Wiltsey
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MPG Maverick.jpg
After 2100 miles, I have settled into 29.5 MPG - I use the Trip 1 from the time I took ownership and use the Trip 2 for each fill up. I work at a Ford dealership and I am asking customers to share real world MPG with me so I can post in the future. There is a nice steady stream coming in of Mavericks and they sell within a few days of arriving.

drmoreau

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Subaru Crosstrek, BMW Moto
MPG Maverick.jpg
Since 2002, I have driven 200,000+ miles in turbo charged Subarus that recommend 91+ octane. I never saw a difference in mileage between 87 octane and 91. I needed the high octane when the temperature was over 95F degrees, or maybe 90F if I was climbing a pass at speed in Nevada or New Mexico. Basically, at higher elevations the turbo is boosting more and hence there are higher inlet temperatures that can lead to pre-detination, and the Subaru defaults to 2psi boost. The cure in that situation is to pull over, shut off the engine, let the car cool, and restart, which resets the boost control. Hopefully you can find some shade and have a few brewskis in the cooler.

IMHO, its a waste of money to buy premium gas when the temperature is below 80F and or you are not towing or climbing big hills.

Sponsored

SkeeterB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux, 4K, FX4, 360, Velocity Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
28.4 on a trip to and through Big Bend Nat'l Park. A little over 30 on the way. Two days driving around in the park. Going home had a couple of hundred miles at 85mph. Mileage sucks at that speed - around 28 and change. All in all I am happy with the mileage. Would have been 35 or so in my MINI.

Ford Maverick 2.0L AWD Tow Package MPG PXL_20220129_203245077.MP

OP
OP
Robert Wiltsey
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Since 2002, I have driven 200,000+ miles in turbo charged Subarus that recommend 91+ octane. I never saw a difference in mileage between 87 octane and 91. I needed the high octane when the temperature was over 95F degrees, or maybe 90F if I was climbing a pass at speed in Nevada or New Mexico. Basically, at higher elevations the turbo is boosting more and hence there are higher inlet temperatures that can lead to pre-detination, and the Subaru defaults to 2psi boost. The cure in that situation is to pull over, shut off the engine, let the car cool, and restart, which resets the boost control. Hopefully you can find some shade and have a few brewskis in the cooler.

IMHO, its a waste of money to buy premium gas when the temperature is below 80F and or you are not towing or climbing big hills.
Fair enough. I am now at 29.8 mpg ave at 4,400 miles mixed driving 80/20 hwy street. I use Premium only as that is the recommendation by Ford.

DeanR

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback Tundra F250
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
3500 miles 87 mainly highway but some soft dirt roads as well which is why a I bought the awd 29.2

Stealth Raccoon

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Chevy S10
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Glad to see the MPG results, but I'm still floored when people are getting gas for less than $3/gal. Filled up my CRV yesterday and it was $4.79/gal with carwash discount!
Sponsored