Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is there a reasonable estimate as to when Ford will publish mpg ratings for the Ecoboost version? Are they legally obligated to publish this when they start selling Ecoboost Mavericks?
not that I've seen. A federal gov't agency does the testing and the results (estimates) are listed on the window sticker. Never heard of any legal obligation for manufacturers themselves to publish the numbers, but they certainly love to promote them when mileage is good :p Ford says they are targeting 40MPG for the hybrid, so I'd expect those numbers to be released/leaked 1st.
Sponsored

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
not that I've seen. A federal gov't agency does the testing and the results (estimates) are listed on the window sticker. Never heard of any legal obligation for manufacturers themselves to publish the numbers, but they certainly love to promote them when mileage is good :p Ford says they are targeting 40MPG for the hybrid, so I'd expect those numbers to be released/leaked 1st.
And if the mileage numbers or crash test ratings aren’t ready when the vehicles go on sale there is a disclaimer on the window sticker that the results are to be determined. Saw it all the time with just introduced Subarus.

mclumber1

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 STX
Absolutely. Bed cover on my Silverado adds 1-2 highway.

also keep in mind EPA STILL tests highway mpg AT 55mph!
which is a big reason why so many people complain about cars not meeting epa estimates.

Maverick at 55mph is 1500rpm
75mph is 1860rpm. Not a massive difference but enough to knock off 1mpg or so
To be fair, my F-150 with the 5.0 gets 22 to 23 on the highway at 70 mph. As long as I put it on cruise and not touch the throttle or brake, it does pretty well. This matches the EPA estimate for my truck, even though it's traveling at a higher speed. On the other hand, my in-town driving seems to be slightly worse than what the EPA estimates. https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/Find.do?action=sbs&id=41023

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
A lot depends on how you drive. My Fiesta ST gets 32 mpg when driven hard, and 40+ mpg when I'm playing the mileage game
Exactly - I can get 26-27 highway in my Ranger at reasonable speeds, but around town when I'm giving it regularly (it is fun to drive...the Maverick should be similar!), I'm around 22 overall - still not bad!

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
To be fair, my F-150 with the 5.0 gets 22 to 23 on the highway at 70 mph. As long as I put it on cruise and not touch the throttle or brake, it does pretty well. This matches the EPA estimate for my truck, even though it's traveling at a higher speed. On the other hand, my in-town driving seems to be slightly worse than what the EPA estimates. https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/Find.do?action=sbs&id=41023
I wish all cars had what my Honda Civic has. A light at the top of the dash that fade from white to green based on how green your driving is.
I thought I always did good until you see the lights white even when your accelerating way slower than traffic.
You really have to baby the throttle to get those lights to be green for the first 25-30mph.

even more true of a statement for bigger or turbo cars.

Sponsored

TaconyStark

First Name
Corpse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport DCLB
I wish all cars had what my Honda Civic has. A light at the top of the dash that fade from white to green based on how green your driving is.
I thought I always did good until you see the lights white even when your accelerating way slower than traffic.
You really have to baby the throttle to get those lights to be green for the first 25-30mph.

even more true of a statement for bigger or turbo cars.
Most do now. Had a great little 2017 Impreza hatch that had one that went from red to green but it was adaptive: It would only head into the green area if you were getting MORE than your current avg. MPG. Conversely, if your throttling had you below the current avg. MPG it went into the red. Really encouraged you to chronically improve your driving habits. I miss that car.

aberdeenmeadows

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat Spider 124 and Mazda 6
Here's my thought, Ford want a 500 mile range, if you take 500 and divide by fuel tank size you get the Combined MPG Hybrid has a 13.8 gallon tank, and the 2.0 Turbo has a 16.5 gallon tank. this puts the FWD 2.0 at 30 mpg combined. AWD will knock this down some.
I have been looking for the gas tank capacity - I was heading in the same direction with determining mpg vs gas tank capacity, but couldn't find any information or specs. Is the 16.5 gallon tank confirmed? If, indeed it actually is 16.5 gallons then this bit of news is very promising.

If Ford did keep the 13.8 gallon tank for the non-hybrid, then I would assume the range would be about 360 - 400 miles.

Hopefully, we will have some answers soon. I should be getting my Maverick in about three weeks. It's being manufactured next week and then will go out by rail from Mexico to Ohio.

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota
I have been looking for the gas tank capacity - I was heading in the same direction with determining mpg vs gas tank capacity, but couldn't find any information or specs. Is the 16.5 gallon tank confirmed? If, indeed it actually is 16.5 gallons then this bit of news is very promising.

If Ford did keep the 13.8 gallon tank for the non-hybrid, then I would assume the range would be about 360 - 400 miles.

Hopefully, we will have some answers soon. I should be getting my Maverick in about three weeks. It's being manufactured next week and then will go out by rail from Mexico to Ohio.
Per the Owner's Manual - "Capacities and Specifications" - Page 363 and 364:

Fuel Tank Capacity - Excluding: Hybrid Electric Vehicle (HEV) - 16.5 gal (62.5 L)
Fuel Tank Capacity - Hybrid Electric Vehicle (HEV) - 13.8 gal (52.2 L)

Reactions: bgn

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I should be getting my Maverick in about three weeks. It's being manufactured next week and then will go out by rail from Mexico to Ohio.
what part of Ohio are you in? You seem to have the first build date in Ohio.

Sponsored

OldSoulNewMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think you're being overly optimistic about the timeline. It's probably gonna be closer to 4 weeks for delivery. I can't believe it would come in 2 weeks.

starquestbd22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
This doesn’t compute. Production didn’t even begin until 08/16 and those are dealer stock units.

Rodeoman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0l Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Lots of talk about the hybrid (understandable), but what kind of MPG should we expect from the Ecoboost? I did search for the answer but struck out. I reserved an FX4 plus 4k tow package and I'm pretty excited!
I have 1300 miles on my 2.0, FX4, 4K tow and overall average 29.1mpg. I highway is much better, but daily driving consistently pulls me back to 29. My average speed for the 29mpg per the computer is 34 mph.

I fully expect 33 once the motor is Broken in, but once larger tires are added, that might not be the case.