First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 4K Tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Lots of talk about the hybrid (understandable), but what kind of MPG should we expect from the Ecoboost? I did search for the answer but struck out. I reserved an FX4 plus 4k tow package and I'm pretty excited!
Sponsored

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota
The 2.0EB w/ AWD will probably be around 21/26/23 (City/Highway/Combined).

zeketolliver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hyundai Tuscon NLine
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you Google "2.0l ecoboost mpg," the following is the top result:

21/32/25 MPG

The 2.0L EcoBoost® 4-cylinder engine produces 245 horsepower and 275 lb-ft of torque as it achieves an EPA-estimated 21/32/25 MPG city/highway/combined or 20/29/23 MPG city/highway/combined with AWD.

OP
OP
raul shabinguez

raul shabinguez

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 4K Tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks. I did google that, but those numbers were based on a Ford fusion. I know the engine is basically the same, but I didn't know how much the rest of the vehicle would affect mpg (Weight, aerodynamics, gearing, etc).

I'll probably keep my TDI for my daily driver.

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota
I used the Bronco Sport Badlands (2.0EB AWD) as starting point as it shares, what appears to be, similar aerodynamics.

Sponsored

J_Garn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe this isn't the place for this so please let me know if off-topic, but I'm quite green when it comes to engine knowledge. I'm definitely interested in the hybrid based on the economy, but my main interest in deciding which drive train would be ideal for me is performance. I like that in my current vehicle i'm able to pass cars/move through traffic fairly well. Can anyone offer insight into which set would be best to continue that? AWD, or should I stick with FWD? Does the hybrid electric offer any help from a red light?

zackmd1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang 429BB / 2019 Tesla Model 3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maybe this isn't the place for this so please let me know if off-topic, but I'm quite green when it comes to engine knowledge. I'm definitely interested in the hybrid based on the economy, but my main interest in deciding which drive train would be ideal for me is performance. I like that in my current vehicle i'm able to pass cars/move through traffic fairly well. Can anyone offer insight into which set would be best to continue that? AWD, or should I stick with FWD? Does the hybrid electric offer any help from a red light?
If you are looking for power then I would suggest the 2.0 AWD. It should feel pretty quick and have the passing power. The Hybrid would likely feel pretty powerful off the line but likely fall off pretty fast past 30mph or so.

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
Lots of talk about the hybrid (understandable), but what kind of MPG should we expect from the Ecoboost? I did search for the answer but struck out. I reserved an FX4 plus 4k tow package and I'm pretty excited!
2.0L FWD 22/27/25
2.0L AWD w/o max towing 20/26/24
2.0L AWD W/max towing 21/25/23
2.5L Hybrid FWD 40/30/36

2.5L Hybrid AWD 38/28/34 (next year)

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you know something I don't? I hadn't heard any intention to make an AWD Hybrid.
Ford never throws all their eggs in one basket at launch. You can bet they have other options under wraps for the 2023 models.
with the demand of awd hybrid and it’s already an option on escape. It definitely is coming soon

Sponsored

zackmd1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang 429BB / 2019 Tesla Model 3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford never throws all their eggs in one basket at launch. You can bet they have other options under wraps for the 2023 models.
with the demand of awd hybrid and it’s already an option on escape. It definitely is coming soon
I was always under the impression that the Escape hybrid was FWD only until I checked and sure enough, there is an AWD hybrid. Figured AWD wasn't coming until the PHEV.

eRock92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape SE
Engine
Undecided
2.0L FWD 22/27/25
2.0L AWD w/o max towing 20/26/24
2.0L AWD W/max towing 21/25/23
2.5L Hybrid FWD 40/30/36

2.5L Hybrid AWD 38/28/34 (next year)
Do you really think the non-max tow version will be that low? Isn't the Maverick's AWD mechanics different from the Bronco Sport's? I was thinking it would be like 21/28/25; between the Sport and the Escape in fuel economy. I can see the max towing being exactly like the Sport though.

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you really think the non-max tow version will be that low? Isn't the Maverick's AWD mechanics different from the Bronco Sport's? I was thinking it would be like 21/28/25; between the Sport and the Escape in fuel economy. I can see the max towing being exactly like the Sport though.
Though to say with that bed. I’m not sure how much of that will affect the milage. City might be better than what I guess. But I’m worried about highway milage.
for reference the Ridgeline drops 2mpg highway 1mpg city vs the Pilot Because of the weight and the bed

eRock92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape SE
Engine
Undecided
Though to say with that bed. I’m not sure how much of that will affect the milage. City might be better than what I guess. But I’m worried about highway milage.
for reference the Ridgeline drops 2mpg highway 1mpg city vs the Pilot Because of the weight and the bed
There's an interesting quote from this Ford Authority article:

“We had to optimize every element that speaks to fuel economy: aerodynamics, rolling resistance of the tires, frictional loss, inefficiencies you can have in drivetrains with rotating components,” Mazur said.

Remember, we are basing everything off of estimated numbers from Ford's statements and data from the Escape and Bronco Sport models. I'm hoping the 2.0L has close to the Escape's mpg numbers. I also hope the hybrid is more efficient than Ford predicted. It would be nice to know a tonneau helps with mpg's, too.