First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
First thing I did when I started driving my Tremor was to remove the right side rear head rest.😊(y) Some Mavericks don't have a locking fuel door so don't go looking for the emergency release. LOL. You listed some great tips for individuals that do not read their manual.
My Hybrid Fuel door does lock and has a switch beside the headlight switch to unlock the fuel door. What the manual is referring to is if the fuel door switch does not work there is a small plastic handle attached to the spare tire tools behind the rear seat that will allow the driver to use the plastic tool handle to open the fuel door manually by prying on the fuel door, without doing damage...See page 176 of Owners Manual. Several posts in this thread were totally wrong or misinformed.

I've written several technical manuals, and they are not always easy but the Maverick Manual is one of the worst Ilve ever seen since each manual covers "how to do" things that may not be included in your model of the Maverick....can be very confusing.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Grand Nat.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Stingray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

My Hybrid Fuel door does lock and has a switch beside the headlight switch to unlock the fuel door. What the manual is referring to is if the fuel door switch does not work there is a small plastic handle attached to the spare tire tools behind the rear seat that will allow the driver to use the plastic tool handle to open the fuel door manually by prying on the fuel door, without doing damage...See page 176 of Owners Manual. Several posts in this thread were totally wrong or misinformed.

I've written several technical manuals, and they are not always easy but the Maverick Manual is one of the worst Ilve ever seen since each manual covers "how to do" things that may not be included in your model of the Maverick....can be very confusing.
My words exactly when I started reading the owners manual my first thought was who wrote this? I am used to using service manuals in my work. My tremor has a manual fuel door so I wasn't too concerned with the whole issue. My 997 has its share of hidden pull chords such as rear lid front lid and fuel door. I don't believe that the Porsche owners manual mentions where they are. And of course it's for a good reason.

OP
OP

YazYaz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I have read your post 4 times and I don't understand what you mean. I guess there are different versions of the manual because there is nothing like what you write on page 176 of mine. I wish I could copy and paste the pictures from the manual, but I can't so for those interested, please refer to pictures on page 178.

Page 178

When using the manual override lever do the following:

1. Switch the ignition on.

Note: The manual override lever is in the driver side rear wheel well area.

2. Pull the manual override lever.

3. Switch the ignition off.

4. Complete the refueling process within 20 minutes.

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have read your post 4 times and I don't understand what you mean. I guess there are different versions of the manual because there is nothing like what you write on page 176 of mine. I wish I could copy and paste the pictures from the manual, but I can't so for those interested, please refer to pictures on page 178.

Page 178

When using the manual override lever do the following:

1. Switch the ignition on.

Note: The manual override lever is in the driver side rear wheel well area.

2. Pull the manual override lever.

3. Switch the ignition off.

4. Complete the refueling process within 20 minutes.
My Maverick Hybrid is a 2022 so manual may have changed…but should be close.

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My words exactly when I started reading the owners manual my first thought was who wrote this? I am used to using service manuals in my work. My tremor has a manual fuel door so I wasn't too concerned with the whole issue. My 997 has its share of hidden pull chords such as rear lid front lid and fuel door. I don't believe that the Porsche owners manual mentions where they are. And of course it's for a good reason.
You might enjoy this…P car factory tour.link below.

https://lewisandclark.smugmug.com/Hawaii/Other/Porsche-Factory-Tour/

Sponsored

Grand Nat.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Stingray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Old Ford Guy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Hybrid Lariat ; 2016 Linc Navigator
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Art Vandelay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How would you like to do this job. Water pump failure. LOL This was a tough one on the ground. This was my 996 Turbo. 😊
Yikes! That does not look like a fun job. Probably a good job to do on a rainy day.

Grand Nat.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Stingray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yikes! That does not look like a fun job. Probably a good job to do on a rainy day.
I was an automotive technician for the city of New York you know for the police Fire Highway that type of work so when it comes to these jobs I have to tackle them why pay someone else to do it when I have the skill to do it. Art Vandelay Ha LOL That's a good one. 😊

Anne in NC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Anne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Frontier; 2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I read in the manual you can tow right away but to limit speed to 70 mph,and also tried to store my hitch in the cubby and it was just a bit to long darn it!
Was that even with pulling out the lower part that goes below the truck bed? I don't have my truck yet, but saw the bottom extends below bed on youtube.

Sponsored

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I read in the manual you can tow right away but to limit speed to 70 mph,and also tried to store my hitch in the cubby and it was just a bit to long darn it!
My manual specifically says no towing first 1,000 miles. Just common sense not to put excessive load on the engine early.

Tim d

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My manual specifically says no towing first 1,000 miles. Just common sense not to put excessive load on the engine early.
You are correct,I re-read the manual.
Sponsored