First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
#10-Loose trim at the drivers window- it seems like its ready to fall off.
Can the dealer replace it? Maybe it was faulty or not installed correctly.

#8-Loose body trim- When I have gone off-road, the jarring of the truck loosens the plastic wrap-around trim at the rear passenger side. I can tap it back in place but it is annoyance.
How off road are you going? Dirt and some grass is all this thing should see. Is the trim secure correctly? Can the dealer confirm?

#7-Just OK Mileage- I thought I could get more of the 29 MPG mileage rather than the 25 MPG as I can be a hypermiler....but NOOOOOOOOO. I consistently get 25 MPG. Good thing is that I am still getting that 25 MPG with a lift and slightly larger tires
Ford made a hybrid for this issue.

#5-Wind noise- It is one of the first things you notice when you get out at highway speeds.
If the windshield ever cracks or brakes opt for the acoustic version. Perhaps install sound deadening as well. Test Drive a lariat to see if the windshield is enough.
Sponsored

OP
OP
spexmaverick

spexmaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid XLT Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can the dealer replace it? Maybe it was faulty or not installed correctly.

How off road are you going? Dirt and some grass is all this thing should see. Is the trim secure correctly? Can the dealer confirm?

Ford made a hybrid for this issue.

If the windshield ever cracks or brakes opt for the acoustic version. Perhaps install sound deadening as well. Test Drive a lariat to see if the windshield is enough.
#1 Rob, I'll check with the dealer when I go in for service for the loose window trim and rear bumper trim.

#2 I have pushed the truck on the off-road use for sure; I just want to see what the truck is capable of. Regardless, I have not not had any body impact, the piece actually works itself loose.

#3 Yep, for sure and that's why I have a Hybrid on order!

LEDLITES

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
GREENE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LX80
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Going to nitpick your nit pick

may need to be adjusted at dealer
#9- Turning radius- When this truck was announced, it was stated that it has a great turning radius. On a typical street I still need to do a 3-point turn.
It is a truck
#8-Loose body trim- When I have gone off-road, the jarring of the truck loosens the plastic wrap-around trim at the rear passenger side. I can tap it back in place but it is annoyance.
May need to be adjusted at dealer
#7-Just OK Mileage- I thought I could get more of the 29 MPG mileage rather than the 25 MPG as I can be a hypermiler....but NOOOOOOOOO. I consistently get 25 MPG. Good thing is that I am still getting that 25 MPG with a lift and slightly larger tires.
You added a lift and tires and you say you have a lead foot so that's on you.
#6- Parts availability- I would like a skid plate. Ford dealer says not in stock with no idea when it will be back in stock.
Supply chain issues are not forever and are not solely affecting our Mavericks
#5-Wind noise- It is one of the first things you notice when you get out at highway speeds.
Higher trims fix this issue.
#4-The key-operated tailgate lock. No options on the XL level but I have seen a hack on this already.
Higher trims fix this issue
#3-Uncoated/exposed sheet metal in the wheel wells- This is probably not an issue here in sunny Southern California but could be a rust issue in other parts of the country. What?? Are car dealers not selling the undercoating options anymore???
I think this is a fair concern, I would suggest if you move out of So Cal (lucky dog) spray your undercarriage in preparation for salt roads.

#1- HOOD SHAKE- OMG this is the worst! Driving west through the San Gorgonio pass, home of the famous Palm Springs "windmills"/ wind turbines it is windy as heck. Driving at 70 MPH the hood looks like it going to fly off at any second. Very unnerving to someone who regularly drives through windy areas.
Have your dealer adjust it.

Its an entry level first model year truck these things should be expected.

BB0

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
While I'm sure that these items are frustrating, I'm relieved to hear that the issues people are having are minor in nature. As long as my truck (when RNGsus decides to give it to me) is reliable, semi-comfortable, and efficient when it gets here, I'll be content.

CSmith

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4, 2020 F150 XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can I just interject for a second? You know what your problem is? You put the Maverick up on a pedestal. You made the Maverick into this great big Greek goddess named Mavericklia and what you're doing is your psyching yourself into thinking it's some impossible thing that you want it to be. When the truth is....you bought Fords entry level vehicle.
Mavericklia! Do you have a rendition of this goddess that can be 3d-printed and placed in the cubby? I'd buy that for a dollar...

Sponsored

CenTexMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: Subaru WRX, Challanger RT, RAM 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I have to admit that at times I have a lead foot so I can drive at speeds over 75- 80 MPH 😇

Driving into the wind makes the hood REALLY shake at those speeds. (Those speeds may have something with my less than 29 MPG too! lol)
I noticed some hood shake when I am pushing against the limiter at 109 mph ....

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
years back I had a GM Quadrasteer truck. That thing could turn.

Very likely, in fact its inevitable, that the larger tires affect your mpg even though you claim otherwise.

BootXL76

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Mavericklia! Do you have a rendition of this goddess that can be 3d-printed and placed in the cubby? I'd buy that for a dollar...
I have a 3D printer on the way and I thought I knew what my first print was going to be, but now…. But NOW!!!…. 😂😂😂

OP
OP
spexmaverick

spexmaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid XLT Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am actually very happy with turning radius. It’s the same as my wife’s rav4. I can go from the center turn lane across a two lane street and adjacent to the curb without issue. Living in LA, traffic sucks everywhere but am consistently getting 26 MPG and drive everywhere I can at 80-90MPH since I normally start work at 0500. Wind noise hasn’t been noticeable but it’s a low end truck not a BMW. And I have read about trim issues, poor quality control but take to the dealer to fix. Parts, it’s a newly developed truck in its first 6 months, not a Tacoma or civic that is in a few years of it’s generation. Have some patience or have fun experimenting what would fit. Also… you got an XL man. You went entry level, those issues could have been fixed with a higher trim.
Yep, I got the FXPOOR and some things go with the territory of the XL. I really do love the truck and this is a Nitpick List and as I said, most are small irritations but the hood shake is plain scary when you see it.

You said you get 26 MPG, thats about what I am getting with the occasional 28 or 29 MPG. As far as the turning radius, my daughter owns a RAV4 and had noticed right off the bat the difference in turning radius. It's not a deal killer and I would never expect it to have the 15 or 20 feet turning radius that my Prius C had!

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
#9- Turning radius- When this truck was announced, it was stated that it has a great turning radius. On a typical street I still need to do a 3-point turn.
#7-Just OK Mileage- I thought I could get more of the 29 MPG mileage rather than the 25 MPG as I can be a hypermiler....but NOOOOOOOOO. I consistently get 25 MPG. Good thing is that I am still getting that 25 MPG with a lift and slightly larger tires.
#6- Parts availability- I would like a skid plate. Ford dealer says not in stock with no idea when it will be back in stock.
#4-The key-operated tailgate lock. No options on the XL level but I have seen a hack on this already.
#3-Uncoated/exposed sheet metal in the wheel wells- This is probably not an issue here in sunny Southern California but could be a rust issue in other parts of the country. What?? Are car dealers not selling the undercoating options anymore???
#2-OK, I ran out of things to bitch about; there's only really 9 items on my list.
#1- HOOD SHAKE- OMG this is the worst! Driving west through the San Gorgonio pass, home of the famous Palm Springs "windmills"/ wind turbines it is windy as heck. Driving at 70 MPH the hood looks like it going to fly off at any second. Very unnerving to someone who regularly drives through windy areas.
Built Ford Tough

Sponsored

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
At least nothing major like all the tranny problems with SC

OP
OP
spexmaverick

spexmaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid XLT Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Woody27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No thanks
I’ve had my lariet AWD for 1200 miles and there is a lot I like about it. The size is perfect for my purposes. It is very well equipped . I do not have any hood shake but did put hood struts on it right away. A couple of things that I’ve noticed is the wind noise is present at highway speeds and the engine noise on acceleration is very noticeable.
I agree with the engine noise (similar to a horde of hamsters). A 2.7 EB Maverick would be so sweet.