First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid XLT Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
#10-Loose trim at the drivers window- it seems like its ready to fall off.
#9- Turning radius- When this truck was announced, it was stated that it has a great turning radius. On a typical street I still need to do a 3-point turn.
#8-Loose body trim- When I have gone off-road, the jarring of the truck loosens the plastic wrap-around trim at the rear passenger side. I can tap it back in place but it is annoyance.
#7-Just OK Mileage- I thought I could get more of the 29 MPG mileage rather than the 25 MPG as I can be a hypermiler....but NOOOOOOOOO. I consistently get 25 MPG. Good thing is that I am still getting that 25 MPG with a lift and slightly larger tires.
#6- Parts availability- I would like a skid plate. Ford dealer says not in stock with no idea when it will be back in stock.
#5-Wind noise- It is one of the first things you notice when you get out at highway speeds.
#4-The key-operated tailgate lock. No options on the XL level but I have seen a hack on this already.
#3-Uncoated/exposed sheet metal in the wheel wells- This is probably not an issue here in sunny Southern California but could be a rust issue in other parts of the country. What?? Are car dealers not selling the undercoating options anymore???
#2-OK, I ran out of things to bitch about; there's only really 9 items on my list.
#1- HOOD SHAKE- OMG this is the worst! Driving west through the San Gorgonio pass, home of the famous Palm Springs "windmills"/ wind turbines it is windy as heck. Driving at 70 MPH the hood looks like it going to fly off at any second. Very unnerving to someone who regularly drives through windy areas.
Sponsored

BILLNOROVILLE

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prius, Hybrid XLT, Honda 1100Rebel, 2) Hawk 650NT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why stop at 10. You missed so many things people have already posted threads about disliking about Mavericks. You missed small mirror and backup camera that come to mind.

Take your list to a dealer and maybe they can fix a couple of them like trim falling off. Noisy cabs have been mentioned and you are in a minority of opinion as most find it quiet. Turning radius is kind of new but who knows how many will find that to be important design defect. I don't find it a problem. Others with your type of build seem to be doing a little better on their miles per gallon so maybe it is not the truck.

At least you know if you sold it the negative experience didn't cost you much.

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
#9- Turning radius- When this truck was announced, it was stated that it has a great turning radius. On a typical street I still need to do a 3-point turn.
#8-Loose body trim- When I have gone off-road, the jarring of the truck loosens the plastic wrap-around trim at the rear passenger side. I can tap it back in place but it is annoyance.
#7-Just OK Mileage- I thought I could get more of the 29 MPG mileage rather than the 25 MPG as I can be a hypermiler....but NOOOOOOOOO. I consistently get 25 MPG. Good thing is that I am still getting that 25 MPG with a lift and slightly larger tires.
#6- Parts availability- I would like a skid plate. Ford dealer says not in stock with no idea when it will be back in stock.
#5-Wind noise- It is one of the first things you notice when you get out at highway speeds.
#4-The key-operated tailgate lock. No options on the XL level but I have seen a hack on this already.
#3-Uncoated/exposed sheet metal in the wheel wells- This is probably not an issue here in sunny Southern California but could be a rust issue in other parts of the country. What?? Are car dealers not selling the undercoating options anymore???
#2-OK, I ran out of things to bitch about; there's only really 9 items on my list.
#1- HOOD SHAKE- OMG this is the worst! Driving west through the San Gorgonio pass, home of the famous Palm Springs "windmills"/ wind turbines it is windy as heck. Driving at 70 MPH the hood looks like it going to fly off at any second. Very unnerving to someone who regularly drives through windy areas.
Can I just interject for a second? You know what your problem is? You put the Maverick up on a pedestal. You made the Maverick into this great big Greek goddess named Mavericklia and what you're doing is your psyching yourself into thinking it's some impossible thing that you want it to be. When the truth is....you bought Fords entry level vehicle.

Last edited:
OP
OP
spexmaverick

spexmaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid XLT Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why stop at 10. You missed so many things people have already posted threads about disliking about Mavericks. You missed small mirror and backup camera that come to mind.

Take your list to a dealer and maybe they can fix a couple of them like trim falling off. Noisy cabs have been mentioned and you are in a minority of opinion as most find it quiet. Turning radius is kind of new but who knows how many will find that to be important design defect. I don't find it a problem. Others with your type of build seem to be doing a little better on their miles per gallon so maybe it is not the truck.

At least you know if you sold it the negative experience didn't cost you much.
Bill, I love my truck but no vehicle is perfect. These are things that may be a minor irritant vs. a serious defect (hood shake). I think I am being honest about items/issues that can and should be addressed in future models. No intention whatsoever of getting rid of it, as a matter of fact I'm waiting on a second XLT Hybrid. As far as the mirror and rear view camera, I do not have an issue with those things.

Sponsored

OP
OP
spexmaverick

spexmaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid XLT Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm dodging the thrown tomatoes!!! lol

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
OP
OP
spexmaverick

spexmaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid XLT Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm dodging the thrown tomatoes!!! lol
Can I just interject for a second? You know what your problem is? You put the Maverick up on a pedestal. You made the Maverick into this great big Greek goddess named Mavericklia and what you're doing is your psyching yourself into thinking it's some impossible thing that you want it to be. When the truth is....you bought Fords entry level vehicle.
I hope you realize that I am posting this as a tongue-in-cheek post. At least I see that you're laughing along with me. As I responded to Bill, I LOVE the truck and it ain't going nowhere!

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Bill, I love my truck but no vehicle is perfect. These are things that may be a minor irritant vs. a serious defect (hood shake). I think I am being honest about items/issues that can and should be addressed in future models. No intention whatsoever of getting rid of it, as a matter of fact I'm waiting on a second XLT Hybrid. As far as the mirror and rear view camera, I do not have an issue with those things.
There have already been multiple posts on how to fix the hood shake issue. Open your hood and adjust the rubber bumpers on either side so they just touch the hood when closed. Holds it securely by applying slight pressure when closed and stops the vibrating.

There, I solved one of your problems. Hope I get a Maverick someday.

Davidod

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’ve had my lariet AWD for 1200 miles and there is a lot I like about it. The size is perfect for my purposes. It is very well equipped . I do not have any hood shake but did put hood struts on it right away. A couple of things that I’ve noticed is the wind noise is present at highway speeds and the engine noise on acceleration is very noticeable.

Sponsored

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
I hope you realize that I am posting this as a tongue-in-cheek post. At least I see that you're laughing along with me. As I responded to Bill, I LOVE the truck and it ain't going nowhere!
My post was to. It was a reference to a movie staring Steve Carrel.

OP
OP
spexmaverick

spexmaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid XLT Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have to admit that at times I have a lead foot so I can drive at speeds over 75- 80 MPH 😇

Driving into the wind makes the hood REALLY shake at those speeds. (Those speeds may have something with my less than 29 MPG too! lol)

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I guess all things are relative. I like the turning radius. Much better than my Lincoln pickup. About the same as my Kia minivan, which is the same length.

OP
OP
spexmaverick

spexmaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid XLT Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I guess all things are relative. I like the turning radius. Much better than my Lincoln pickup. About the same as my Kia minivan, which is the same length.
Lil Miss Orange, you're absolutely right, it truly is relative. My '02 Exploder beats a PT Cruiser in the U-turn test!

Chowdayer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick 2.0 XLT FX4 Lightning Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am actually very happy with turning radius. It’s the same as my wife’s rav4. I can go from the center turn lane across a two lane street and adjacent to the curb without issue. Living in LA, traffic sucks everywhere but am consistently getting 26 MPG and drive everywhere I can at 80-90MPH since I normally start work at 0500. Wind noise hasn’t been noticeable but it’s a low end truck not a BMW. And I have read about trim issues, poor quality control but take to the dealer to fix. Parts, it’s a newly developed truck in its first 6 months, not a Tacoma or civic that is in a few years of it’s generation. Have some patience or have fun experimenting what would fit. Also… you got an XL man. You went entry level, those issues could hs e been fixed with a higher trim.
Sponsored