First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariot
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm an 81 year old computer dummy. The only way I can get the options to "Watch this thread" and "and receive email notifications" to "take" is by sending a reply. That reply can have one letter [any letter], a period or a comma. Is this giving you [or anyone] a problem??? Thanks...
Sponsored

Jah.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jah.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick xlt fx4 , Honda 700 ctx mc
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sell it and buy a yugo . then you will know dislike .

Sventinker

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
so many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
#10-Loose trim at the drivers window- it seems like its ready to fall off.
#9- Turning radius- When this truck was announced, it was stated that it has a great turning radius. On a typical street I still need to do a 3-point turn.
#8-Loose body trim- When I have gone off-road, the jarring of the truck loosens the plastic wrap-around trim at the rear passenger side. I can tap it back in place but it is annoyance.
#7-Just OK Mileage- I thought I could get more of the 29 MPG mileage rather than the 25 MPG as I can be a hypermiler....but NOOOOOOOOO. I consistently get 25 MPG. Good thing is that I am still getting that 25 MPG with a lift and slightly larger tires.
#6- Parts availability- I would like a skid plate. Ford dealer says not in stock with no idea when it will be back in stock.
#5-Wind noise- It is one of the first things you notice when you get out at highway speeds.
#4-The key-operated tailgate lock. No options on the XL level but I have seen a hack on this already.
#3-Uncoated/exposed sheet metal in the wheel wells- This is probably not an issue here in sunny Southern California but could be a rust issue in other parts of the country. What?? Are car dealers not selling the undercoating options anymore???
#2-OK, I ran out of things to bitch about; there's only really 9 items on my list.
#1- HOOD SHAKE- OMG this is the worst! Driving west through the San Gorgonio pass, home of the famous Palm Springs "windmills"/ wind turbines it is windy as heck. Driving at 70 MPH the hood looks like it going to fly off at any second. Very unnerving to someone who regularly drives through windy areas.
the hood shake is the worst for me too I drive where you mentioned daily

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No matter what you drive, if you look hard enough, you will find something you do not like. This stretches from econo box to six figure sports car. Nothing is perfect.

Here is my ten top things I do NOT like about my Maverick.

1-10 NOTHING. I like it as is.

Silver23

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
#9- Turning radius- When this truck was announced, it was stated that it has a great turning radius. On a typical street I still need to do a 3-point turn.
#8-Loose body trim- When I have gone off-road, the jarring of the truck loosens the plastic wrap-around trim at the rear passenger side. I can tap it back in place but it is annoyance.
#7-Just OK Mileage- I thought I could get more of the 29 MPG mileage rather than the 25 MPG as I can be a hypermiler....but NOOOOOOOOO. I consistently get 25 MPG. Good thing is that I am still getting that 25 MPG with a lift and slightly larger tires.
#6- Parts availability- I would like a skid plate. Ford dealer says not in stock with no idea when it will be back in stock.
#5-Wind noise- It is one of the first things you notice when you get out at highway speeds.
#4-The key-operated tailgate lock. No options on the XL level but I have seen a hack on this already.
#3-Uncoated/exposed sheet metal in the wheel wells- This is probably not an issue here in sunny Southern California but could be a rust issue in other parts of the country. What?? Are car dealers not selling the undercoating options anymore???
#2-OK, I ran out of things to bitch about; there's only really 9 items on my list.
#1- HOOD SHAKE- OMG this is the worst! Driving west through the San Gorgonio pass, home of the famous Palm Springs "windmills"/ wind turbines it is windy as heck. Driving at 70 MPH the hood looks like it going to fly off at any second. Very unnerving to someone who regularly drives through windy areas.
I can tell you the problem with the MPG. It's the crap gas/alcohol mix we get in California.

Sponsored

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm an 81 year old computer dummy. The only way I can get the options to "Watch this thread" and "and receive email notifications" to "take" is by sending a reply. That reply can have one letter [any letter], a period or a comma. Is this giving you [or anyone] a problem??? Thanks...
OK James, I'm taking you at your word... At the top of each page, on the right hand side, just below the thread title, are three buttons: "Jump to new", "Ignore", and "Watch"... Click the "watch" button, and you'll be notified of changes.

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Crosstrek Spt ,23 SC AWD,02 Jeep 4x4, 17 Winbgo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why stop at 10. You missed so many things people have already posted threads about disliking about Mavericks. You missed small mirror and backup camera that come to mind.

Take your list to a dealer and maybe they can fix a couple of them like trim falling off. Noisy cabs have been mentioned and you are in a minority of opinion as most find it quiet. Turning radius is kind of new but who knows how many will find that to be important design defect. I don't find it a problem. Others with your type of build seem to be doing a little better on their miles per gallon so maybe it is not the truck.

At least you know if you sold it the negative experience didn't cost you much.
[/QUOTE
Hate the arm rests. Everytime I reach to close the door...nothing but air. The Knob shifter...sorry put a stick in there...n

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Turning radius
Toyota Rav4 18.05 to 18.7′
Ford Maverick 20'
Ford Ecosport 17.5'
Ford escape 19'
Ford ranger 21.25 to 21.65
Ford F150 20.6 to 26.25
Hyundai Santa Cruz 19.8

Oldflyer

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Noted all the above and will confirm the flimsy hood. I drive backcountry roads that have normal highway speed limits, 70 mph on a two lane! I can tell you when you pass a truck the hood all but rips off, it's scary! I plan to add old school hood locks if I keep the truck. Other issues are cheap paint quality, I drove another car for years in the same mountains and back highways with little chip damage. My Maverick at 15,000 mile is riddle with tiny chips. I keep up painting over them but this is a concern that Ford should have noted, if they do any testing which I doubt. Here's another beef, probably because I drive on dirt roads as much as paved. Who the H#!! thought putting mud flaps on the front of the fender wells and not the back was a good idea? Pure stupidity on the part of the chief engineer of this truck. It elicits belly laughs from everyone I point it out to. Inexpensive doesn't have to mean cheap, in my opinion Ford doesn't understand that concept.

Azmig88

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick 2.0 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can I just interject for a second? You know what your problem is? You put the Maverick up on a pedestal. You made the Maverick into this great big Greek goddess named Mavericklia and what you're doing is your psyching yourself into thinking it's some impossible thing that you want it to be. When the truth is....you bought Fords entry level vehicle.
Here’s an alternative with NONE of those problems:
Copy and paste if you need to
https://www.bentleymotors.com/en/mo...XKJ7pqQDK01hyYFylI0aApMvEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
Sponsored