10% over MSRP

Maverick-2023

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
altima
Just placed an order for XLT yesterday and dealer i have bought multiple cars from told me it was 10% plus MSRP at end.

I emailed him later last night and told him to cancel the order that the 10% (extra $3,000.00) was unacceptable

Was i wrong ?
Sponsored

Younglefthander

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat, 22 Bronco Sport Big Ben
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You are not wrong. Plenty of good dealers not marking up custom orders over MSRP.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Order it thru the @fordvideoguy and have it shipped to you. MSRP, $500 dealer processing fee and that’s it.

Sirjohn

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'78 Slab
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Order it thru the @fordvideoguy and have it shipped to you. MSRP, $500 dealer processing fee and that’s it.
They will cover up to 1k Shipping only if you finance through them using their lenders or FMC but if FMC has a special interest rate you won’t be able to use that rate and qualify for 1k.

They most likely won’t do a courtesy drop to a dealer near you as they’ve had issues according to a video I watched where Tim covered that topic. I believe he said it’s up to the sales person handling your order.

Shipping via a car hauler is running around 1.50 to 1.75 per mile. So factor that in.

OP
OP

Maverick-2023

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
altima
They will cover up to 1k Shipping only if you finance through them using their lenders or FMC but if FMC has a special interest rate you won’t be able to use that rate and qualify for 1k.

They most likely won’t do a courtesy drop to a dealer near you as they’ve had issues according to a video I watched where Tim covered that topic. I believe he said it’s up to the sales person handling your order.

Shipping via a car hauler is running around 1.50 to 1.75 per mile. So factor that in.
thank you for the info.... but im in Mass and I think shipping from Kansas might be a fortune

Sponsored

selmanb71

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Edge & 2017 Ford Escape
Just placed an order for XLT yesterday and dealer i have bought multiple cars from told me it was 10% plus MSRP at end.

I emailed him later last night and told him to cancel the order that the 10% (extra $3,000.00) was unacceptable

Was i wrong ?
No you weren’t wrong. There are many dealerships out there selling at MSRP. Call around your area and find one.

OP
OP

Maverick-2023

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
altima
Best way is to fly there and drive it home. Makes for a nice road trip adventure to really get to know the vehicle!
Lol, also a bunch of extra miles that goes towards the warranty expiring

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Only thing added to my price was tax and title. My dealer doesn't charge a document fee.

OP
OP

Maverick-2023

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
altima
Only thing added to my price was tax and title. My dealer doesn't charge a document fee.
Yeh, Mass has tax and title also...I knew that part
Didnt expect the 10% over sticker plus $499 dealer fees

Sponsored

bighap

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Call around. I talked to 6 dealers around me and 3 of them were charging over MSRP. They lost my business. The other 3 got orders from me.

OP
OP

Maverick-2023

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
altima
Call around. I talked to 6 dealers around me and 3 of them were charging over MSRP. They lost my business. The other 3 got orders from me.
Thank you.. wow , you bought 3 ?

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Chapman is in PA easy drive and while I haven't dealt with them word is they are great.

bighap

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you.. wow , you bought 3 ?
Yup. With dealer allocations having a big role in when you might get your truck, I didn't want to put all of my eggs in one basket. I'll only keep one.

vRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
Undecided

Was i wrong ?
That sucks. Lots of dealers are doing that. They will happily put your order in then at the end will tell you oh btw the manager just told me we need to mark it up... sorry about that.

They would actually prefer it if you cancelled the order as they will be leaving it in the system and when the truck comes in they will sell it for way over MSRP with ADM etc. Ford even said that the COVP is not required as it was for the 2022s.
Sponsored