IndyMac

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've been able to call the Union Pacific number and get some info on the railcar number I was given, but no actual location information. Just 'loaded/sent out' days and times. Still an ETA of 2/20 - 2/26.
Sponsored

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've been able to call the Union Pacific number and get some info on the railcar number I was given, but no actual location information. Just 'loaded/sent out' days and times. Still an ETA of 2/20 - 2/26.
Sounds like we are on the same train to Denver... Was a 2/20 ETA until yesterday, when it went to 2/21 due to the holiday, I expect. xxx579?

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is that your car number? Mine ends in xxx610.
Yes, it is. Maybe there is more than one headed to Denver? We need more Mavericks in this part of the country!

BrothrFree

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Venza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm having the same experience, able to get details from Union Pacific, but no location information. The railcar (TTGX707211) is headed for Chicago. Anyone know how to get the actual location? The delivery estimate on Ford's tracking site from Chicago to my local dealer is 03/16 to 03/29.

Sponsored

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm having the same experience, able to get details from Union Pacific, but no location information. The railcar (TTGX707211) is headed for Chicago. Anyone know how to get the actual location? The delivery estimate on Ford's tracking site from Chicago to my local dealer is 03/16 to 03/29.
UP seems to be about as trustworthy as Ford. My railcar was supposed to have an ETA of 2/20 at 9:00 AM...but then they changed it to 2/21 and now it is moved out to 2/23. All I've ever been able to get was departure times with NO locations at all. My current and last departure time was 2/16 at 5:28PM. I'm thinking that was when it left S0. Salt Lake City, but if so, it is gonna take them 7 days to get about 500 miles to Denver???

BrothrFree

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Venza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
UP seems to be about as trustworthy as Ford. My railcar was supposed to have an ETA of 2/20 at 9:00 AM...but then they changed it to 2/21 and now it is moved out to 2/23. All I've ever been able to get was departure times with NO locations at all. My current and last departure time was 2/16 at 5:28PM. I'm thinking that was when it left S0. Salt Lake City, but if so, it is gonna take them 7 days to get about 500 miles to Denver???
That's Crazy!

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did you ask the dealer for the locations? Their system knows. Plus railroads don't go direct anywhere or fast. Crew changes, sitting on sidings waiting for priority trains to go by, going to other locations to drop or pick up cars. If you had ordered from a Nogales dealership it would probably have made it in one day.

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you ask the dealer for the locations? Their system knows. Plus railroads don't go direct anywhere or fast. Crew changes, sitting on sidings waiting for priority trains to go by, going to other locations to drop or pick up cars. If you had ordered from a Nogales dealership it would probably have made it in one day.
I've been getting VinView updates every few days. Last VinView had it into southern WY or northern Colorado.

Newtruck West Coast

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got my new production date of March 27...was September, then November, then December, then January 9th.....EXCEPT the dealer didn't take off the hold for materials issue and ANOTHER 11 week delay to March 27...I HAD to tell the dealer there was a hold on my order...isn't he supposed to tell me ? The pain continues....also had to tell the dealer the specific coupon number for my discount to be used on getting the 2023 instead of the 2022...11 weeks delay is costing me money since the value of my 2014 Mustang convertible continues to go down; I was going to sell it to help pay for the truck...documenting everything in case I go the media if I don't get my truck or the dealer tries to screw me over....I've actually FIRED people for much less in the Customer Service arena.

Sponsored

BrothrFree

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Venza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just made my daily UP status call. Says the railcar is empty in Chicago. Leads me to believe the Maverick is sitting on a lot at the railyard amidst a sea of other vehicles / goods of all sorts. So, I immediately to back to the main tracking info link at the top of this page and found the link for truck tracking, but alas, I don't know how to use it. It is asking for login info. Any thoughts?

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just made my daily UP status call. Says the railcar is empty in Chicago. Leads me to believe the Maverick is sitting on a lot at the railyard amidst a sea of other vehicles / goods of all sorts. So, I immediately to back to the main tracking info link at the top of this page and found the link for truck tracking, but alas, I don't know how to use it. It is asking for login info. Any thoughts?
Similar here...my railcar was emptied today at 6:53 AM and now has a destination of Chicago, with an "Origin- Rolla"...which is UP's Denver terminal. Thus my truck should be sitting in the Denver railyard waiting for a BIG truck to bring it to my WY dealer. Most of Wyoming's roads were closed yesterday and even FedEx is delaying my overnight documents. Snow isn't melting fast at MINUS 12 degrees.

deej

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick 2.0 Lariat, AWD, 4K, Lux, BAP, HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Once it has been offloaded from the rail car, and loaded onto a car carrier for the final leg to the dealership, is there any way to track the car carrier?

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Once it has been offloaded from the rail car, and loaded onto a car carrier for the final leg to the dealership, is there any way to track the car carrier?
The dealer can, with a VIN, according to the transport tracking link on the tracker page here.

deej

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick 2.0 Lariat, AWD, 4K, Lux, BAP, HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The dealer can, with a VIN, according to the transport tracking link on the tracker page here.
I should have been more explicit. Is there any way for us to track the car carrier with a VIN without the dealership?
Sponsored