Mayhem

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 & 2023 Maverick Lariats
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Call/chat every day requesting railcar #! On a Fri 20 Jan, they told me it the 8th day stuck in East St Louis, but gave me the railcar #. CSX automated tracking said car was actually at Baldwin, FL railhead on Thur 19 Jan and then Taft, FL railhead on Sat 21 Jan. Okayed dealer on 23 Jan to pick up and drive back 60 miles to dealer on 24 Jan. Has dent in bed. To be in body shop 25-31 Jan. My 1st Maverick waited a week for truck transfer to dealer five miles from the railhead. 1st Maverick wait 372 days. 2nd Maverick wait 457 days. Identical except for model year. I KEPT CLOSE TABS SO NEITHER DEALER SOLD MY ORDER TO SOMEONE ELSE! Only tracking system I trusted was CSX snail-like movement. That's why securing railcar # is so impt. FCS & Chat often not current. Both Dealers were useless for in-transit updates.
Sponsored

Kildar1207

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So I have been unable to get any tracking info since it left the plant and is now on the rail car. I have gotten info when it reaches the yard to be transported to the dealer but I have the gap from the plant to the yard. I have tried calling Ford and using the chat with no luck to get my rail car number. They said I have to get that from the dealer but not having much luck there either. Any suggestions on how to get the rail car number?

Alkaiser702

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I agree the chat is not for the purpose I needed to find the rail car number so I actually called, and the person initially said she could help me but would need to put me on hold a minute or two so she could look it up and then came back and said they were not allowed to do it anymore.
Apparently the application for tracking the exact location of your vehicle is called VinView, which the dealer should have access to. This might be easier than those automated rail tracking systems (at least in my experience with Union Pacific, that thing was garbage).

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Manufacturer chat support usually only have access to the order/production tracking systems. They rarely have transport info. The dealer almost always has real time data once it is loaded on rail to when it is put on a truck at the railhead. Many dealers don't want to be bothered with those questions. Good sales managers look at the status of each open order every morning and lets customers know.
Also, dealers have no control of how long it sits at the railhead before it is on a truck. They can't go pick it up. I've seen vehicles sit at the railhead for weeks. Customers have gone to the yard and see it through the fence. One thing I have learned with all of the cars I've ordered is that patience truly is a virtue. And I have an eleven month wait before mine is delivered. And a therapist visit scheduled every day until then.

Doclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 F150, 2003 Chevrolet Astro, 1980 Jeep CJ7, 19
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got my notification yesterday on an order from last August. Build scheduled 13 Mar 2023. Hybrid XLT, carbon gray.

Sponsored

aspenwoody

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 on order you tube
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My production date changed to 02/23/23 today what a screwed up mess eco burst

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Mine finally shipped and I got my railcar from my dealer. It starts with TTGX so I thought it was Norfolk Southern. When I call, it says it's in Michigan as of November? Anyone else have an issue with it

Skeeter163

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine finally shipped and I got my railcar from my dealer. It starts with TTGX so I thought it was Norfolk Southern. When I call, it says it's in Michigan as of November? Anyone else have an issue with it
Where do you want it? Mine is in indy.and I’m in NC. Due in 4 days
ordered 11-9 -21

Braderick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav XLT, RAV4 Hybrid, KIA EV6
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just a heads-up...CSX is dropping vehicles off and transferring them to TDSI ( CSX's over-the-road transport co.)

My railcar stalled (NC bound) with CSX a week or so ago, then railcar tracking indicated it left South Carolina for Tennessee, then on to Kentucky. Meanwhile TDSI had loaded a car trailer and waited on a rig to pull it up to NC along with other drop-offs. In my case, they cut Norfolk Southern (walkertown, nc hub) out of the traditional delivery loop that my dealership typically uses.

Short story...I was watching a train without reason.

I'll pick up the truck from the dealership tomorrow; hoping for no issues!

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Where do you want it? Mine is in indy.and I’m in NC. Due in 4 days
ordered 11-9 -21
Mine is going to FL. Figured out the issue. Norfolk still has the info from another order. CSX shows its still in Mexico

Sponsored

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

They are taking the damn scenic route to dropping off my truck...in Florida.
Ford Maverick 🧭 Maverick Build & Tracking Links Map.JPG

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
More stupidity for me from the tracker. I'm back from Built to my order being Confirmed with today's update.

Ford Maverick 🧭 Maverick Build & Tracking Links red 2-9-23

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

More stupidity for me from the tracker. I'm back from Built to my order being Confirmed with today's update.

red 2-9-23.jpg
That's actually probably a good sign. Mine did that and within a few hours it shipped. Check back tomorrow.

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's actually probably a good sign. Mine did that and within a few hours it shipped. Check back tomorrow.
I knew I had seen this play out before. That's some crazy IT Database work, but I'm sure you are right...progress of any sort is still progress.
Sponsored