Sponsored

Anyone have another way of tracking my build?

DreamWeaver21

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
XLT hybrid ordered in August. I got a VIN from the dealer in September but no order number so I can't use the tracking site (which I read doesn't work all that well anyhow).

Dealer told me that I had build dates in Nov, then Dec, then Jan. Dealer also told me in early Feb that it left the factory and was on the way to a US port (I am overseas). The Jack Cooper Trucking had an entry for my VIN in February as well (in Delaware) but they took that option off the site.

It usually takes ~6 weeks for a shipment to arrive so I waited that and they asked the dealer again if they had an update and their response was "still waiting on the microchip issue." This of course doesn't make any sense as they already told me it was built and in shipping. I don't suspect any purposeful funny business by the dealer. It is associated with the US military and there is no price negotiation or markup. It is the same fixed price for everyone. I am not sure if they dealer just doesn't get good information or if they mixed up what they told me.

I associated the VIN with my Ford.com account and it has updated to show a picture of the truck I ordered and lists the warranty start date as 13 Feb 2022. I imagine something had to happen to get that populated. I am just not familiar enough with the process to know.

I am guessing it could be sitting in a yard somewhere around Newark, on a boat, in a yard in Europe, or may be about to roll onto the dealer's lot. I am not desperate for the truck as I can get along without it but it is a nice to have so I thought I would ask if anyone has a way to find out what is up with this truck?
Sponsored

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you don't have your order number, I'm guessing you don't have your signed order form with purchase price?
I would try to get that asap. For one, to make sure they ordered the right build(may be too late now,) as well as the MSRP for price protection.

OP
OP

DreamWeaver21

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have the buyer's order that both the dealer and I signed but there is no "order number" on it just a "refer to quote". It has the price and options listed out. It is the right build. XLT hybrid, luxury package, and copilot 360. The price is MSRP -$500 military discount +2k or so in extra shipping and processing because it is going overseas.

I am not worried about price changes. I put a $500 deposit and the payoff is around 27.5k when it gets here. Being fixed price sales, there is no ability or motivation for the dealer to change prices. I am just looking to find out where the truck is and I am not sure the dealer knows either.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
so you're looking for another way to raise your stress and anxiety level over something you can't control? Nothing good can come of this o_O

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have the buyer's order that both the dealer and I signed but there is no "order number" on it just a "refer to quote". It has the price and options listed out. It is the right build. XLT hybrid, luxury package, and copilot 360. The price is MSRP -$500 military discount +2k or so in extra shipping and processing because it is going overseas.

I am not worried about price changes. I put a $500 deposit and the payoff is around 27.5k when it gets here. Being fixed price sales, there is no ability or motivation for the dealer to change prices. I am just looking to find out where the truck is and I am not sure the dealer knows either.
You never got a form like this with Order Code # at the top right?
Maybe ask if they have one.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/NgZd9ir2oaiX53u97

Sponsored

OP
OP

DreamWeaver21

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
so you're looking for another way to raise your stress and anxiety level over something you can't control? Nothing good can come of this o_O
Not really stressed, just curious.

You never got a form like this with Order Code # at the top right?
Maybe ask if they have one.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/NgZd9ir2oaiX53u97
I didn't get anything exactly like that but I did get a multipage buyer's offer that has the similar information but is laid out different. No order number though.

If you have the VIN you can look up the window sticker which lists the Order Number. It's the last 4 in the Item # excluding the O/T 1.
Where can I look up the window sticker? That sounds like it should work but I haven't found where to find the window sticker with the VIN.

trenado88

First Name
Eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Elantra
Call Ford Marketing. They were the ones that gave me the order number before a vin# was issued to me when schedule for production.

Sponsored
OP
OP

DreamWeaver21

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Call Ford Marketing. They were the ones that gave me the order number before a vin# was issued to me when schedule for production.
I guess I will give them a call. I am pretty sure the truck is built.
Ford Maverick Anyone have another way of tracking my build? Capture.JPG
Sponsored