Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mazda 626, 05 Ford Escape 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford's Full-size Spare isn't Full size dpare. It's just bigger than a donut
It just means that its the same diameter of tire, not the small little donuts. They can be driven on longer and at highways speeds, most donuts have a speed limit rating of like 45-50 mph.
Sponsored

Jbuys

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mazda 626, 05 Ford Escape 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Last time I checked 33 wasn't 40. I thought they said it was going to be average MPG 40?

No?
Ford said in all of its adds and such that they were aiming for 40 mpg City. Now its 42 City, 33 Highway and 37 Combined. That's better than they were aiming for. I think those numbers will be higher as there has been reports from a Ford Rep that got 50 mpg in downtown Nashville, TN.

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is tomorrow going to be a big day for us hybrid folks?
Well, today was my big day! Meaning they moved my production date back another week! :mad:

But I am sneaking up on them, November 01 is not that far away ...

DHarbaugh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Ford F-150, 2016 Ford Flex
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's great news! I love that going from a 2017 VW jetta to the maverick is going to IMPROVE my MPG for my daily drive. It is 20 miles each way, with a mix of highway (60mph tops) and a lot of stop lights. I get 34 in the VW on that drive (~40 on the highway at times) but I should be looking at improving on that number with the hybrid maverick (and still be able to handle sheets of plywood for my workshop).
I cannot wait!
I can't wait to stop driving my '98 F-150 80 miles round trip to work everyday. I'm getting about 17 mpg on my highway drive! 😂

Sponsored

thad17

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
SoFL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I walk now
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sam, I can't believe this.

I have had my drivers console with the picture of the wheels-battery-engine. I have watched during take offs and driving in the city with all the stop and go the engine is always driving the wheels. A lot of the time it's both engine and battery driving the wheels. The ONLY time it's only the battery feeding the wheels is down hill or speeds below 40 when the EV light MAY come on.

I'm no genius, I just know what I'm seeing.
Well, first off you're comparing apples to oranges in the style of the car.

Second, I consistently got over 45 in the city and really closer to 50 mpg in my kia niro. I don't understand how you don't get better in the city. The gas engine is hardly ever running on my hybrid in the city - which is WHY you get better mpg. I don't even use the gas engine maybe 20% of the time....

Either your hybrid is broken, or you must be flooring it off the line and using the gas engine much more often than you say. I never have a problem getting my best mpg in the city compared to 65-80 mph on the highway, without even trying.

Finally, This sticker could be fake for other reasons, but this would not be one of them.

tomb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford mav xl hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why is the gas mileage for low for highway? Through all the videos on you tube and the forums it was shown 40 mpg in city and at least 500 mi on a tank of gas when driven on the highway.

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m coming into this way late and don’t feel like reading thru 14 pages of mostly off topic comments. Is this legit or no? It’s a blue sticker not green!?!

Sponsored

Cactus_Kid

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Shadow Blk Mustang GT Prem A10
So on highway it will be getting about the same as the 2.0 LOL
My thought exactly. If that's the case, why bother with the hybrid ? I've got to drive 20 some miles just to get groceries and gas.

thad17

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
SoFL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I walk now
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
someone said earlier that it might take a bit for fueleconomy.gov to update. But hopefully this means that it will happen soon and we will have the oktb
Read on another thread that the EPA updates typically on Thursdays and Fridays. Take that for what it's worth...

Cactus_Kid

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Shadow Blk Mustang GT Prem A10

mrjspence

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Interestingly, Rivian's R1 100% EV truck has the same $950 annual fuel cost
(according to fueleconomy.gov)

Chris McD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My thought exactly. If that's the case, why bother with the hybrid ? I've got to drive 20 some miles just to get groceries and gas.
Why bother with the hybrid? There’s a reason why California contains a huge percentage of hybrid orders. :)
Sponsored