Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F150 Platinum, 11 BMW X5 50i, 18 VW Golf R
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
PXL_20230513_182909996_Original.jpeg
The front end got a little bit squirly picking up speed and driving behind TTs, but got them home and unloaded.
Were you able to find that bug deflector with raised center part? Please provide a link to it.
I am looking for the same and cannot find it (I heard that they were discontinued)

A2.jpg
I ordered the Aeroskin 2 from the Ford website which has the center lip but was shipped the one without the lip which is 20 dollars cheaper. Customer service refused to refund my money instead they offered a credit code to use on my next purchase. Maybe that is part of their rules when you purchase from their website but pretty shady in my my opinion. I do like the one they sent. It fits and looks pretty good on my Alto Blue Maverick. The prep pad kind of scared me a little with the white haze on the paint. I was able to get it off though.
Sponsored

Ponchsox

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered the Aeroskin 2 from the Ford website which has the center lip but was shipped the one without the lip which is 20 dollars cheaper. Customer service refused to refund my money instead they offered a credit code to use on my next purchase. Maybe that is part of their rules when you purchase from their website but pretty shady in my my opinion. I do like the one they sent. It fits and looks pretty good on my Alto Blue Maverick. The prep pad kind of scared me a little with the white haze on the paint. I was able to get it off though.
Would you recommend using isopropyl alcohol to prep instead of their prep pad?

Gottahavmav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang 5.0 6 spd.,mx-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Were you able to find that bug deflector with raised center part? Please provide a link to it.
I am looking for the same and cannot find it (I heard that they were discontinued)
The hood deflector with the bump has a (C) at the end of the part # instead of an A . a guy from Ford figured it out after I was on the phone with him. Was very helpful. At the dealership they kept getting the one without the bump until I contacted them & gave them the part # with the C at the end. They said had in the warehouse after he punched that number in
A2.jpg
The

Gottahavmav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang 5.0 6 spd.,mx-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Part # Has C at the end (for bug shield with the bump)instead if an A

Sponsored

Mtleyr1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F150 Platinum, 11 BMW X5 50i, 18 VW Golf R
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Would you recommend using isopropyl alcohol to prep instead of their prep pad?
I can't really answer that. I followed the directions which uses the supplied alcohol pads then the prep pad as the step prior to attaching it to the truck. Not sure it will attach properly without uses that prep pad. Sorry I could not give you a definitive answer.

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Versa, 2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ford Maverick πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ What did you do TO / WITH your Maverick today? IMG_2173

Took the Maverick to the drive in movie theater

KCHahn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently drive a 2001 Ford Range Edge 2WD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Set up an appointment for Monday, after dialysis, to have drop in bedliner removed, and full BedRug bedliner installed. Going to see if they'll toss the current liner in back when done. Will maybe sell, after I'm done. And then a Tuesday Dr visit, to to find out what, whenand where, for heart valve replacement! Either Femoral artery, or Open heart. Only reason I'm letting a shop do bed liner install. I won't be able to for a while!

Larrythelunatic

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Toyota Pickup. 22 IS hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Set up an appointment for Monday, after dialysis, to have drop in bedliner removed, and full BedRug bedliner installed. Going to see if they'll toss the current liner in back when done. Will maybe sell, after I'm done. And then a Tuesday Dr visit, to to find out what, whenand where, for heart valve replacement! Either Femoral artery, or Open heart. Only reason I'm letting a shop do bed liner install. I won't be able to for a while!
Keith,
Bon chance!
Keep your stick on the ice!

Sponsored

Tetochibichu

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I came in here searching for this answer. I'm livid pissed the "surface prep" pad that came with the Lund hood deflector made a mess of the paint.

I don't have Everclear in the cabinet (I'm more of a whiskey guy) lol. Any ideas of what else I could use to remove the "surface prep" without damaging the paint?
Try 70% isopropyl alcohol
I came in here searching for this answer. I'm livid pissed the "surface prep" pad that came with the Lund hood deflector made a mess of the paint.

I don't have Everclear in the cabinet (I'm more of a whiskey guy) lol. Any ideas of what else I could use to remove the "surface prep" without damaging the paint?

EDIT: I was able to take off the errant prep using 70% isopropyl alcohol and a cotton cloth. whew
I’m glad it worked out for you. Wish they had a warning to just mask off the area before using the prep pad. After going through all that, I’m thinking about removing the deflector so I can vinyl wrap the hood.

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just got back from Girl Scout camp chaperone duty. Ten 7 year olds. They possess way too much energy.

Ford Maverick πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ What did you do TO / WITH your Maverick today? 20230520_153002

joinertek

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The wife and I (both future buyers) spent about 30 minutes talking with a nice couple we happened to meet who both currently own Mavericks (and the husband's brother!). They went over all the good points and bad points and explained how everything worked and answered all of our questions. Recommended a local dealer, told us which one to stay away from, etc. The wife said the dealer she bought from put a bunch of extra stuff on her truck she didn't ask for then told her they'd charge standard shop rates to remove them! They were both really happy with their trucks (other than that) and we're both preparing ourselves for the long wait.
Sponsored