Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Thank you. I didn't know someone had made Maverick specific lowering components. Will look into it.
They were the first!
I had never heard of them before so I had to ask around

PhilM_TX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid, 2022 Tucson Hybrid AWD
Don't bother swapping out the bed light LED. Get some bed rail LED strip lights and tap them into the factory bed light. You'll thank me for it.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...ht-to-power-aftermarket-under-rail-leds.7570/
I actually have a set in my box of goodies that are awaiting installation (it's only time I need now), but I would like to have that single light as an option and for it not to be ugly (low frequency) yellow color.

Thanks for the thread link!

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I actually have a set in my box of goodies that are awaiting installation (it's only time I need now), but I would like to have that single light as an option and for it not to be ugly (low frequency) yellow color.

Thanks for the thread link!
Your factory bed light is yellow?? That's odd. Mine is white.

PhilM_TX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid, 2022 Tucson Hybrid AWD
Your factory bed light is yellow?? That's odd. Mine is white.
Not technically yellow, but the yellow hue of an incandecent bulb that is in the 3000k range vs. the more blue tone of a 6500k LED.

Sponsored

john218

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL, Mercedes C300
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had Baltic birch plywood around so I used that for the boxes. Did a little lip on the bottom to keep stuff from rolling out too easy and then sprayed with plastidip. I bought craft felt from dollar store to line the inside for dampening.

The top I used a piece of pine I had and an old yoga matt which was enough to do 3 layers, nice and soft and they don't hold moisture. Yoga matt held with spray adhesive and some staples. I did a cutout that allows me to still access usb in rear. I also glued some random soft foam all around the edges of the bench. Then pulled vinyl over and stapled down. Didn't do a great job at that but I can't even wrap a Christmas present.

Oh I rounded all the box edges so they don't scratch as easy pulling in and out.

I cut two circles out of the bench and glued the wood onto the tops of the benches so it slots down into them. I'll take some pics next time I have it out.

PXL_20220728_123731478.jpg
Well thought out. My weekend project 🤔

Superchunk

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well thought out. My weekend project 🤔
Just tried my 100+lb meremma and 80lb golden mix for the first time and they seemed totally happy. Both can lie down comfortably with room to spare.

I'm relieved because they kinda run the show and this truck is our little adventure/camping/road trip vehicle so they f the dogs made a fuss my wife would be difficult. We are doing a 10k km road trip in a month, I expect the dogs will be fine and happy.

CenTexMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: Subaru WRX, Challanger RT, RAM 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I added letters on the tailgate with a red outline. I think it turned out pretty good. Other mods that are subtle are the stubby antenna, Plasti dipped the chrome ring around the logo, molding along the side because people don't know how to get out of a car in a parking space and you can see where I added headlight tint to the brake light on the cab. Almost forgot the bumper step. A month after I got Bob the Truck, someone rolled into the back of me because their brakes were failing. No damage done, thank goodness. I added the step afterwards as a precaution.

Ford Maverick 🙋‍♂️ What did you do TO / WITH your Maverick today? PXL_20220728_172505164

Ford Maverick 🙋‍♂️ What did you do TO / WITH your Maverick today? PXL_20220728_172548298

Last edited:

Deleted member 6544

Let's see, painted my tow hooks, added the orange accent on the grill and installed switchback LED turn signal lights. Expecting my Buschur components Saturday. Oh and added a screen saver to the inside screen.

View attachment 61282

Linda B

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Lux!!!, E450 Lazy Daze Motorhome
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you paint side mirrors or are they " off the shelf" skull cap?
Please sent link if latter.
Got same color🤘

IMG_20220629_171310445_HDR~2.jpg
Body color mirrors come with XLT lux pkg

Sponsored

Linda B

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Lux!!!, E450 Lazy Daze Motorhome
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Week one (so far): Tonneau cover, tailgate assist, tie-down to replace bottle opener and LASFIT front turn signal switch backs. Put in dog rear seat cover/hammock, removed rear head rests and replaced with u-bolts to secure cover/improve rear visibility (headrests fit in frt pass seat back pocket if/when needed).
Week one (so far): Tonneau cover, tailgate assist, tie-down to replace bottle opener and LASFIT front turn signal switch backs. Put in dog rear seat cover/hammock, removed rear head rests and replaced with u-bolts to secure cover/improve rear visibility (headrests fit in frt pass seat back pocket if/when needed).
Alto, what did you use to replace the tie down? Links?

gwalton1234

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Saturn Aura
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I added letters on the tailgate with a red outline. I think it turned out pretty good. Other mods that are subtle are the stubby antenna, Plasti dipped the chrome ring around the logo, molding along the side because people don't know how to get out of a car in a parking space and you can see where I added headlight tint to the brake light on the cab. Almost forgot the bumper step. A month after I got Bob the Truck, someone rolled into the back of me because their brakes were failing. No damage done, thank goodness. I added the step afterwards as a precaution.

PXL_20220728_172505164.jpg

PXL_20220728_172548298.jpg
I dig that bumper step. Where did you get it?

kmish203

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

CenTexMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: Subaru WRX, Challanger RT, RAM 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I dig that bumper step. Where did you get it?
It was off of Amazon. There are a lot of different versions to choose from. It just slips into the trailer hitch.
Sponsored