Sponsored

sgtcurry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Palisade, Model X, Ioniq 5
Engine
Undecided
I feel really bad for everyone still going through this. I literally just picked up my maverick on 1/30 after a year waiting.
Sponsored

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Why is FORD making this so difficult for customers that are patiently waiting to get the Maverick they ordered at the price on the date the order was taken? DORA this, COVP that, I'm sorry(dealer) I don't know how to do that. How does FORD justify that the customer must do all the legwork to ensure the dealer does what FORD should mandate.
Sorry just venting, I really want my Maverick and it seems FORD doesn't want me to have one.
Because dealers are covered by their state's franchise laws which says dealers can charge whatever they want. Ford is trying to change that on their EVs but are being pushed back/sued by dealers, dealer associations, member of Congress and state legislators.

LongLivePeart2112

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Davis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Someone has to pay for the big price cuts on the Mach Es... I think we're the someones.

Last edited:

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Last night I ran a build sheet for what I would order if I could. Went to the dealer today and he built it for his paperwork and I noticed it was $500 more. He wasn't aware of the new price increase.

Put in my order deposit to get to the top of the list when 2024 orders start. Talked with the sales manager and he said the price on the order when it goes in will be honored by them even if it increases before it arrives, that unless it violates a Ford restriction I can put both the Farm Bureau and X plan against the order and that he monitors open orders every two to three days and notifies customers of any info on their order.

Now just have to play the 1 year waiting game.

Sponsored

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Effective today, all trims had a price increase of $400 and Destination and Delivery increase of $100. You should be price protected by your dealer if they COVP'd your order. The person who ordered the vehicle needs to be the person who buys it to get price protection. I would request the DORA sheet from the time you ordered from your dealers. If they don't have it, they can be reprinted by the General Sales Manager or Inventory Manager.
I thought they don’t do COVP any more.

GTBuzz

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mine was built on 1/31 so at least the window sticker on the truck should show the previous price.

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Agreed. I think it’s around $1500 for Toyota to ship all the way from Japan.
My Rav4 hybrid is shipping right now from Japan at a cost of $1,335

Ford Maverick 🔺 2023 Maverick MSRP Price Increases $400 and Destination and Delivery Increases $100 [effective 2/1/23] Rav.JPG

Dano67

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Equinox (2023 Hybrid Lariat Lux...some day)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Texted my dealer (who is also the owner and a 30+ year friend of the family) and he confirmed I'm price protected. Whew...and interest rates went up again today.

UberGadgetFreak

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good for you but bad that the rest of their customers will get taken for a ride. Shame on them.
I agree. I've been unusually lucky with them but sucks others will get the shaft. :(

Sponsored

Ac1030

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Altima, 2001 4Runner
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Rav4 hybrid is shipping right now from Japan at a cost of $1,335

Rav.JPG
I was actually looking at getting a hybrid AWD Rav4 but it’s a little out of my price range. But if my maverick doesn’t get built this year I’ll probably jump ship and go for a Taco or Rav4. Pretty soon an XLT hybrid with no options will be over 30k if prices keep going up like this.

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anything at or above XLT barebone is already more expensive than the 2023 ranger
From what I've read online the estimated basic MY24 Ranger XL will start at around $30k and go up from there to $50k in higher trims. I don't put a lot of faith in internet predictions, but who knows, nothing surprises me much anymore. We've gotten to the point to where the average middle class family is hard pressed to afford a decent sized/optioned family vehicle. About like a mortgage, really sad IMO.

KSC Grey Ghost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
From what I've read online the estimated basic MY24 Ranger XL will start at around $30k and go up from there to $50k in higher trims. I don't put a lot of faith in internet predictions, but who knows, nothing surprises me much anymore. We've gotten to the point to where the average middle class family is hard pressed to afford a decent sized/optioned family vehicle. About like a mortgage, really sad IMO.
You are so right it seems like before to soon there will be only two classes of people in America the rich and the POOR here in Tennessee they still have not raised the minimum wage I believe it's 7.25 or 7.50 an hour and employers take advantage of that. ☹👎 . Imagine trying to raise a family on that can you say poverty. I tried to find it but I could not find the exact statement but the original Henry Ford made a statement like this if you have a good job you can afford a model T . Maybe some of you know what I'm talking about whatever happened to that Mr Farley . I love this country but in the 67 years I have been alive I sure have seen it go well I can't say what I want to but it seems like we are going downhill so fast . What the hell happened. ??? ❤🇺🇸🤔☹🤥😥. Many, Many years ago there was a commercial with a NATIVE AMERICAN INDIAN in it and the jest of the commercial was how sad this country had become with pollution and he had a single tear coming down his right cheek so SAD but so TRUE but Now for the all of AMERICA😥🇺🇸

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Anything at or above XLT barebone is already more expensive than the 2023 ranger
Really? Let's see the numbers.
Sponsored