2.5L Hybrid

davis1d0

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2021 Expedition, 1993 T-bird
Tjmse, I totally agree, I feel like they aren't doing the northern states for some reason.
I might add on the couple things I wanted but didn't order just to get an early date. Looks like we won't get it until next year now.
I’m in WI and got my build date today.

AUsomTiger

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1, 2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Any idea what they mean by allocations and how do I find out how many they have?
I'm not 100% how Ford does it but usually the dealer gets X amount of Mavericks per month or scheduling cycle based on some sales metric. Your dealer should be able to tell you your position relative to their number of orders and their allocation. If you are in a good position, then constraints and the nebulous scheduling algorithm of Ford comes into play.

The variability in all this is what bothers a lot of folks as a hybrid XL order made yesterday gets picked up for production (this happened) and others have been waiting since the order banks opened up.

Portcqb

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Any idea what they mean by allocations and how do I find out how many they have?
Ford gives dealers a monthly max number of mavericks they can have scheduled. Its based on region, total orders, and how many Ford plans to build in the month. Some dealers haven't had allocations since they didn't have many orders and other dealers have had 100s and got some of the limited allocations. Like Ford planned to build 2700 in November which was less than 1 per dealer spread across. This is where the issue is say someone at your dealer ordered a hybrid in June and you ordered an Ecoboost Monday if Ford wanted the Ecoboost and the dealer had an allocation you would get pulled.

Sponsored

Olldladieslovemavericksto

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ellen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outlander Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford gives dealers a monthly max number of mavericks they can have scheduled. Its based on region, total orders, and how many Ford plans to build in the month. Some dealers haven't had allocations since they didn't have many orders and other dealers have had 100s and got some of the limited allocations. Like Ford planned to build 2700 in November which was less than 1 per dealer spread across. This is where the issue is say someone at your dealer ordered a hybrid in June and you ordered an Ecoboost Monday if Ford wanted the Ecoboost and the dealer had an allocation you would get pulled.
Thank you, I wish the dealer could have explained this to me. Sure makes a little more sense. Thanks again

NewBernWolf

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great to see all the Lariat Lux Hybrids. That’s my build in Alto Blue order date 6/14. Still waiting…

Anyone know if floor mats are a constraint? I can easily remove those if so.
My hybrid was ordered with the all-weather floormats. As of today, it's scheduled for 11/22.

Portcqb

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thank you, I wish the dealer could have explained this to me. Sure makes a little more sense. Thanks again
Yah its not a great system its supposed to spread out the builds among dealers more fairly, but it leaves lots of orders feeling skipped over when either dealers don't get allocations or have orders that don't match what Ford wants to build. It would be better if Ford just did a FIFO system even if you skip an early order due to constraints when the constraint cleared it could go back to being pulled first.

Olldladieslovemavericksto

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ellen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outlander Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yah its not a great system its supposed to spread out the builds among dealers more fairly, but it leaves lots of orders feeling skipped over when either dealers don't get allocations or have orders that don't match what Ford wants to build. It would be better if Ford just did a FIFO system even if you skip an early order due to constraints when the constraint cleared it could go back to being pulled first.
Absolutely, it isn't logical to me how they do it. I can never understand why they don't do FIFO.

Sponsored

Exhibus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Corolla, 2006 Solara, 2017 NC750X DCT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Yanik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S5
XLT, Hybrid, Carbonized Grey with 400w/110v cabin plug
Sept 13 Ordered and Confirmation by email
Sept 16 Production Confirmation for November 8
Sept 23 Added 4-pin hitch receiver [risky move, I know!]
Production status unknown!
Sept 30 Production bumped to Nov 15 (email at 9:12PM PST)

Overall not too bad!

RM83

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Ford Mustang GT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Base Hybrid, no add-ons. Build date 11/15. Didn't receive and email. I got my VIN from my sales lady.