First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You set on the Explorer or also thinking about the F150 ?
Explorer. Got too good of a deal. 3.9% for 72 on a Limited. Can't take delivery today due to recall. But done deal.
Sponsored

Mareth

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
sawgrass!! 🤙🏼🤙🏼

I hoping to receive it later this month. You’ll be there soon too!
Glad to see another Sawgrass customer! They're honestly the best dealer I've worked with. MSRP + no dealer fees. Can't beat that!

I'll see you on the road sometime this summer! :cool:

Ragtime Billy Peaches

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 f250 Crew Diesel 4x4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Explorer. Got too good of a deal. 3.9% for 72 on a Limited. Can't take delivery today due to recall. But done deal.
Excellent,,, You will be happy with it. It is much more of a family vehicle, you can always pick up a used maverick in 3 or 4 years if you need it.

dusty1787

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick EB Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

So you going with an Explorer? Year/trim? And you going to stick with that, or trade it in whenever Maverick gets built, or you going to drop your order for the Maverick?

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So you going with an Explorer? Year/trim? And you going to stick with that, or trade it in whenever Maverick gets built, or you going to drop your order for the Maverick?
MY22 Limited.

Maverick order still exists. We'll see what the dealer offers on the Escape. We get right of first refusal on the Maverick order.

Ford Maverick 📬 3/16/23 Scheduling Email Received Group [EMAILS NOW ARRIVING] 20230316_183435

Sponsored

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

No, I haven't been evaluating other options this evening...

Interestingly enough, the salesmen I spoke to both expressed exasperation with Ford's scheduling process.

20230316_183452.jpg
DONT JUMP YET BOB!

frogdor

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element with Hybrid XLT on order
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This has probably been asked many times but is it a given that if I received a 45 day email today then I am not going to get a scheduling email? Thanks
I got the usual "dear john" from Ford yesterday followed by an email saying I'm sheduled about 2 hours later the same day. Even got a VIN#. This order is for an XLT Hybrid w/ luxury package, cactus grey, no other options. Originally ordered 9/15/22. Seems I gor lucky.

jahl

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Fun fact: MY22 Explorer and F-150 have 3.9% for 72 months right now. I may end up paying less for the $10,000 more expensive Explorer than I may end up paying for the Maverick.
Man your salesman is working you good. Assuming he is the source of such nonsense.

Loan A: $30k at 10% = total cost $38,244.68
Loan B: $40k at 1% = total cost $41,024.99

There is no way that you would even come close to "paying less" for a $10,000 more expensive vehicle. I believe the scientific term for this dealer math is "mumbo jumbo".

Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'll bury this here.

I went to the dealership this morning after my salesman shot me an estimated out the door price when he said they wanted to look at my trade. Given I was only expecting $500 on it to begin with, I said sure. While they evaluated the trade, we took the Explorer out for a quick spin and we talked Maverick. As previously stated, they are absolutely dumbfounded as to why Ford simply isn't delivering them to retail customers. They also completely understood my situation of needing something.

When we got back, I got the expected $500 offer for my Saturn and they gave me the current out the door price, which included an additional $1,500 trade rebate and the $500 I put down on the Maverick. I then went to do the financing paperwork (having already been approved by this point) while my salesman went to fill up the tank.

However, as I was doing the paperwork, the salesman came in and said there is a stop-delivery recall. The 360 degree camera needs to be reprogrammed and it is considered a safety feature. I was given two options:
  1. Pick out another Explorer that wasn't under recall.
  2. They'll give me a rental until it is fixed.
So, I now have a MY23 F-150 XLT Heritage Edition in my driveway because the Explorer I bought because my Maverick wouldn't get scheduled needs to be fixed. 🤦‍♂️

I decided to have fun with my family by not sharing those details until they saw it. It was fun.

But shoutout to Long-Lewis River Region in Prattville, AL. They are literally loaning me a truck at an expense more than the car I drove to the lot! And they have been very up front and clear throughout the entire process. I never once felt like I was being taken for a ride, unlike the last dealership I worked with. They are even keeping the Maverick order open and I have the right to turn it down first, but they said they plan to make an offer on the Escape if it means I'll still buy it. But if I don't, they don't expect it to linger.

PhilSmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 VW Routan,2007 Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I see a VIN in my online account, but no email - am I getting my hopes up too much? Or is this for real on literally day #500?

VIN 3FTTW8E3XPRA48xxx
Last Updated 03/16/2023

And is 48xxx what I think it means, like 5-6 thousand vehicles behind others I see posted here?

Just got a call from the dealer (2:20 pm 3/17/2023) NO EMAIL FROM FORD
3FTTW8E37PRA421XX
scheduled week of 5/23
2023 Lariat Hybrid
Lux Pkg
Copilot 360 Assist
Cactus Gray

MM Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Luxury w/CP360 + CP360A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@commadorebob glad you have something newer in your driveway, though how ironic it is not the vehicle you purchased.
Any idea how long it will take them to correct the camera issue?
It's fantastic to hear Long-Lewis River Region is taking good care of you after your extended wait time.
What color is your new explorer?

danlanier

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
  • ⏰ Thu, Mar 16, 11:31 AM
  • 📅 week of May 22, 2023
  • 🔢 3FTTW8E31PRA454XX
  • 🛻 Blue XL Hybrid
  • 📍 SE Georgia
  • 🗓 Sept 20, 2022
  • 🕺 Metter Ford
This email shocked me, I was totally expecting it to be the plain jane "dear john" letter but instead it contained a VIN and build date.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@commadorebob glad you have something newer in your driveway, though how ironic it is not the vehicle you purchased.
Any idea how long it will take them to correct the camera issue?
It's fantastic to hear Long-Lewis River Region is taking good care of you after your extended wait time.
What color is your new explorer?
They said the problem was the software fix wasn't actually fixing it and Ford could deliver a new version today or two weeks from now. They only things I was told was to limit the F-150 to 5,000 miles (not a problem) and to make sure the gas level was exactly the same; no more, no less. Otherwise, zero cost rental.

The Explorer is grey. It's the one I've been sharing in pics.
Sponsored