First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 toyota trd pro 4Runner
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Have two 23 orders. 1 xlt hybrid, 1 lariat hybrid. Might as well roll the dice into 24 and see if 24 is my lucky year or maybe it will be 25.

shark978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
canyon
Engine
Undecided
Well, my choice was pay an extra few grand to get a truck off the lot in 2022 or buy an interim vehicle, wait at least 1.5 years (and counting) and pay more at MSRP for the exact same vehicle. I don't feel idiotic.

My take is that Ford set their original (completely aribitrary) MSRP lower than market demand pricing either by miscalculation or to stir interest for the small truck market. Some buyers were lucky enough to take advantage. Now that Ford knows what the truck is "worth" to buyers (and are confident of demand), they're correcting. No one in this scenario did anything wrong. It's working exactly how a free, capitalist market is designed to operate--for good or for bad.

while you are correct, you're also not accounting for inflation here. which has greatly worsened the past 2-3 yrs. the price of every other truck has also skyrocketed. lightning ev's start at 80k more or less etc. avg new car price is now 48k i believe. when i started looking 2-3 yrs ago you could get a new base extended cab ranger or colorado for 20-23k. thats laughable now. They've elimated the extended cab and start ~30k. You do get way more truck than my old 08 Canyon single cab I daily drive I'll admit, but prices aren't cutting us any breaks. prices on trucks have roughly doubled imo, even if they probably havent technically doubled.

Maverick isn't meant to be X price, it just needs to be cheaper than other trucks. when all the other trucks go up which they have, mav can increase it's price and maintain it's relative position. Which a AWD Mav at 27k, a 4WD lowest trim 23 Colorado runs about 35k based on my build and price. I'm sure that's not exact apples to apples of course.

and it's going to stay this way or get worse imo, the debt is 32 trillion and just the interest on that debt is now 600 billion, almost as much as we spend on defense. the only way out is print print print. all our free stuff we're going to pay for one way or another, better believe that.

Last edited:

Sponsored

BoricuaBeautyx

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tatiana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Azure Grey. How much different than Area 51. ( Which is a much cooler name)
Forget about a new, innovative color. How about Area 51, but GREY? Absolutely brillant. Truly a feat in thinking capacity.

Ford Maverick 📣 2024 Maverick ordering & changes info! Price increases, new Terrain & Azure Gray colors, product changes, etc. 1688267641643

TylerDurden

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mercury Marauder & 2002 Ford Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm confused here and surprised no one else noticed this but wasn't Alto Blue only a 2022 color? I thought it was replaced with my color, Atlas Blue Metallic, so it being cancelled isn't new. Did they mean to say that Atlas Blue Metallic is no longer an optional color for 2024?

Ranch

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Marverick FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm confused here and surprised no one else noticed this but wasn't Alto Blue only a 2022 color? I thought it was replaced with my color, Atlas Blue Metallic, so it being cancelled isn't new. Did they mean to say that Atlas Blue Metallic is no longer an optional color for 2024?
Velocity Blue was 2022 only and was replaced by Atlas Blue in 2023.

Kingfish

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

while you are correct, you're also not accounting for inflation here. which has greatly worsened the past 2-3 yrs. the price of every other truck has also skyrocketed. lightning ev's start at 80k more or less etc. avg new car price is now 48k i believe. when i started looking 2-3 yrs ago you could get a new base extended cab ranger or colorado for 20-23k. thats laughable now. They've elimated the extended cab and start ~30k. You do get way more truck than my old 08 Canyon single cab I daily drive I'll admit, but prices aren't cutting us any breaks. prices on trucks have roughly doubled imo, even if they probably havent technically doubled.

Maverick isn't meant to be X price, it just needs to be cheaper than other trucks. when all the other trucks go up which they have, mav can increase it's price and maintain it's relative position. Which a AWD Mav at 27k, a 4WD lowest trim 23 Colorado runs about 35k based on my build and price. I'm sure that's not exact apples to apples of course.

and it's going to stay this way or get worse imo, the debt is 32 trillion and just the interest on that debt is now 600 billion, almost as much as we spend on defense. the only way out is print print print. all our free stuff we're going to pay for one way or another, better believe that.
Oh for sure, recent inflation has "risen all boats." Ford's choice to bring Maverick's pricing more in line with the rest of their fleet (the part of the equation I referenced) is just one piece of the price raising story. And as long as large corporations continue to take advantage of "inflation" to turn record profits, we'll all continue to pay.

Sponsored

Shay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why would they get rid of Area 51? That's such a popular color! (I would know, just look at my avatar 😏) A lot of Mavericks, Broncos, and Bronco Sports I see around here are that color because it's so unique, easy to maintain, and a no charge option. The Azure Grey looks too similar to be a replacement which is why they should've just kept Area 51 in the first place!
Because Azure Gray will be attractive to the same buyers as Area 51 but they will now be charging a premium price for the popular shade. ;)

Hardening2753

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The base hybrid gets a 25% price hike over two years.

It seemed underpriced in the beginning. Glad I got one back then.
I got scheduled for my 23. I feel for 24 orders, I feel that it will only get worse from here

PA-Homesteader

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Hope the Terrain color is on the XL model, because that is what I’m ordering!!

Im thinking it will be because if not. There is only black, white, catcus grey, & Atlas blue on the XL trim

RZ2O16

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Pilot EX & 2020 Subaru Outback Premium
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

M
I don't think it will look much different but I think maybe we will see an AWD hybrid, sync 4, some changes to the interior maybe fog lights.
I can believe that.

pigsareus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Guess I'll just be waiting to see if they ever bother to offer an AWD hybrid for my wife. Maybe when the refresh year rolls around. 🤷‍♂️

Till then we'll just enjoy my Tremor.
they have no incentive to offer that in the near future, they're already booked w/ hybrids. By the time they even think about doing that, years down the road, the price would have skyrocketed about 35K. AWD is great if you need it more than just occasionally - here in the midwest the FWD mav works fine in slippery mode in the occasional snows
Sponsored