First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I originally wanted the FWD with 2.0 plus 4k tow, but when I heard the long delay for the FWD I went to AWD. I don't think Ford gives $2,200 customer cash gifts for wanting and being proactive.
I meant I really don't think one will get it if they ordered the AWD plus 4k all along. However, my original want was FWD to keep the cost down... if Ford did slap the #2,200 on all VIN's with 2.0 and 4k tow that would be great, but also very expensive for them.
Sponsored

Ron

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That is exactly what this is offer is for. People that ordered the FWD and 4k tow prior To Aug 19th (I think) but were then informed they had to upgrade to AWD to get the 4k tow. Ask your dealer to add MAVERICK AWD/TOW PKG CUSTOMER SATISFACTION PRIVATE OFFER (#38274).

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I meant I really don't think one will get it if they ordered the AWD plus 4k all along. However, my original want was FWD to keep the cost down... if Ford did slap the #2,200 on all VIN's with 2.0 and 4k tow that would be great, but also very expensive for them.
Seems to me that could be considered the cost of doing business, just like any recall or mass production issue (Bronco roofs anyone?).

To correct this ship, what really should be done is to give credit all tow package purchases through X-date (like today, the announcement date). Cut the cost of the AWD for those early buyers to $1,200 (or some similar/alternate version - see below!) and give the FWD/4k the option to get the same discounted AWD cost. This would acknowledge the issue, and also that many AWD/4K buyers made that choice after critically considering the options, and deciding the AWD/4K was the best route.

Unfortunately I noticed in the forum's main order tracking document that we only tracked engine type (Hybrid/EB) but not FWD/AWD. There are some breakdowns that give us clues to the possible scope of 4K tow package orders!

We have about a 1:2 EB to Hybrid order ratio. Let's say Ford has 30,000 confirmed builds lined up as of today. That means 10,000 are for a 2.0 Ecoboost build. We also know that 27% of contributors to the tracker indicated they ordered the tow package!

That means that if Ford has 30,000 orders, just 2,700 of them include the 4k package give or take (27% of the 10,000 EB orders). This is the point where we start guessing - we don't have any polls on AWD or FWD that are just for the 2.0. I suspect that the # of FWD/4K orders is well below 50% of the total 4K orders. I think I'd be generous to say 35%, which would put the total of FWD/4K orders right at 1,000 (I wouldn't be surprised if it were half that).

If 1,000 FWD/4K orders have been in the system, the cost is $2.22 Million (@MSRP). What does it cost Ford? maybe a quarter of that.

Now lets say that instead of just blanket paying for AWD for those 1,000 orders, they offer:

- A discount of the cost of the tow package - $495
- A credit for $500 towards accessories

To all 4k package buyers. Already ordered this? Great! Have to make a change to your order? You're still getting a 1-time discount. Cost - $2.7 Million (again this is @MSRP, cost to Ford is much less, they concede the mistake, but instead of giving benefit to 1/3 of the tow package buyers, it is a fair benefit to all 4k buyers).

I see a lot of negativity in this thread. Being an AWD/4K buyer myself I get it. But this is brand new news, so we'll see if Ford makes any additional changes to the communications in the near term.

...Maybe Ford should've just pulled a Hyundai and had a concierge 'guide' us all to our 'similar' builds, just never build the FWD/4k trucks and shoulder shrug it off a year from now? :unsure:🤣

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
If this turns out to be true this great news for us! On 6/23 we placed an order for the an XLT FWD with 4K and then in August had to switch over to AWD even though Ford had approved our order and we signed the DORA.

I texted my sales rep earlier today about this and haven't heard back yet so something tells me this may have some merit to it. Usually he is very prompt in getting back to me.

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
So wait, people are upset now, when they are getting exactly what they ordered for the price they agreed on?

People who ordered tow pack and FWD were forced to change orders and this is Fords way of saying "sorry, we screwed up".

But by all means, cancel your orders, means we get to move up in line :p
Exactly!

Sponsored

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I actually think its kind of a nice thing of Ford to do, but some of the doofuses on this forum want to start some self entitled social media panic campaign against them for it... Some people never fail to make it about themselves.

Ajm

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
I meet the requirements for this.

If my dealer mentions it, I may consider it. If they don't, I'm good. No real desire for AWD.

breeves

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge
Has anyone confirmed that this is for real? I've reached out to my dealer (Brandon Ford) and crickets. Ford customer service wasn't aware of any offers but it seems they aren't always the first to know.

Sponsored

Brsbill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 sta
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It says reorder, respec does that mean a longer wait. What about already built 2wd 4k. Do they add a extended warranty?

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
There is no such thing as an already built Maverick with FWD and 4K package. It was late availability from the beginning so none of them were built or as it seams were ever going to be built.

It's vaporware bro.

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
I actually think its kind of a nice thing of Ford to do, but some of the doofuses on this forum want to start some self entitled social media panic campaign against them for it... Some people never fail to make it about themselves.
Perhaps but I think it's more of a "Covering our ass' against a class action lawsuit" type of thing. Ford sold one thing to its customers then two months later said "Sorry our bad you either have to spend $2K+ more or drop the option we said you could have."

That's a bait and switch bro.

JibbersCrabst

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Focus ST, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Oh that's cool. I was originally going to order the 4K package but heard about it only being on the AWD model so I changed my order. My truck is already scheduled, thanks Ford. 😤
Sponsored