breeves

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge
Just heard from my dealer confirming the announcement:

" Bill thank you for reaching out. Yes Ford sent an announcement today to dealers regarding modifying FWD orders with tow packages to AWD. We are awaiting some final details from Ford before processing these changes for our customers. We will reach out next week to confirm your changes and the process. Our team is on this. "
Sponsored

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'll take my chances with those you want to consider "knowledgeable". I've been in marketing for 30+ years, including having Ford as one of my many auto clients for most of that 30 years and understand the "reality" of what can happen when you make a poor business decision. I also understand the "reality" of what companies will do if they see a poor reaction of that decision from their customers. So I think I'll consider your advise for what it's worth, but thanks anyway.
Then we have similar backgrounds. I have been in marketing since the mid 70's. Worked for the Fisher Body Div. of GM. Started my own company. Went to grad school in (87 UT Austin) after finishing my MBA was offered Ph.D. free ride with stipend by the Marketing Dept, Management Dept, and the Advertising Dept.

Show me a company that has not made a "bad business decision" at some point. The good companies correct their "bad decision" early on. Seems like you are no longer on their payroll for what ever reason. When you say ford do you mean a dealer ship or FOMOCO - there is a big difference. But you need to stop crying in your soup and put on your big boy pants.

Knowledge is good, wisdom is better. FORD DID THE RIGHT THING - WHY DOES IT BOTHER YOU!!!

breeves

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge
Oh, but the lack of that knowledge does warrant a bonus? That is the type of thinking that is ruining our educational system. The less you know, the more free shit you are "entitled" to, right?
I don't know much of anything about towing and I guess that makes me ignorant at least with regards to towing. I'm recently retired and thought I might like to try camping in some form. I did rely on the people developing and manufacturing the vehicle by assuming (yeah, I know) that if they offered the configuration that it was a viable one.
While I'm happy to have received the offer I never once felt 'entitled'. Were the shoe on the other foot, if you'll pardon the cliche, I'd probably be pissed. I just wouldn't be making broad generalizations about those that did get it as so many are doing in this forum.

teamsauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang
Hmmmm, when the phone's not ringing that's her not getting back to you, or my dealer not getting back to me either. I just think they're overwhelmed and don't know how to pivot to this new world ordering system, which is the future of how we're, mostly, gonna order new vehicles.
I've spoken with them quite a bit at this point now. I don't write about each experience, but just to button this up I was told that they wouldn't know exactly until it arrives and they run the incentives report. I trust them and that they will honor the offer. It was made for the exact situation I am in.

edit: from what I am seeing in others responses it looks like there will be some final details coming from Ford before the dealerships officially reach out to the customer.

Sponsored

AngeloInSC

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't know much of anything about towing and I guess that makes me ignorant at least with regards to towing. I'm recently retired and thought I might like to try camping in some form. I did rely on the people developing and manufacturing the vehicle by assuming (yeah, I know) that if they offered the configuration that it was a viable one.
While I'm happy to have received the offer I never once felt 'entitled'. Were the shoe on the other foot, if you'll pardon the cliche, I'd probably be pissed. I just wouldn't be making broad generalizations about those that did get it as so many are doing in this forum.
In my usage of ignorant, it was not meant as derogatory term as the word has evolved into. I am also ignorant about many things. We can't all know everything. In this case, I understand many depending on a dealer for guidance, but my point, although maybe a little to blunt, those in the know, should not be penalized (or left out) for that knowledge.

JamesHenry

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Fit, 2019 Honda Odyssey
Knowledge is good, wisdom is better. FORD DID THE RIGHT THING - WHY DOES IT BOTHER YOU!!!
If you fail to see why people would feel a bit jaded that they are paying $2200 for something that others are getting free, there really isn't anything to discuss. On the flipside, if someone cannot see why Ford would comp the AWD for those that originally ordered the FWD+4K tow package... oof. Just to be clear, I feel Ford is doing the right thing by offering the upgrade for free for those that ordered FWD+4K Tow Package. That was their screw up and good on them to make it right.

The reality is that Ford is in a no-win situation. They are accommodating a small minority at the expense of angering the majority that is now wondering why they are paying the AWD+4K Tow Package premium. The optimal remedy for those who opted for AWD+4K Tow Package while the FWD+4K Package was available would be to give the customer some free FordBucks™ that they can put towards Ford Accessories. 🤷‍♂️

You even said it yourself: "BUT, in the eyes of honest people it garners goodwill. Goodwill can lead to brand loyalty, Brand Loyalty means future purchases of Ford products."

EggSalad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equinox and Focus
If you fail to see why people would feel a bit jaded that they are paying $2200 for something that others are getting free, there really isn't anything to discuss. On the flipside, if someone cannot see why Ford would comp the AWD for those that originally ordered the FWD+4K tow package... oof. Just to be clear, I feel Ford is doing the right thing by offering the upgrade for free for those that ordered FWD+4K Tow Package. That was their screw up and good on them to make it right.

The reality is that Ford is in a no-win situation. They are accommodating a small minority at the expense of angering the majority that is now wondering why they are paying the AWD+4K Tow Package premium. The optimal remedy for those who opted for AWD+4K Tow Package while the FWD+4K Package was available would be to give the customer some free FordBucks™ that they can put towards Ford Accessories. 🤷‍♂️

You even said it yourself: "BUT, in the eyes of honest people it garners goodwill. Goodwill can lead to brand loyalty, Brand Loyalty means future purchases of Ford products."
Completely agree with this!

OP
OP
coolhip33

coolhip33

First Name
Colleen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick FWD w/tow pkg
Just heard from my dealer confirming the announcement:

" Bill thank you for reaching out. Yes Ford sent an announcement today to dealers regarding modifying FWD orders with tow packages to AWD. We are awaiting some final details from Ford before processing these changes for our customers. We will reach out next week to confirm your changes and the process. Our team is on this. "
I received a new summary order from Ford at 11:42am yesterday; 30 mins after I emailed my dealer back confirming to proceed with changing my order to AWD with the customer satisfaction offer.

At 7:30am this morning I received the production email and I am scheduled for the week of November 15th! woo hoo!

Sponsored
OP
OP
coolhip33

coolhip33

First Name
Colleen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick FWD w/tow pkg
coolhip33

Wow! You are right on top of this:p
Actually I think my dealer is right on top of this. 🙂

So for anyone that has dealers that are telling them "more info later" or "next week" ... hogwash.

If my dealer could get it done with a few clicks in the ordering system, so can yours.

teamsauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang
Actually I think my dealer is right on top of this. 🙂

So for anyone that has dealers that are telling them "more info later" or "next week" ... hogwash.

If my dealer could get it done with a few clicks in the ordering system, so can yours.
Would you mind sharing your revised order form? I'm looking to send over another email to my contact at the dealership and it would be handy to have proof that someone has had this change made to their order. Of course block out your personal info.

catinthebathtub

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
haas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 GT 350, 60 VW, 34 pickup and porsches....
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
a question for you guys in the know.
i made a reservation 9/1 that included FWD with the tow package. i then found the forums. that is when i first saw no tow pack with FWD. i then spoke with the dealer that contacted me and he suggested i re-submit my reservation without tow package. i put a deposit down and have a scheduled build date of 11/1.
am i eligible for the AWD upgrade?

OP
OP
coolhip33

coolhip33

First Name
Colleen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick FWD w/tow pkg
a question for you guys in the know.
i made a reservation 9/1 that included FWD with the tow package. i then found the forums. that is when i first saw no tow pack with FWD. i then spoke with the dealer that contacted me and he suggested i re-submit my reservation without tow package. i put a deposit down and have a scheduled build date of 11/1.
am i eligible for the AWD upgrade?
I think if you have paperwork that shows you originally ordered the FWD with 4k then you should try to get the offer.
Sponsored