Sponsored

Factory Tires Sizes & Wheels Specs For 2022 Maverick: Width, Offset, Bolt Pattern, Center Bore, Thread Size, Weight

Jim graham

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm pretty sure the bolt size is 14x1.5. Anyone out there to verify this! Tks Jim
Sponsored

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So searching all over, and this thread is the best result so far, but it seems like no one yet knows what the wheel/tire package weights are for the various Maverick factory options yet, is that right?

If they are all on the porky side, that could help me decide which trim to pick as I might then upgrade my own.

I found out on the SC forum for example that the OEM 20" wheel/tire combination is 64lbs, which if the tire specs online are right sets the wheel+TPMS+wheel weights at 33lbs, big old porker! Anyone gotten theirs on a scale yet?

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So searching all over, and this thread is the best result so far, but it seems like no one yet knows what the wheel/tire package weights are for the various Maverick factory options yet, is that right?
KingRanchero gave some rough numbers although there's 3 different aluminum 17" wheels and 2 18".

18" wheels come in at 25.9 lbs, 17" wheels at 23.3 lbs. Tires vary, but are usually around 25 lbs.

Sponsored

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can anyone explain the availability of the Falken AT tire & the black painted wheel? Dealer is claiming this a First Edition option only, and a non-First Edition Lariat has to take the machined pocket wheels if you want the Falkens, or the black wheels with Pirelli's. Ford build & price seems to allow this combo (black wheel & Falken) on non-First Edition, but I know it has had errors before. Anyone else experience this?

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I really like the way these tires look 245/65/R17 Falken Wildpeak A/T -

Mav2Scamp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat FX4 4K tow,19 CRV EX-L
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I hope they change from Pirelli. You might be fine in the sunshine state, but they are garbage in snow. They handle wet and dry okay, look good, but are ice skates in the frozen stuff. I am planning on switching them out immediately. I didn't get AWD FX4 to slide around this winter. Hate spending the money but Falken and Cooper make some really good A/T tires that aren't horrible price wise, plus I may jump up to the 235 from the 225. Add some beef and height.
According the the Maverick configurator you can upgrade from the 225 to the 235 at no extra cost if you get the FX4 package. That wasn’t an option in the configurator when I ordered my truck and since it’s been shipped I’m stuck paying the extra $795. Make the change and see what happens it won’t cost you anything.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
According the the Maverick configurator you can upgrade from the 225 to the 235 at no extra cost if you get the FX4 package. That wasn’t an option in the configurator when I ordered my truck and since it’s been shipped I’m stuck paying the extra $795. Make the change and see what happens it won’t cost you anything.
The Build & Price tool will let you do that, but it's a known erroneous configuration. The dealer's own ordering tool won't actually allow that. You need to get the upgraded, machined-face 17" wheels.

Sponsored

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Too late for me. Kind of sucks, wasn’t an option when I ordered and my truck was supposedly built this past Friday

Mav2Scamp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat FX4 4K tow,19 CRV EX-L
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Build & Price tool will let you do that, but it's a known erroneous configuration. The dealer's own ordering tool won't actually allow that. You need to get the upgraded, machined-face 17" wheels.
I know first hand about the dealer configurator, it told me that I could not get the 4K and the FX4 packages together. I later had to change my order after I’d been scheduled. Maybe the dealer configurator works like the online configurator, after you select the tires it ask you if you want the rim upgrade, if you say no it will still give you the tires. It’s a shot in the dark but it’s better than having Pirelli tires.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Okay, I going to say this publicly, "I have NEVER purchased aftermarket wheels" for any of the vehicles I have ever owned. I've always wanted to, but never have.

So, I really want to buy black wheels for my new Maverick whenever it arrives. I am totally clueless how to buy them. I can't find wheels that are an exact match to the stock wheels. So if having to change wheel size will I have to buy new tires as well? If so, how do I find out what size tires I'll need?

I would like to use the stock tires. I saw where one of the guy's on the forum he got credit for his stock tires. I have never heard of trading them in before and don't know much about this.

So, where can I go to find wheel size and tire size I'll need to once I find a wheel I like?

I went to Tire Rack and found these: https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Whe...erick+Hybrid&autoYear=2022&autoModClar=Lariat

I guess they'll fit on the Maverick since I selected the year, make, model of the Maverick But I don't know about stock tires or will I need to trade/buy a new different size? How do you tell?

I need help!!!! 🥺

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I guess they'll fit on the Maverick since I selected the year, make, model of the Maverick But I don't know about stock tires or will I need to trade/buy a new different size? How do you tell?
You can continue to use the stock tires on those wheels. Most critical is that the wheel diameters are the same. Wheel width is a bit more flexible. In any case, you're fine with these 18"x8".

Those are nice looking wheels, but as I've posted before, I don't like wheels that have two sets of lug holes (notice that wheel has 10 holes). There are 5 holes at the bolt circle diameter for your Mav, and a second set at a different diameter. This is so they can sell one wheel for two different applications. But I find it annoying when doing a wheel swap (I change twice a year; summer/winter tires). I will buy only wheels with a single set of lug holes.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Also check TireBuyer for wheels as they have some good budget choices for folks looking <$200. They don't have the Maverick listed so you need to look up by a Bronco Sport. I was looking at getting the Platinum Retributions they offer before going with the Voxx Monte elsewhere.
Sponsored