First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid, Ford Fusion Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've searched through everything I can find in this forum but have not found an answer to my concern. My Mav has just finished 'BUILD' so I'll have it in a few weeks (hopefully). I had a MY22 order that was scheduled with a VIN# last fall so I bought a set of steel wheels and winter tires to be prepared for when the truck arrived. In never got produced and was rolled to MY23. When I bought the wheels/tires I didn't know much about wheel offset, but have found out since then that the stock steel wheels are 37.5 offset. I had read that it makes sense to go to 17" wheels for winter tires, so that's what I had ordered. Unfortunately, these wheels have a 52 offset. I'm trying to figure out if the 17' wheels with the 52 offset will clear the brake calipers and the wheel struts. These wheels came from Tire Rack, and they said they would fit.

So the question: is anyone running 17" wheels with a 52 offset on your Mav? Thanks for your insight.
Sponsored

OP
OP
mktmgrjrm

mktmgrjrm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid, Ford Fusion Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Bump for any response.

TopGun22

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
TopGun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SONATA GL Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What did you end up going with for tires & rims ?

I ran your numbers and it should be 15mm difference and I've hear of others using rims with 52 ET.

If anyone knows the max spacing difference, please enlighte us.

Ford Maverick Wheels for Winter Tires - Increased Offset Screenshot_20230524-153526_Samsung Internet

The combo I want is 18x8 ET 45.... this would be 21mm closer inside the wheel.

Is 21mm too much for the Maverick ?

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have bought several wheel winter tire combos from tirerack. if they don't fit CALL tirerack they will fix it for you. I have no clue about them fitting or not. BUT I am sure tire rack will make it right if they dont.
Sponsored