First Name
Stevie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT, Hybrid, White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hello: My first post here. Much respect to the intel, wisdom, experiences, and attempts to answer questions that Ford should be articulating. Question: I got my confirmation order email at 1:15 am on 9/16… white, XLT, Hybrid. Might this build fall under or fall close to the ‘fleet’ statement? I didn’t really want white but I thought it could get built faster as nearly all service/fleet vehicles in SoCal are white. The games we have to play. Thanks.

Christenhildebrandt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Christen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If Ford has maintained their EB ratio, it means a lot of EBs were built not for retail orders.

If your dealership got five allocations, they will build the first five buildable orders, whether that is retail or stock. If your dealer has the exact same order as your as a stock order, yours will be picked first by default as stock orders have a higher priority number (which puts them, counterintuitively, lower down on the list).
I called the dealer today to see if I was previewing and didn’t sound like it. Doesn’t seem like a good sign to be my week. Just annoying after 6 months not to even be looked at for an order but when you don’t get to know allocations it is tough.

patchmar93

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Explorer Sport Trac
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same here. This Thursday, "build date release day", will be my 500th day, and I've all but thrown in the towel because I'm just out of time with my life situation and current vehicle. Already looking at pre-owned SUVs to get me by in the meantime (or maybe even permanently), because even if I get a date this week, it'll be a solid 2-3 months...if I'm lucky... before it arrives.

What a ridiculous process this was.
Right there with you. Similar build 10/30/21. Getting tired of patiently waiting.

Sponsored

The Flush

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Hybrid Lariat Area 51
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Like I assume most people here with unscheduled orders, I have asked my salesman to call me about any available Mavericks, even if just to test drive. Today I finally got the chance to test drive a HPR XLT AWD with lux, black appearance package, and moon roof. I figured I wouldn't be buying it because I knew they would want a lot of ADM. They initially said they wanted $5K, but that quickly became only $3K. I wasn't playing negotiating games when I said no thank you, but before I got my car all the way out of the parking spot, my salesman said they would sell if for only $1500 ADM. It a moment of weakness, I said yes and I have the truck in my garage tonight. So I figure I have a pretty good chance of getting scheduled this week now that I bought something.

jahl

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Like I assume most people here with unscheduled orders, I have asked my salesman to call me about any available Mavericks, even if just to test drive. Today I finally got the chance to test drive a HPR XLT AWD with lux, black appearance package, and moon roof. I figured I wouldn't be buying it because I knew they would want a lot of ADM. They initially said they wanted $5K, but that quickly became only $3K. I wasn't playing negotiating games when I said no thank you, but before I got my car all the way out of the parking spot, my salesman said they would sell if for only $1500 ADM. It a moment of weakness, I said yes and I have the truck in my garage tonight. So I figure I have a pretty good chance of getting scheduled this week now that I bought something.
Moment of weakness? My friend, I think you did just fine. $1500 over msrp is $1500 (I dunno, maybe 3k, maybe 1k) under book value. Congrats.

GA Hot Pepper

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach E, F-150 Lariat, Toyota 4 Runner
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just watched Tim. (Ford Video Guy). He believes one holdup, and not previewing/scheduling Mavericks with the “Full Size Spare”. All of his orders that were previewing did not have the full size spare. That sucks!

OmgWeAreGettingOne

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xlt hybrid ionic silver lux package 360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oversimplified version
Think of the allocations like the NFL draft. The number of allocations a dealer has for that month equals the number of rounds they can participate in. But the order of each round is completely random and some dealers will participate in more rounds than other dealers.

When it is your dealership's turn, Ford will take the first (priority or time) order that they can build and then move on to the next dealership. If your dealer has no retail order Ford can build, Ford skips them or grabs a stock order. So even if the 37th truck in line, if the 36 before you can't be built but you can, you will be selected.

As for the predictions, Ford said 65% capacity was EB and they have scheduled ~41,000 Maverick so far according to @Automate's VIN tracker. 65% of 41,000 is 26,650. There were only 27,230 EB orders to start with so leaving Ford with only 580 EBs left to go. However, our numbers show Ford actually has ~8,600 EBs left to go, indicating they are not building EB retail orders at the ratio they said they would, even taking international orders in account. Thus, any spring prediction was rendered moot by Ford not actually scheduling EBs like they said they would.
You
I'm going to get scheduled this week because I've lost desire for my Tremor.
i am pulling for you. You have been at this along time. Also in Ohio so pulling for ya! Seeing more and more mavericks around here in central ohio

Farmer1972

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Aspire
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If I do throw in the towel, not sure I'll stick around for a Maverick down the road. All of this has left a bad taste in my mouth (not to mention the dealer with zero communication), and has me second guessing the decision for a compact pickup truck anyway. I suppose I could jump at an AWD Hybrid in 2-3 years, but the killer thing is... no Maverick will ever be as inexpensive as the one I have on order. This was a once in a lifetime price/vehicle opportunity, and I probably missed it through no fault of my own.
I ordered 12/23/21
If I do throw in the towel, not sure I'll stick around for a Maverick down the road. All of this has left a bad taste in my mouth (not to mention the dealer with zero communication), and has me second guessing the decision for a compact pickup truck anyway. I suppose I could jump at an AWD Hybrid in 2-3 years, but the killer thing is... no Maverick will ever be as inexpensive as the one I have on order. This was a once in a lifetime price/vehicle opportunity, and I probably missed it through no fault of my own.
i ordered 12/23/21 ( still nothing). The only time that I have talked with dealership is when I initiate it. If and when I ever get to drive my truck from there, I will let them know how terrible their communication and business is. The old saying is” the apple don’t fall far from tree” Ford and dealerships. Just acknowledge that your still open!!

Sponsored

Christenhildebrandt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Christen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just watched Tim. (Ford Video Guy). He believes one holdup, and not previewing/scheduling Mavericks with the “Full Size Spare”. All of his orders that were previewing did not have the full size spare. That sucks!
So annoyed since I was about to drop the Lux Package on my Hybrid and I thought I would try it this week. Should have just done Hybrid without anything. So annoying that you can’t get what you want to order. Plays games to get better odds and get screwed by something else.

jpl7977

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 VW GTI Autobahn
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does this mean packages like the Lux on hybrids aren’t previewing either?
If so, that sucks that ford didn’t call out that constraint.

tdonch

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Forester (current toad)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

tdonch

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Forester (current toad)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does this mean packages like the Lux on hybrids aren’t previewing either?
If so, that sucks that ford didn’t call out that constraint.
That is what is looking like after watching Ford Video Guy video this week. Although, he said it could change by Thursday's final scheduling.

UberGadgetFreak

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I still believe they are going to try to put out as many hybrids as possible as soon as possible so they can close them out in order to get people to switch over to EB. They need more EB orders.
My understanding is that Ford is way behind on Hybrid production and they are going in as fast as the plant in Chihuahua can crank out the engines, but some do get sent elsewhere for Escape Hybrids, so its not 100% for Mavericks. The 'often-right source" I have that provides some of my insighs also noted that with the recent announcement of the "increase of 80K by year-end" thing from Ford was also paired with efforts to increase hybrid engine output, but even if they double output, they won't be able to fulfill all pending hybrid orders, however your chances are going up a bit.

I think your dealer has to have an allocation for you to get scheduled. I think that may be my problem my dealer has only got 42 allocations for the year and I think they have sold over 80 so that means some of us are out of luck I wish they would just tell us if we are getting one or not
The problem is allocations aren't picked in the same order they are submitted. The dealership doesn't know which ones will preview or be accepted until it gets scheduled. That depends on parts availability/constraints, available slots to schedule, and how many allocations your dealer gets at any given time. They won't know until it either gets picked or sent packing.

Willing to conclude Fleet orders will take #1 priority since they can be done in batches. Ford will wait until they "beef up" their production team in July with rookies before starting to work on the bulk of Retail orders. Just a conclusion based on recent information and my opinion.
Fleet production is great for "core" training new assembly staff before they get let loose on retail orders that vary. Same build every time makes it easier to spot-QC it before it goes to the next station for those doing the training. I've heard that they are starting to hire and train in Hermosillo from my "often-right source" I mentioned earlier, and the timing also aligns with the intent to increase output in June by training them in May.

Unrelated to this weeks scheduling but my build week went from 3/22 to 3/24. What does this even mean? 3/22 is a Wednesday and 3/24 is a Friday. Is that my build day?
Very very likely. Somewhere in the fray of the pizza tracker losing dates and then dates resurfacing last week, it does seem people are seeing their build-to-day dates now instead of 'week of' dates. My Tremor as noted in my tagline was week of 4/17, and the tracker showed that date until it went MIA. Now, the tracker shows 4/19, and that matches the original build-to-day date my 'often-right source' gave me back on 2/23 as to when I would see it actually go into production.
Sponsored