First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav Lariat, 2013 Ford C Max, 1995 Mazda Miat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dealer was working on replacing my affected airbags with the new ones, and apparently the strap is an inch short so now everything's up in the air again until they get in contact with Ford.

Sure love getting my hopes up.

IMG_20221216_120452.jpg
So, the saga continues. No parts, wrong parts, bad parts and on and on.

Makes me wonder how many bags actually get replaced or would some dealers just pretend to change them out?
Sponsored

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My dealer was working on replacing my affected airbags with the new ones, and apparently the strap is an inch short so now everything's up in the air again until they get in contact with Ford.

Sure love getting my hopes up.

IMG_20221216_120452.jpg
So I wonder what they used at the factory on all the one's not affected with the recall. Took delivery of mine the latter part of this past October and it was verified to have no open/pending recalls

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Makes me wonder how many bags actually get replaced or would some dealers just pretend to change them out?
Interesting but not surprising as Ford cant seem to build tailgate cables with the same lengths for driver/passenger sides-

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My 2022 Area 51 Hybrid First Edition (built 6/28/22) was subject to the recall, and had been sitting at the dealership for quite a while, waiting for the parts to come in. The person who ordered it had given up and walked away from the order, so I got the chance to purchase it.

I took delivery on 12/07/22, the day after the dealership completed the recall work. It took a few days for the FordPass app to show the correct status, but it's now "clear and clean."

So apparently the airbag recall kits ARE becoming available. I don't know if Ford is prioritizing shipments to dealers with "undeliverable" trucks sitting on their lots or if I just got lucky. Either way, I'm happy to have my Maverick!

2020 GT500

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2023 Miata RF Club
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My 2022 Area 51 Hybrid First Edition (built 6/28/22) was subject to the recall, and had been sitting at the dealership for quite a while, waiting for the parts to come in. The person who ordered it had given up and walked away from the order, so I got the chance to purchase it.

I took delivery on 12/07/22, the day after the dealership completed the recall work. It took a few days for the FordPass app to show the correct status, but it's now "clear and clean."

So apparently the airbag recall kits ARE becoming available. I don't know if Ford is prioritizing shipments to dealers with "undeliverable" trucks sitting on their lots or if I just got lucky. Either way, I'm happy to have my Maverick!
Yes, priority is going to units at dealers sitting on lots since they can’t be sold until fixed. Agree or disagree, this is the Ford strategy. From a financial market incentive it makes sense since they cannot book sales until the vehicle is sold…

Sponsored

V2WIN

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Took my 22 xlt hybrid in for oil change, tire rotation, & under hood fire recall. Asked about when my airbags would be replaced. After the service my paperwork said airbag not defective, no order needed. Ford sent me a recall, that somehow became ok.

Starwatcher

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

How many people will die because Ford can’t get it right?

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How so? Malfunctioning airbags can kill people.
How much time have you spent reading about this issue before launching your next ill-informed tirade against Ford? Sounds like the healthiest option is for you to move on from Ford entirely and not give it another thought.

Sponsored

Starwatcher

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How much time have you spent reading about this issue before launching your next ill-informed tirade against Ford? Sounds like the healthiest option is for you to move on from Ford entirely and not give it another thought.
No Ill-informed tirade. Fact. If it were not a safety recall, it would not have been listed as such. Stop, being so touchy about Ford..unless you work for them.

First Name
Lily
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Freestyle and Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No Ill-informed tirade. Fact. If it were not a safety recall, it would not have been listed as such. Stop, being so touchy about Ford..unless you work for them.
Wasn't the problem that it inflates a few millimeters too much? Is someone going to be killed because it inflates 117 mm instead of 111 mm?

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, no time spent understanding before leaping to conclusions, stirring up drama and attempting to instill undue fear in others. Didn't you just get done saying that I'm "part of the problem"? That seems awfully problematic.

Starwatcher

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wasn't the problem that it inflates a few millimeters too much? Is someone going to be killed because it inflates 117 mm instead of 111 mm?
Somebody must think so, or it wouldn’t have been ordered. Hope nobody gets hurt, but face it, remember the Pinto? Remember the GM ignition switch? Nobody thought they were dangerous, but a lot of innocent people died.

Reactions: bgn

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Somebody must think so, or it wouldn’t have been ordered. Hope nobody gets hurt, but face it, remember the Pinto? Remember the GM ignition switch? Nobody thought they were dangerous, but a lot of innocent people died.
Please read through this and any other relevant threads before commenting further.
Sponsored