Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Watched Long McArthur Ford video today -

November 2700 units targeted for production
December 4900 united targeted for production

Might be a long wait at these production levels.

Options not getting scheduled -

0% Tonneau
0% Bed mat
0% Protective Fender Film
0% Spray in Bedliner
WOW!! That is not even the first day of orders considering that 39,000 were reserved the first week

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And to be clear........as I said in a different thread, I don't blame Ford for my truck not being scheduled. If I was Ford I would probably make the same choices they are, under the circumstances.
That's the thing, If Ford could the Mavericks would all be out the door yesterday.

Sponsored

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford needs more news like this to cut down on the speculation like here at da club.
They have got to be watching this. They could just pop in and make a statement….

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They have got to be watching this. They could just pop in and make a statement….
Or it would just add fuel to the fire. Every announcement seems like a fireworks explosion, the comments go in all directions deciphering what was meant by the message.

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Or it would just add fuel to the fire. Every announcement seems like a fireworks explosion, the comments go in all directions deciphering what was meant by the message.
Ok- they could pop on and make a well written statement that gives everyone a clear idea of what is happening

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ok- they could pop on and make a well written statement that gives everyone a clear idea of what is happening
Same answer, it wouldn't be enough. Well they didn't say this or that. That is why politicians are told to keep their mouths shut on certain topics.

Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Same answer, it wouldn't be enough. Well they didn't say this or that. That is why politicians are told to keep their mouths shut on certain topics.
I'll just add fuel to the fire for the hybrid folks. Just got back from checking this out tonight....

Ford Maverick Ford Says No Maverick Hybrid Delay. Will Be Available at Launch [Updated With Mike Levine Tweet] 1631150234323

Sponsored

Fixer upper

First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy spark
Does this Autoblog article even mean anything?

The whole business about inventory orders versus retail orders is conditioned by the phrase "What [the document] seemingly does not specify..." (emphasis added to reduce clarity) :sneaky:

Autoblog first reports that the document doesn't say it applies only to inventory (or seemingly doesn't say it, whatever that means).

Autoblog then goes on to analyze the situation as if the document did say it applies only to inventory.

I once heard something described as "not totally unmeaningless." I would apply that phrase to this, if I could figure out what it meant.
Or what it doesn’t mean

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Where there is smoke there is fire…I totally believe that Hybrids are more affected by the chip shortage than the ecoboost is.Seems like common sense.
Was it Will Roger's said "common sense ain't so common"?

There's chips and there's chips. So while there are certainly systems in the hybrid that aren't in the EB, impact really depends on exactly what chips are constrained.

Tourguide

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is EXACTLY what Ford communicated weeks ago...that it would not be building any stock Hybrids and would be producing customer vehicles only. This is not a change in direction, this is not confusing, this is not new news. What is new news is the constant spinning that goes on here 'reading between the lines' and then running off in different directions screaming negativity and hand wringing.

How come YOU don't remember the plan? Because collectively this group has gone through about 20 spin cycles since then with conjecture and blame until the majority believe it.

THIS TRUCK HAS NOT LAUNCHED YET! When it launches there will be a huge announcement. Until then it is just a plan yet to happen.
Thank you thank you thank you!!! There is so much "if-a-coulda-woulda" on this forum it makes your head spin. When I see my order come out I'll be very happy, until that time I'll just wait. Production just started

Pogeegitz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Expedition Max XLT, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We've officially become a self-licking ice cream cone. We generate our own news, wait until it gets picked up by another news source, then re-post it as news. Huzzah!

sseiler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV 4 XSE
article does NOT address "no hybrid sheduling until further notice". Ford's reply email only refers to already scheduled hybrids, no new info.
That's exactly what I was thinking... having two dudes (or dudettes) stating there's nothing to see here?... Um, yeah, I don't know if that's compelling evidence of anything.

Ford Maverick Ford Says No Maverick Hybrid Delay. Will Be Available at Launch [Updated With Mike Levine Tweet] 1631156207842
Sponsored