Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla
Anyone else scratching their head??

Ford says the 2022 Maverick Hybrid remains on track
It won't initially build inventory units, however
September 8, 2021​
Ford denied reports the hybrid version of the 2022 Maverick pickup had been delayed due to the on-going chip shortage. It told Autoblog the fuel-sipping trucklet will be available at launch but just not in dealer inventories.​
"Maverick Hybrid will be available at launch," a company spokesperson confirmed via email. Another spokesperson we spoke to added that "both the Maverick Hybrid and EcoBoost will soon be on their way to dealer showrooms, and customers can currently order both trucks from their local dealer."​
The rumor is rooted in a document allegedly sent by Ford to its dealers and published by forum Maverick Truck Club. It notes "hybrid orders will not be selected for scheduling" until further notice. It provides no additional details about the issue, but the forum speculates the delay is linked to the chip shortage taking a toll on the industry. What it seemingly does not specify is that the document (whose authenticity hasn't been verified) refers to hybrid inventory orders, not to hybrid retail orders. In other words, hybrid trucks ordered by customers will be built, but none will be sitting on dealer lots. This strategy falls in line with what Ford announced in early August 2021.​
Another interesting point mentioned on the document is that the front-wheel-drive Maverick is no longer available with the Trailer Tow Package (53Q). Ford was not able to immediately comment on this point.​
Demand for the Maverick has been surprisingly high. Reservations for the compact pickup topped 100,000 in August 2021, about 2½ months after the unveiling, and many are being converted into paid orders.​
I spoke with a Ford rep yesterday after seeing the letter. Was told the delay was due to chips and other parts needed to build the hybrid. They want to make sure they have all parts before starting it. We ordered the hybrid and was told we should have a VIN sometime this week or next. That tells me it's just a matter of having the parts to build it.
Sponsored

Unlikely_Username

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
I guess we will a much better idea about which of these two articles is more truthful tomorrow when emails go out as to who are the lucky ones who have been scheduled for the first two weeks in November. If no hybrids are scheduled (similar to last weeks email release) then I'd put more money of the first anouncement about "no hybrid builds" until further notice.
Tomorrow's scheduling is just cleanup for weeks of 10/18 and 10/25.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I keep seeing people going back and forth about the % of Hybrid vs. Ecoboost orders. Ford said a month or so back (maybe in July?) that before they had released the Maverick news, they had planned for a 2:1 ratio of Ecoboost to Hybrid orders. What they expected, and what has happened in reality is reversed.

We have our very own representative sample here on the forum. Last time I checked there were something like 1,700+ orders tracked, and Hybrid is about 67% to 33% Ecoboost. These percentages were the same when there were 500 orders tracked!

That is the thing with representative sampling - once you have enough feedback, the overall percentages are going to fluctuate very little. This is similar to polling in politics - the polls don't call 100,000 people - they might call 500, or 1,000 - then they add the plus/minus 2 or 3% as a disclaimer. We don't need to consult dealers thoughts, or try to divine a ratio - we already have the data we need right here to know how many Hybrids vs. Ecoboost Ford is going to end up selling - that number would not substantially change if they had 10,000 orders, 100,000 orders or even 1,000,000 orders.

Sponsored

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Have to say I still feel more optimistic about getting a truck this year after switching from the hybrid to the 2.0. Interestingly enough, when my dealer put my revised order in, there was a commodity hold on the regular tray bed liner (not spray in) and when he took it off my hold was removed. :unsure:

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford has 100K “reservations “ not orders. Huge difference. Ratio of eco boost to Hybrid are 70% gas / 30% Hybrid. (Approx as was stated by Ford).
You have those numbers flipped. It is 70% Hybrid and 30% Eco boost.

That was stated in the Long McArthur Ford Weekly News Episode 4 and Live Q&A web cast

and here:

Ford Maverick Ford Says No Maverick Hybrid Delay. Will Be Available at Launch [Updated With Mike Levine Tweet] Engine

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
We will see tomorrow or is it Friday this week due to the holiday?

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
I spoke with a Ford rep yesterday........the hybrid and was told we should have a VIN sometime this week or next.
Those are the EXACT words the Customer Service rep at Ford told me a month ago. News Flash, I do NOT have a VIN yet.

Unlikely_Username

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Those are the EXACT words the Customer Service rep at Ford told me a month ago. News Flash, I do NOT have a VIN yet.
I think everyone should take everything the Ford reps say with a grain of salt. I've only been calling them on scheduling days to see if mine was included. Beyond that I don't really pry them for info.

Sponsored

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Agreed completely - The document shows the information we already knew. That the 4k tow package was removed from FWD vehicles and that Hybrids are not being scheduled yet. Plus there hasn't been a lot, if any, people say they have their Hybrid VIN's yet.

As a side note - last week there were 44 container ships waiting to offload their cargo off LA. the norm is 0-6 ships waiting.

If you need a truck right away may I suggest -
Amazon is having the same issues. I ordered a drinking fountain for my pets and it hasn't arrived. When I cancelled the order like they said to and reordered it, the estimated time before shipment is 11 days. That never used to happen.

We'll get our trucks when we get them. Speculating about things doesn't get us the truck any faster and sometimes, we end up thinking things that are wrong.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
I think everyone should take everything the Ford reps say with a grain of salt. I've only been calling them on scheduling days to see if mine was included. Beyond that I don't really pry them for info.
I called them once only because my Order wasn't shown on the Ford.com site. She voluntarily told me to expect the VIN which I knew was BS but I said okay, cool. Like I said, that was a month ago. Only time I've called and no plans to call back.

mrrk47

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I take two things from this.

1. The assumptions that are regularly made based on very little info (and the overreactions that typically accompany them) around here has finally reached the level that a media outlet has seen fit to directly report on it, lol.

2. The dealer that shared that email is probably going to get a severe tongue lashing, finger wagging, or maybe worse. I'm sure Ford loves to put out fires because of a dealer that shared what appears to have been an internal memo. I'm glad we have dealers willing to share what they know and I'm not saying they shouldn't have. I just can't imagine Ford is happy about it.
Show anywhere finger and tougue lashing and/ or wagging are going on!

Dreams

First Name
Wendy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Soul
That's the only thing that bothers me, customer service. Last time we called, about 6 weeks ago, we were told that we'd have a vin in 10 days. Ford should just have the reps be honest and say they have no clue. It's annoying when they tell you something that is never going to happen. Just be honest.
Sponsored