Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Anyone else scratching their head??

Ford says the 2022 Maverick Hybrid remains on track
It won't initially build inventory units, however
September 8, 2021​
Ford denied reports the hybrid version of the 2022 Maverick pickup had been delayed due to the on-going chip shortage. It told Autoblog the fuel-sipping trucklet will be available at launch but just not in dealer inventories.​
"Maverick Hybrid will be available at launch," a company spokesperson confirmed via email. Another spokesperson we spoke to added that "both the Maverick Hybrid and EcoBoost will soon be on their way to dealer showrooms, and customers can currently order both trucks from their local dealer."​
The rumor is rooted in a document allegedly sent by Ford to its dealers and published by forum Maverick Truck Club. It notes "hybrid orders will not be selected for scheduling" until further notice. It provides no additional details about the issue, but the forum speculates the delay is linked to the chip shortage taking a toll on the industry. What it seemingly does not specify is that the document (whose authenticity hasn't been verified) refers to hybrid inventory orders, not to hybrid retail orders. In other words, hybrid trucks ordered by customers will be built, but none will be sitting on dealer lots. This strategy falls in line with what Ford announced in early August 2021.​
Another interesting point mentioned on the document is that the front-wheel-drive Maverick is no longer available with the Trailer Tow Package (53Q). Ford was not able to immediately comment on this point.​
Demand for the Maverick has been surprisingly high. Reservations for the compact pickup topped 100,000 in August 2021, about 2½ months after the unveiling, and many are being converted into paid orders.​
ALL I want to read is when MY e-mail from Ford is that mine is schedluled for production. lTOO Much UP & DOWN on this site.
Sponsored

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think they are telling the truth that it's not linked to chip shortages. It's battery issues. Same vendor that supplies the Chevy Bolt and look how that's going!
Ford is also using South Korean companies SK Innovation Co. — a battery supplier for Volkswagen AG as well as Ford. While the USA plant is being built Ford is likely just importing those same batteries from SK Innovation for the Maverick.

The Ford F-150 Lightning will be using batteries made in the USA in Georgia:

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a36488021/ford-f-150-lightning-batteries-us-trade-war

Late this week, the automaker said it will partner with SK Innovation, a Korean supplier that also makes batteries for Volkswagen and Kia, to assemble 60 gigawatts' worth of batteries each year in Commerce, Georgia. That adds up to roughly 400,000 of the Lightning's longest-range packs—a massive undertaking that, in sheer volume, represents nearly half of all F-series sales—and by 2030, Ford wants to quadruple that output from all of its battery plants worldwide. The joint venture is to be called BlueOvalSK, Ford said.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/b...vw-battery-supplier-deal-import-ban/115689970

https://www.freep.com/story/money/c...hicle-battery-plants-sk-innovation/5183271001

https://media.ford.com/content/ford.../ford-commits-to-manufacturing-batteries.html

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What it seemingly does not specify is that the document ... refers to hybrid inventory orders, not to hybrid retail orders. In other words, hybrid trucks ordered by customers will be built, but none will be sitting on dealer lots.
Does this Autoblog article even mean anything?

The whole business about inventory orders versus retail orders is conditioned by the phrase "What [the document] seemingly does not specify..." (emphasis added to reduce clarity) :sneaky:

Autoblog first reports that the document doesn't say it applies only to inventory (or seemingly doesn't say it, whatever that means).

Autoblog then goes on to analyze the situation as if the document did say it applies only to inventory.

I once heard something described as "not totally unmeaningless." I would apply that phrase to this, if I could figure out what it meant.

zeketolliver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hyundai Tuscon NLine
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OOOOOOOOOO I love to dance a little side step. Now they see me, now they don't, I've come aand gone....

MtnLuv

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'll wait for Ford to verify the tow package option delete on the hybrid. If true I'm going to have to file that under deal-breaker and move on. But in reading the initial memo release, it has the faint odor of fake news. It's the perfect sabotage. Why, with 100,000 plus orders would Ford shoot themselves in the tire and roll these trucks out minus a tow package? I don't know the ratio of hybrid to ecoboost but still, it doesn't make sense. I'll hang around for the cliffhanger here but my spidey senses tell me somebody's pouring water in the gas tank.
(Edited to correct %'s) Ford has 100K “reservations “ not orders. Huge difference. Ratio of eco boost to Hybrid are 70% Hybrid / 30% EcoBoost. (Approx as was stated by Ford). To stop all this speculation, Ford should communicate what’s really going on. For some reason they’d prefer to stay quiet and let us guess. For me, I guessed right out of a Hybrid today.

Last edited:

Sponsored

mikejohn13

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
".ALL I want to read is when MY e-mail from Ford is that mine is schedluled for production. lTOO Much UP & DOWN on this site"

I got my confirmation back in August now all I want is the one 12 days from now saying it's in production 🤞

dceggert

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion, 2019 Ranger, 2024 Maverick ordered
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is EXACTLY what Ford communicated weeks ago...that it would not be building any stock Hybrids and would be producing customer vehicles only. This is not a change in direction, this is not confusing, this is not new news. What is new news is the constant spinning that goes on here 'reading between the lines' and then running off in different directions screaming negativity and hand wringing.

How come YOU don't remember the plan? Because collectively this group has gone through about 20 spin cycles since then with conjecture and blame until the majority believe it.

THIS TRUCK HAS NOT LAUNCHED YET! When it launches there will be a huge announcement. Until then it is just a plan yet to happen.

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford has 100K “reservations “ not orders. Huge difference. Ratio of eco boost to Hybrid are 70% gas / 30% Hybrid. (Approx as was stated by Ford). To stop all this speculation, Ford should communicate what’s really going on. For some reason they’d prefer to stay quiet and let us guess. For me, I guessed right out of a Hybrid today.
That's reversed. Approx 70% of orders were hybrid.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don’t believe everything you read and or see on the internet. That’s web 101. Just relax grab a drink and wait your turn. Next thing people are going to start posting is tires are unavailable!!!! Some people on here are crazy enough to contact there dealer and request there build be delivered with no tires and wheels so they can feel like they will get it sooner. This is actually funny to see.
Oh my gosh, there are no tires and wheels! I am going to go post on reddit about that.

Just a few of the post above yours people are speculating it's really the batteries and that they didn't address the orders that were already scheduled. Lol they can't win at all.
omg, we are out of duracells as well :(

The article's assertion that the delay is only for retail orders wasn't supported by Tom in last night's livestream. He seemed to believe the hold is across the board.
TomTim

Sponsored

dmccorkle33

First Name
David McCorkle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav Hybrid Lariat, 2022 Tesla Model Y Perf
This is EXACTLY what Ford communicated weeks ago...that it would not be building any stock Hybrids and would be producing customer vehicles only. This is not a change in direction, this is not confusing, this is not new news. What is new news is the constant spinning that goes on here 'reading between the lines' and then running off in different directions screaming negativity and hand wringing.

How come YOU don't remember the plan? Because collectively this group has gone through about 20 spin cycles since then with conjecture and blame until the majority believe it.

THIS TRUCK HAS NOT LAUNCHED YET! When it launches there will be a huge announcement. Until then it is just a plan yet to happen.
Agreed completely - The document shows the information we already knew. That the 4k tow package was removed from FWD vehicles and that Hybrids are not being scheduled yet. Plus there hasn't been a lot, if any, people say they have their Hybrid VIN's yet.

As a side note - last week there were 44 container ships waiting to offload their cargo off LA. the norm is 0-6 ships waiting.

If you need a truck right away may I suggest -

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

It is NOT reading between the lines to interpret "no hybrids will be scheduled until further notice."
That is NO hybrids, not no stock hybrids.

This could have been a misstatement, but it's clear what was stated in standard English.

I'm disappointed, but not digging out the torches and pitchforks over this. But you stating that this isn't communicating new direction is flat wrong.

popyx9

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Does this Autoblog article even mean anything?

The whole business about inventory orders versus retail orders is conditioned by the phrase "What [the document] seemingly does not specify..." (emphasis added to reduce clarity) :sneaky:

Autoblog first reports that the document doesn't say it applies only to inventory (or seemingly doesn't say it, whatever that means).

Autoblog then goes on to analyze the situation as if the document did say it applies only to inventory.

I once heard something described as "not totally unmeaningless." I would apply that phrase to this, if I could figure out what it meant.
It's also called "It's a definite Maybe"

Rozay

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav EB FWD LUX Area 51
You're not reading it like I am!
It says: "Maverick Hybrid will be available at launch"
That DOES NOT say they're not holding off manufacturing the hybrids until further notice. It says they'll be available at launch. When is "launch"?

So, let me first admit I don't know when "launch" is, but is something like this possible?:
Launch is January 1st, 2022. They hold off making any more hybrids until December 1st. They make 50-100 and they are ready by January 1st.

And,,,,there ya' go! Hybrids are ready by launch!!!!!

"Maverick Hybrid will be available at launch" is a bit vague, ya' think?!?!?
I’m guessing launch would be Fall. So September 22? 🤷🏻‍♂️ Who the hell know at this point. It’s frustrating that Ford doesnt and probably won’t communicate.

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It says: "Maverick Hybrid will be available at launch"
That DOES NOT say they're not holding off manufacturing the hybrids until further notice. It says they'll be available at launch. When is "launch"?
I agree. "At launch" is a weasel word in this case. It doesn't really commit to anything meaningful or useful.
Sponsored