First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don’t believe everything you read and or see on the internet. That’s web 101. Just relax grab a drink and wait your turn. Next thing people are going to start posting is tires are unavailable!!!! Some people on here are crazy enough to contact there dealer and request there build be delivered with no tires and wheels so they can feel like they will get it sooner. This is actually funny to see.

HEY, DID YOU HEAR, TIRES ARE UNAVAILABLE!!! We all need to write letters and complain to the Ford Motor Company that they should have seen this coming and planted more rubber trees in the Amazon jungle years ago!!! I thought they were suppose to be a professional company. :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored

Last edited:

lotsapapa

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 F-150 Super Crew
Anyone else scratching their head??

Ford says the 2022 Maverick Hybrid remains on track
It won't initially build inventory units, however
September 8, 2021​
Ford denied reports the hybrid version of the 2022 Maverick pickup had been delayed due to the on-going chip shortage. It told Autoblog the fuel-sipping trucklet will be available at launch but just not in dealer inventories.​
"Maverick Hybrid will be available at launch," a company spokesperson confirmed via email. Another spokesperson we spoke to added that "both the Maverick Hybrid and EcoBoost will soon be on their way to dealer showrooms, and customers can currently order both trucks from their local dealer."​
The rumor is rooted in a document allegedly sent by Ford to its dealers and published by forum Maverick Truck Club. It notes "hybrid orders will not be selected for scheduling" until further notice. It provides no additional details about the issue, but the forum speculates the delay is linked to the chip shortage taking a toll on the industry. What it seemingly does not specify is that the document (whose authenticity hasn't been verified) refers to hybrid inventory orders, not to hybrid retail orders. In other words, hybrid trucks ordered by customers will be built, but none will be sitting on dealer lots. This strategy falls in line with what Ford announced in early August 2021.​
Another interesting point mentioned on the document is that the front-wheel-drive Maverick is no longer available with the Trailer Tow Package (53Q). Ford was not able to immediately comment on this point.​
Demand for the Maverick has been surprisingly high. Reservations for the compact pickup topped 100,000 in August 2021, about 2½ months after the unveiling, and many are being converted into paid orders.​
Where there is smoke there is fire…I totally believe that Hybrids are more affected by the chip shortage than the ecoboost is.Seems like common sense.

zeketolliver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hyundai Tuscon NLine
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

zeketolliver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hyundai Tuscon NLine
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Okay....okay....okay....I admit it.....I've been hoarding all the chips just to p!$$ off my fellow hybrid buyers.....

Ford Maverick Ford Says No Maverick Hybrid Delay. Will Be Available at Launch [Updated With Mike Levine Tweet] 20210908_190312

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's the only thing that bothers me, customer service. Last time we called, about 6 weeks ago, we were told that we'd have a vin in 10 days. Ford should just have the reps be honest and say they have no clue. It's annoying when they tell you something that is never going to happen. Just be honest.
People need to leave the poor Ford reps alone. Be realistic. They are just call center workers and won’t be on the cutting edge of info for your build. I wouldn’t bother. Just realize they probably don’t know any more than your sales rep.

F1PRB22GA

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The margin on the Hybrids is so low, that Ford needs to find an extra profit of approximately $11 per unit sold. :cry::mad:

Lone Star Proud

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Okay....okay....okay....I admit it.....I've been hoarding all the chips just to p!$$ off my fellow hybrid buyers.....

20210908_190312.jpg
Damn, I wondered what happened to the Cool Ranch Doritos

Lone Star Proud

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The margin on the Hybrids is so low, that Ford needs to find an extra profit of approximately $11 per unit sold. :cry::mad:
They can make it up on the 2.0L Ecoboost buyers.

Sponsored

Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Watched Long McArthur Ford video today -

November 2700 units targeted for production
December 4900 united targeted for production

Might be a long wait at these production levels.

Options not getting scheduled -

0% Tonneau
0% Bed mat
0% Protective Fender Film
0% Spray in Bedliner

Dreams

First Name
Wendy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Soul
People need to leave the poor Ford reps alone. Be realistic. They are just call center workers and won’t be on the cutting edge of info for your build. I wouldn’t bother. Just realize they probably don’t know any more than your sales rep.
Ummmmm....I didn't do anything to the reps. I said that Ford should tell them to say it like it is. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less. That's on Ford, not the reps.

And to be clear........as I said in a different thread, I don't blame Ford for my truck not being scheduled. If I was Ford I would probably make the same choices they are, under the circumstances.

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Last edited: