Sponsored

How many of you ordered a Maverick without even test driving it?

madmax

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav XLT EB, Chrysler 300s, Jeep G Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The title says all... how many of you? I ordered a Maverick without even test-drive it first. I did sit inside of a Maverick (hybrid) at the dealer's lot and ordered a Maverick with EcoBoost.
Sponsored

My1stFord

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Opposite of you. Test drove an EB and ordered a hybrid, twice so far...

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It would be extremely hard to find a dealer that even had one on the lot to test drive them. Some dealers were lucky enough to have a demo Maverick for a very short period of time. With that said, I went in hook, line, and sinker and bought a Maverick w/o ever sitting in one, or test driving one. When I found an XL hybrid that a customer canceled in Gastonia, NC, I bought it and did all of the financing over the phone, sight unseen. I flew up there from Florida, picked it up, and drove it home 546 miles. I wasn't disappointed! The truck is way more than I ever expected it to be!! The dealer I ordered my hybrid XLT from a local dealer, and he called and said a customer canceled his order, I traded in the XL for a hybrid XLT. These are fantastic little trucks! I love mine!!

Sponsored

Oso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lincoln MKZ
I saw one in a parking lot last fall, did some research and tried finding a dealer with one to test drive or even just to sit in. After no luck for a few weeks I ordered one from a smaller dealer thinking I'd get ahead by avoiding bigger dealers with more orders. 😔 Still have never been in one, but according to Ford CS mine is in AZ as of 09/19/22 so hopefully that will be remedied soon.

winterlong

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick / EB XTL FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I sat in one at a dealership but it hadn't gone through the shop yet so couldn't take it on the road.

Ordered one last week and dealer wanted a non-refundable deposit. I told them that was a deal breaker since I have not been able to drive one. They changed their mind and agreed to $500 refundable.

PriusHater

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rocketstem.org
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Reserved one within days of the Maverick being announced and dealers being able to place orders.

Joe Rambo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai SF
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Was looking for a used Tacoma in 2021. Totally blown away by the price for anything halfway decent. A few days later the ad for the Maverick shows up on my phone. "Built" it on the website just out of curiosity, and when I saw the price I clicked "submit order". Almost immediately, I was contacted by my local dealer, went down there to verify my build, gave them $200 and waited 8 months for it to arrive. Never saw one until about a month before mine arrived, and even that was driving by in the opposite direction on the Garden State Parkway.

BradGroux

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Website
msft.expert
Vehicle(s)
2023 F-150 XLT Powerboost
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
l’ve been wanting to order one since about the time 2022 orders closed. Finally got to do it last Friday. I’ve only ever seen a handful in the wild, and all of those were at a distance. Never even got a whiff of the interior, much less sat in or drove one.

Sponsored

Brown0

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I sure did. Haven't even sat in one. Closest I have been able to get is a walk-around at a dealer on a "used" XLT EB which was marked up so much I wasn't even willing to give them the pleasure of catching me check it out. It confirmed that I liked it much better in person, and I've been excited seeing them in the wild since.

Takk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, HP Red
I hadn't heard of one before I got to see one at a dealer alongside a Bronco Sport. I got to sit in both and ended up ordering the Maverick on the spot. That Mav was actually delivered while I was at the dealer lol, watched it happen. I really liked the BS, but I decided that for the practicality of it, the Maverick was the direction to go.

IronHammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue XLT (no lux) FX4, 4K
Same. I ordered a hybrid on Friday and due to pick up an Ecoboost this weekend I've been waiting on. Ordered sight unsee until a month ago I found one other person in my town who owns one. I was able to walk around it but not sit inside or drive it. I still can't decide if it will be too small and underpowered for me. My current truck is a Sierra 1500. Huge difference.

MM Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Luxury w/CP360 + CP360A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered one without seeing or test driving one. It was twelve months from when I first heard of Maverick to actually seeing one on the roadway. 15 months from first learning about them to actually getting to test drive one. Since May '22, I've seen 10 in the wild and four on dealer lots.
So looking forward to the day I bring my Maverick home. 🤞🏻🙏🏻
Sponsored

Last edited: