Sponsored

How many of you ordered a Maverick without even test driving it?

All4spl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have not driven one, I have sat in one, and taken a ride in one. However, if you are itching to drive one, try renting one for a couple days on Turo.
Sponsored

liv4snow

First Name
Justin Case
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord (2), Honda Pilot
l’ve been wanting to order one since about the time 2022 orders closed. Finally got to do it last Friday. I’ve only ever seen a handful in the wild, and all of those were at a distance. Never even got a whiff of the interior, much less sat in or drove one.
My dealer has only had ecoboost. I've seen both XL and XLT in eco y my dealer over the last year but never a hybrid. I also never drove one. Want to drive a hybrid since that is what I ordered. I was at a restaurant and one was pulling out that was next to me. I was a little surprised by how much noise came from the hybrid in the parking lot. I told my dealer when I reordered in 2023 bank that I wanted to drive a hybrid and dales rep shared he has never seen one to drive nor had he driven a hybrid himself.

PDM33

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A lot of us ordered these trucks before they even went into production. I didn't sit in one until the day I signed the paperwork. Comes with the territory when ordering a brand new vehicle.

Last edited:

kcamp317

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ford Escape Titanium Hybrid 16 Ford Escape SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ive not driven one because none were available to drive. I have sat in a couple.....folks Ive seen that were getting in theirs at a parking lot and striking up a conversation. Didn't want to seem creepy or weird but they seemed happy to show me their maverick.

Sponsored

catinthebathtub

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
haas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 GT 350, 60 VW, 34 pickup and porsches....
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
when i picked up my ordered maverick at the dealer i had never even seen one in person let alone sat in one. i recall my first thought when i sat in mine was "'this thing is huge" with a bit of disappointment which quickly subsided after i became acclimated.
mind you, i hadn't driven a pickup (except for my 34 ford) in years and came from driving a porsche 911 and a 66 mustang as daily drivers.

Bulldog

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion Hybrid, 2019 Fusion Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Based on two things: 40mg+ and $25K I was in for a new truck. Maverick hit the mark. I never saw one before ordering. I ordered my MY22 based mpg and $$$ and could I fit a KTM in the bed. Yes to the KTM fitting. My MY22 is being shipped as I type and I have ordered a MY23 for my wife.

Jraoffroad

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F150, 2001 F350 Diesel Dually, 2019 Kia Soul
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've never touched one. I figure there's no way to get hurt on this vehicle. I'm not trading when I get it, I'll wait a few weeks then sell my F150. If I end up hating the Maverick I'll just sell it instead.

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was going to post on here to see if anyone was local to me to check out their truck. But ultimately, I have seen them on the road but never been in one. I have watched enough youtube reviews to compensate. Thanks @Shay!

golfguy2020

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
ordered a hybrid without seeing one
Luckily in Canada I didn't have to put a deposit down or sign any papers
so I test drove it when it arrived and could have said "no thanks" and walked away

I'm now at 4,500km(3k miles) and still glad I bought it

Sponsored

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've never even sat in one, let alone test drive one.

SlowTime2011

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT EB LUX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Seen a few on the road and a couple close up on the street. Talked to one owner about his. Never even sat in one much less driven it. Ordered on the 16th, Lets see if it gets here by fall of 2023.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How many of you ordered a Maverick without even test-drive it?
Everyone who ordered a Hybrid never got to test-drive it as the order banks shut down November 15th and first deliveries were in early December.

I did get to see the Maverick Hybrid and sit in a few of them when I went to the State Fair in Texas on September 30th and went again on October 14th.

You can check out these threads:

TX State Fair Auto Show

Finally got to see Maverick at TX State Fair. Pictures don't do this truck justice

4 Mavericks on display at TX State Fair Auto Show - Impressions & Pics

Last edited:

Deleted member 14823

I didn't even know they existed until I came across an article about them in October '21. After reading about them for a couple of days I ordered one. Never saw one in person, never sat in one let alone a test drive. My biggest concern was about headroom (as a 6'3" person), but I compared the specs in Car and Driver against my previous vehicle and realized I should be fine. Looking at posts from other tall drivers helped as well. When my Mav showed up in March I was actually surprised at how big it appeared to me, because the articles kept talking about "little truck".

I had not seen any in the wild before picking up my vehicle, and my dealer told me that it was the first they ever received. They placed it on the showroom floor for a couple of days (because I couldn't get there right away) and when I walked up to it people were looking at it. I'm lucky it was still there, given all the stories about dealers selling custom orders. But Apple Ford Shakopee kept their word.
Sponsored