Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Making this bold and large to call attention to it....

ROVP IS REQUIRED!!!!!!

It was not made clear in prior Ford Corporate communications if COVP/ROVP was going to be required at all. @93nighthawk confirmed in a later post on this thread that this communication talks about ROVP and COVP separately (the two screenshots that are separate images above are from one communication, not two). I have no idea why Ford would do that..... But back to the main message.

ROVP IS REQUIRED!!!!!!

If you have a dealer who ordered a Maverick for you and said "Ford isn't asking for ROVP this year"......tell them...

ROVP IS REQUIRED!!!!!
).
Sponsored

Last edited:

Goose1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's the one. I originally contacted them in July and they said they'd contact me when order banks opened. They didn't so I contacted them. Then they told me they would need two days to enter existing orders and they'd contact me. They didn't. Emailed them again this morning to see if I could still place an order... Still no response.

Not sure why they're ignoring me.
I started a conversation with you with some email addresses and details from my experience. I hope it helps!

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got the email from Ford, and provided my driver's license. For peace of mind and not overly harass the dealer, I reached out to Ford chat. They confirmed order is in. I asked specifically is anything needed by me or dealer beyond waiting to get scheduled. She confirmed no. I saved that and feel pretty good now.
Same here. My dealer has done it before, many times. All is well in Maverick land. Some day I will get my truck. I have a feeling, I hope, that closing the order banks at this juncture is a good thing for all of us that have placed orders for a MY23. Seems Ford has learned some lessons from last model year? Maybe? I hope!

xplorguy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Veloster N
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, there it is. Closed in less than a week.

The good news is it seems Ford is cutting off retail orders well in advance of reaching maximum production. Chances should be good that all ordered units will be built, commodities not withstanding.
I think Fords' big problem is the percentage of orders that are for the Hybrid. Ford has stated to the dealers that only 30 or so percent of the 23 orders can be Hybrid. I think dealers have submitted way over 30% of their retail orders as hybrid. Our own forum survey confirms that. I spoke to a dealer today who has 60 orders inputted and only ONE is not a hybrid...

Sponsored

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Contact every family member, friend, neighbor, co-workers, etc. and tell them if they are even thinking about a Maverick, they need to order NOW !

Krazyrabbit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage
With the demand they are seeing I just don't understand making the '23 a short run. I think they are going to open the order windows intermittently through the year.
I think that they are not going to produce a large run of the '23 Mavericks (mostly due to parts shortages) for one main reason - Ford probably has a priority to pump out the real money making vehicles like the F series and the Mustang Mach-E first so that they can stay in business.

Shay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
With the demand they are seeing I just don't understand making the '23 a short run. I think they are going to open the order windows intermittently through the year.
It may well be they have a rollout of updates for the 2024 or 2023 1/2 model year either in the way of new styling, new powertrains, trims etc that is scheduled to come in a little sooner in the spring than in the fall. I don't know this to be true, but my decades around Ford and watching these things has me feeling like that might be why a short model year.

Sponsored

nick112288

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Ram 2500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hmm so I'm slightly confused.

I have a screen shot of the COVP page with a tracking number. They got a copy of my DL, and I signed the preview order page.

Does that mean I'm good?

glider

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4runner 2019 Honda civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It may well be they have a rollout of updates for the 2024 or 2023 1/2 model year either in the way of new styling, new powertrains, trims etc that is scheduled to come in a little sooner in the spring than in the fall. I don't know this to be true, but my decades around Ford and watching these things has me feeling like that might be why a short model year.
You may be right. We can all trade in our LTD M23 for a new improved one.

pnorwood54

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ALTO BLUE XTL AWD-4K-FX4-360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Contacted Chapman the day order banks opened since everyone had good experiences with them (not first time), and they told me they'd get back to me in two days, they are busy. Sent them an email first thing this morning to see if they would still be able to fit me in. No response back.

If order banks are really closing tomorrow, I have no choice but to go elsewhere hopefully somewhere local can fit me in. Wish they'd tell me if they couldn't place my order before banks closed or at least respond to me. Might have lost my chance to get my '23 by counting on them.
they contacted me today (7-22 "pre-order"). said they were going in order of emails recieved

megapixle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can someone help reassure me I'm on track (or not)?

Ordered within a day of the bank opening, not sure exactly what time since the system crashed. Got a confirmation email from Ford same day. The only "order number" I have is a 4 digit code (F2xx). I submitted my order request via email to the salesman. Also a pic of my driver's license. Never signed anything. I've been bugging the salesman to take my deposit, he's very unresponsive but finally said "we'll waive it for you.". I'm feeling like none of this is "official" enough, even though Ford did send my confirmation email directly to me.

Any thoughts? Should I try to make it "more official" somehow? Dealer is 30 minutes away, I could pay a visit.
Sponsored