First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Ranger XLT, 73 Mustang Base, 02 Toyota Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford has basically said that hybrids were going to be constrained to 35 percent. Curious what our membership has ordered so far. Might give us a clue as to how long hybrid ordering will be available.
Sponsored

Jatrax

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 VW ID.4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you have a link to those constraints? The only list I saw appeared to be what Ford expected orders to be based on last year, not actual restraints. Maybe I read it wrong. Now I can't find it anymore.

OP
OP
Bad Actor

Bad Actor

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

PA-Homesteader

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Ordered a XL EcoBoost AWD

Sponsored

lanslide

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin Levesque
Threads
Reaction score
Website
klphotos.zenfolio.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat, Scrambler 1200XC
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is what my dealer emailed to me.

WHAT’S NEW FOR 2023MY MAVERICK
In addition to the recent and exciting announcement of the Tremor Off-Road Package, there are a number of important updates for 2023MY – this includes changes to some of our optional packages helping to limit exposure to ongoing supply chain constraints.

• Feature Offering Updates
    • Standard Cruise Control on XL
    • Voice-Activated Touchscreen Navigation included with SYNC 3 (available in Lariat Luxury Pkg)
  • New Packages
    • Tremor Off-Road Package (available on XLT and Lariat)
    • Tremor Appearance Package (requires Tremor Off-Road Pkg)
    • Black Appearance Package (available on XLT and Lariat)
    • Co-Pilot360 Assist Package (available when equipped with Lariat Luxury Pkg)
  • XLT Luxury Package Changes
    • Drop-In Bedliner and Bed Tie-Down Rails removed and offered as free-standing options
    • Remote Start removed and offered as free-standing option (requires XLT Luxury Pkg)
  • Lariat Luxury Package Changes
    • Spray-In Bedliner and Bed Tie-Down Rails removed and offered as free-standing options
    • Remote Start removed and offered as free-standing option (requires Lariat Luxury Pkg)
    • Adaptive Cruise Control, Evasive Steer Assist, & Rear Parking Sensors moved to Co-Pilot360 Assist Package
2023MY MAVERICK KEY COMMODITIES
With supply chain constraints continuing for the 2023MY Maverick, Ford has shared with us the planned commodity mixes detailed below. This means that Ford will be producing Mavericks based on the limitations below.

Powertrain / Trim Series:
Gas - 65%
Hybrid - 35%
XL - 15%
XLT - 59%
Lariat - 26%

Packages
XLT Luxury Package - 30%
Lariat Luxury Package - 25%
Tremor Off-Road Package - 8%
Tremor Appearance Package - 3%
Black Appearance Package - 10%
Co-Pilot360 Package - 40%
Co-Pilot360 Assist Package - 20%

Key Commodities
4k Tow Package - 20%
Moon Roof - 38%
Spray-in Bedliner - 33%
Drop-in Bedliner - 20%
Cleat Tie Down Kit - 40%
Tonneau Cover (Hard) - 3%
Tonneau Cover (Soft) - 10%
Bed Extender - 2%
Bed Tray - 2%
Bed Mat Divider - 3%
Load Box Edge Protector - 3%
Splash Guards - 4%
Protective Film - 3%

As mentioned above, at this time please let us know if you would like to make any changes to your configuration for 23MY. Thank you!

Kevin

KSC Grey Ghost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It kinda sounds like last year with the 22s same problems with constraints but now on the 23s higher prices and less accessories goodies in the packages . I hope I'm wrong very wrong 🤔

OP
OP
Bad Actor

Bad Actor

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Frankly, I can't comprehend how the XL is constrained at 15 percent. Common sense says it takes less resources to build than an XLT or Lariat. So Ford is trying to upsell to higher profit vehicles, I get it. But I doubt anyone just wanting cheap basic transportation is going to spend another 5 or ten thousand dollars. Just sell what people want Ford.

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda CR-V, 2019 Kia Sportage
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The poll results are pretty daunting, pretty much the exact opposite of Ford’s planned production ratio. Methinks this won’t end well for us hybrid folks…

Jatrax

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 VW ID.4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Frankly, I can't comprehend how the XL is constrained at 15 percent.
Maybe I am still reading that sheet wrong but I don't think it is stating that those are constraints. It is saying that is what Ford plans to build and that is what parts they are ordering. If the orders they actually receive differ from that plan then they have a problem and parts become a "constraint".

So I do not think the XL is "constrained" in any way. That is just what percentage of builds Ford plans to make as XLs. Whether that is because they have history to show that is what will sell or they are intentionally upselling, I have no idea.

For 2022 I suspect they thought most people would not want the hybrid and planned on mostly ECO Boosts. They got caught leaning the wrong way and so hybrids have been constrained since day one.

Sponsored

Jatrax

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 VW ID.4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The poll results are pretty daunting, pretty much the exact opposite of Ford’s planned production ratio. Methinks this won’t end well for us hybrid folks…
I guess we will see as the poll matures but yeah, that's pretty much the opposite of the "plan". Wonder whether the "plan" is based on history, astrology or available parts.............

I also wonder what the poll would say if the hybrid was offered in AWD and the 4k towing packaging? 95% hybrid and 5%ECO?????

adamgrattan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 deville
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Frankly, I can't comprehend how the XL is constrained at 15 percent. Common sense says it takes less resources to build than an XLT or Lariat. So Ford is trying to upsell to higher profit vehicles, I get it. But I doubt anyone just wanting cheap basic transportation is going to spend another 5 or ten thousand dollars. Just sell what people want Ford.
Prob only bought limited account of that interior.

Dadmezz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford got rid of their economy sedans, pushing ev, pushing hyped the ads towards hybrid high mpg with a low price....and they dropped the ball on execution...what a shame for use a!!.
Those that can, will hang in there, for a while longer anyway.
Sponsored