Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
on the topic of the rear window, it appears the rear vision will be extremely limited using interior rear view mirror because the window is very short in height. Looking at the studio shots of the interior it is apparent the rear passenger headrests will block most of the rear vision too- except in middle of backseat. If there's no feature to fold those down (my 2013 Grand Cherokee does that), then I suspect I'll be keeping the back seat folded "flat" most the time for better sightlines out back.
Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
As others have said, they are great for ventilation.

I don't think a lot of people remember, or know the time when 25 to 55 mph air-conditioning was a standard option ...... And with a lot of us smaller, or 5 foot bed truck owners . It's better to run lumber, pipe, and other long stuff into the cab vs hanging out of the bed...with the possibility of bouncing, or flying out.
I sure do. My Grandpa was a Ford man and we were amazed when we went to visit 1 summer and he had a new 1965 Falcon WITH FACTORY Air conditioning! Wing windows and lower outside vents with closeable doors mounted in footwells under the dashboard were typical back then.

medgar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am taking a pass on the manual rear window since it says you have to add Ford 360 package to the price. I am going to go with more airflow and a brighter interior with the sliding moonroof.

Looks like my reservation with be XLT with 2.0 engine, 4k tow package and sliding moonroof. My wife and I will be set to tour the USA with our Maverick and teardrop in tow.

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You don’t want 360 and you pulling a trailer ?

ghost1986

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Grand Marquis
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wouldnt mind the sliding rear window but Im not getting it if I need to get the 360 junk at the same time. Im fine without it at that point.

Sponsored

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Have 360 on a transit connect and we’ll worth it especially if you pulling.

it only needs save you once to pay

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
on the topic of the rear window, it appears the rear vision will be extremely limited using interior rear view mirror because the window is very short in height. Looking at the studio shots of the interior it is apparent the rear passenger headrests will block most of the rear vision too- except in middle of backseat. If there's no feature to fold those down (my 2013 Grand Cherokee does that), then I suspect I'll be keeping the back seat folded "flat" most the time for better sightlines out back.
If you don’t carry passengers very often, the headrests are usually removable. Since we only occasionally carry passengers, ours have been taken out of every car we’ve owned for 20 years. The nice under seat storage seems to be a good place for them.

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The garage is another good place for them. Even with occasional passengers rear headrests are gone

medgar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The blind spot detectors only work on the car it doesn't work on the trailer. When I am pulling with my Subaru I don't rely on the blind spot detector. The blind spot detectors are nice for a secondary way to check to see if you are clear but moving your neck and adjusting your side mirrors so you don't have a blind spot is number 1.

Now if we could get the people driving the big trucks and towing while doing 90mph on the interstate to understand the above it would save a lot of pucker factor during travel.

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota
The blind spot detectors only work on the car it doesn't work on the trailer. When I am pulling with my Subaru I don't rely on the blind spot detector. The blind spot detectors are nice for a secondary way to check to see if you are clear but moving your neck and adjusting your side mirrors so you don't have a blind spot is number 1.

Now if we could get the people driving the big trucks and towing while doing 90mph on the interstate to understand the above it would save a lot of pucker factor during travel.
Ford does offer, on F-150, not sure about Ranger, Blind Spot Monitor with Trailer Coverage. Setting the trailer length in set-up will allow full length trailer coverage. Other manufacturers offer similar, some automated and calculates trailer length after first turn. I don't think that feature is included on Maverick, but the technology does currently exist and utilized on some products.

Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you don’t carry passengers very often, the headrests are usually removable. Since we only occasionally carry passengers, ours have been taken out of every car we’ve owned for 20 years. The nice under seat storage seems to be a good place for them.
they don't look removable in those studio interior shots. The middle position is a different smaller design too. Tilting down/forward might be all we can hope for unless confirmed removable.

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Would be an odd choice on Fords part if they not removable. Blocking clear view behind on an open truck bed

Tennessee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fiesta ST
My 2016 Ford Fiesta ST has folding rear headrests.

808Rider

First Name
Gee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
What I'd like to see is how big does it open? From the outside it looks like its a small square area, not very useful if its only 18x18 inches. The site is very poor at giving accurate details on the options.
Sponsored