zf1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am not sure if others have realized, but it seems that Ford Co has published the 2023 Maverick Tech Specs when published the new Tremor package.

See the Tech Specs at https://media.ford.com/content/dam/fordmedia/North America/US/product/2023/maverick/pdf/2023-Maverick-Tremor-tech-specs.pdf

It was published attached to the Tremor announcement, so it contains tech specs both the Tremor and the other packages.

Based on an initial look, I did not spot any surprises in the 2023 Tech Specs, but maybe others can spot something interesting.

EDIT: I have also added the 2022 Specs for comparison.
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited:

Chandler29

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chandler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Taurus SEL AWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good find, assuming this is all they will offer for MY23 its sad to see no Hybrid AWD. But I would rather they take their time and make it proper then rush something out the door.

OP
OP

zf1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, it really seems as nothing is changing from the 2022 model year, except obviously the addition of the Tremor package.
It would have been nice to see the Hybrid AWD for sure.

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It looks like Black Appearance package will be coming though bases on the wheel notes

SpaceyMac

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Maverick Lariat 360 2.5L
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Surprised to see Sync 3. Ford was to move all their infotainment to Android Automotive OS. Originally scheduled for '22 but was pushed back with expected release of '23.

Sponsored

Chandler29

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chandler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Taurus SEL AWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Surprised to see Sync 3. Ford was to move all their infotainment to Android Automotive OS. Originally scheduled for '22 but was pushed back with expected release of '23.
Yeah you are right I remember them saying something along those lines. But also it says standard is a 8 Inch touch screen, wasn't the 22 models a 6.5 inch touch screen?
Also it states:
" , 4.2-inch productivity screen, available 6.5-inch productivity screen, "
So what are these smaller screens for?

mcgarveyjb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT W/Lux and spray in
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah you are right I remember them saying something along those lines. But also it says standard is a 8 Inch touch screen, wasn't the 22 models a 6.5 inch touch screen?
Also it states:
" , 4.2-inch productivity screen, available 6.5-inch productivity screen, "
So what are these smaller screens for?
the 4.5 is the small screen between the charge indicator and the speedometer, I believe it was larger on the Lariat. the 6.x screen was standard with the 8" on the lariat, now it loks like everyone gets the 8"

Chandler29

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chandler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Taurus SEL AWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
the 4.5 is the small screen between the charge indicator and the speedometer, I believe it was larger on the Lariat. the 6.x screen was standard with the 8" on the lariat, now it loks like everyone gets the 8"
Ah, so the 8" will just be the new standard infotainment screen size, and the instrument cluster screen will be 4.2" standard with an optional upgrade to 6.5" presumable on the lariat models again.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ah, so the 8" will just be the new standard infotainment screen size, and the instrument cluster screen will be 4.2" standard with an optional upgrade to 6.5" presumable on the lariat models again.
8" infotainment screen already is the standard on '22MY.

UnTruck

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Layne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Pilot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Have the hybrids and EB engine vehicles always been built in different facilities? I thought all of them were at Hermosillo, but the specs say the EB will be built in Cleveland and Spain now.

Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Have the hybrids and EB engine vehicles always been built in different facilities? I thought all of them were at Hermosillo, but the specs say the EB will be built in Cleveland and Spain now.
Yes. Chihuaha, where the hybrid engines are assembled, is some 400 miles from Hermosillo. Most all EcoBoost Maverick engines have been Spanish; I don't think I've seen anyone report a Cleveland build.

UnTruck

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Layne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Pilot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes. Chihuaha, where the hybrid engines are assembled, is some 400 miles from Hermosillo. Most all EcoBoost Maverick engines have been Spanish; I don't think I've seen anyone report a Cleveland build.
Gotcha, I see the difference between engine build location and final assembly location.

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

As mentioned below, 8" is the standard across the board for the Infotainment system same as 22. The instrument cluster is also the same. For MY22 4.2" was standard unless you had a Lariat or an FX4 package. Both of those got the 6.5"

CSmith

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4, 2020 F150 XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The 4.2" instrument cluster screen is standard on XL and XLT. The Lariat and FX4 and now Tremor will have the 6.5" instrument cluster screen.

dbmurray

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Escape Titanium
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's interesting that the Tremor is an inch longer.

Is the actual cab an inch longer? It seems so at first glance given there's an extra cubic foot of passenger volume and an extra inch of leg room in the second seat. On second glance, though, it also says the 2.0 model has the extra inch of leg room in the second seat without the Tremor package, so that appear to be more of a 2.0 vs. 2.5 thing than the size of the cab itself.

Ford Maverick 2023 Maverick Technical Specifications posted [PDF] 1659556570507

Ford Maverick 2023 Maverick Technical Specifications posted [PDF] 1659556601963

Ford Maverick 2023 Maverick Technical Specifications posted [PDF] 1659556455397
Sponsored