Sponsored

Ford just gave Hybrid buyers the middle finger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jozell

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverik<on order> Subaru Impreza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
From Tim's live stream tonight, no more Hybrids will be scheduled for MY2022. All the rest of MY2022 orders will be Eco-boost with base models even being able to be ordered by DEALERS. So all of us unscheduled Hybrid buyers just got the shaft from Ford.
Sponsored

nick112288

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Ram 2500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Or they don't readily have the supplies required to consistently build the hybrids to completion? So rather than not build anything dedicate their effort to the Ecoboosts they can build.

Good lord are there some dramatic people on here. Not everything Ford does is because they're out to get you

OP
OP

Jozell

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverik<on order> Subaru Impreza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Or they don't readily have the supplies required to consistently build the hybrids to completion? So rather than not build anything dedicate their effort to the Ecoboosts they can build.

Good lord are there some dramatic people on here. Not everything Ford does is because they're out to get you
I never said they were out to get me but cutting off /ALL/ hybrid orders for the rest of the year is a /real/ bad look for a company bragging on how they are going to push hard into the ev market. Also their scheduling has been jacked from the start with some July orders still waiting while some November orders with as many or more restrictions were built.

ITSATRUCK

First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK
Yup don't have hybrid parts. Who wants to bet there diverting Maverick components and materials to Lightning or other higher priced products.

From the beginning the Maverick Hybrid is a vehicle no one wanted to build but consumers really wanted.

All manufacturers are trying to promote there ICE only vehicles as they can't get volume on Hybrid or EV.

An AWD hybrid Tremor Maverick would sell like hot cakes. But Ford can't build them due to material constraints. So they promote the ICE only option as this amazing thing. There cool and will sell but if a version in Hybrid was available everyone would want that and Ford can't make them.

This is my working theory on why no AWD hybrid Mavericks as well.

PDM33

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
From Tim's live stream tonight, no more Hybrids will be scheduled for MY2022. All the rest of MY2022 orders will be Eco-boost with base models even being able to be ordered by DEALERS. So all of us unscheduled Hybrid buyers just got the shaft from Ford.
You should probably cancel your order

Sponsored

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Well my EB w/lux and CP360 from September won’t get built according to Tim. I guess what bothers me is that Ford will start stockpiling all those constraint items like the hybrid batteries, the CP360 and the Lux items so they can build the MY23… which means if they give Priority, and that’s a BIG IF, if they give priority to the MY22 orders, wasn’t this wait for nothing? I mean just build what you can now, a few more customer builds should be a priority over dealer stock because that ladies and gentlemen is exactly what the thousands of basic Mavericks built are going to be.

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well my EB w/lux and CP360 from September won’t get built according to Tim. I guess what bothers me is that Ford will start stockpiling all those constraint items like the hybrid batteries, the CP360 and the Lux items so they can build the MY23… which means if they give Priority, and that’s a BIG IF, if they give priority to the MY22 orders, wasn’t this wait for nothing? I mean just build what you can now, a few more customer builds should be a priority over dealer stock because that ladies and gentlemen is exactly what the thousands of basic Mavericks built are going to be.
Stockpiling. I wouldn't be surprised if that's what's happening.

MvrkECWI

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Crosstrek
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Waiting over a year to not get the truck you ordered as colors and options disappear for MY23 gets pretty rough. Easy to understand the frustration.

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You still have a shot this week.

Sponsored

onetequilatwo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Lariat Maverick and 2019 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The eco base model can be misleading as Tim said no luxury packages, splash guards, tri-fold tonneau covers and one other thing for eco will not be scheduled. But all three trims can be scheduled without the stated items and 4k are planned to be produced for October and week of Nov 7th.

Seems like the slow down from 5-6.5k is continuing and some feel as @fordvideoguy mentioned that with scheduling delays that those hybrids already scheduled for September could be bumped into October builds. So perhaps they can build more for October/Nov 7th week but some could be hybrids plus the 4k eco.

As already stated there is still Sept 26th build week scheduling for hybrids but your dealer must still have allocations. Tim also said that if a dealer has October/Nov 7th week allocations and not enough eco boost orders, they might be able to order stock builds. Hope that does not happen and the region will be smart about allocations.

forkspider

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This guy. I’m patiently waiting. I was scheduled for the July 4th bank and here I am. I work in the industry restoring classic cars. I don’t even want to know what it’s like for ford at the moment.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Tim said they were probably building out the Ecoboost to get them out of way so hybrids could be built faster when constraints probably batteries would be available.

Ice Ferret

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Suzuki XL7
Why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.